25. Shock Alert

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Mehak's POV 

"Please marry Arthit,beta." 

Hearing Mom's request ,I was stunned. My anger reached its peak.

"What are you saying mom? " I asked her in anger.

"Yes Aunty...I respect you and can't say no to you for anything but this…." Arthit told my mom.

Mom said to me,"Please beta,I can't see you getting insulted in front of everyone. Moreover Arthit is a good boy.

And Arthit,I know that I am asking a very thing from you...but you know I can't ever want something which is bad for you and Mehak as well.

I know there is some misunderstanding between you two ...but for that life can't stop for it. Commutation is the key to every problem . Please talk with each other and move on together without holding any grudges against each other. " 

How can I make you understand, Mom, that it's not a misunderstanding!!! It was the truth ...the truth of his betrayal. 

After saying this Mom started to cry. Seeing her like this, I shut my eyes in pain.

"Aunty,please calm down. " Arthit said to Mom as he engulfed Mom in a hug. 

He comforted Mom till she stopped crying.

I was fighting an internal battle about what I should and what I shouldn't. 

"Please beta,don't reject my request. I just want to see my daughter's marriage before I die. " Mom said to him crying.

"Aunty ,don't say this. 

We will not let you live. 

After all You will live long as you have to see your son's marriage as well,you have to play with your grandchildren as well. You have a lot of work to complete. " Arthit said to Mom,making Manik whine .Mom chuckled along with others who were present there. In fact I couldn't stop myself from smiling.

This man always holds the power to ease a tense situation like this. I hate him for making me smile.

"But there was a time when you admired him for this nature." My heart poked me. I rolled my eyes. 

"Don't forget that he made your mom smile who is ill and is told to keep happy." My heart reminded me. 

I know and I am grateful to him for this but I hate the fact that it is him who is making my mom smile.

I looked at him, narrowing my eyes. He looked at me and turned his head away, making my jaw drop on the floor.

I shook my head to get rid of the thoughts of murdering him. 

"Aunty, can I talk with Mehak alone ?" Arthit asked Mom.

Now what does he want to say?

"I don't want to talk to him. " I said to Mom.

"Mehak,stop this childishness. Go and talk with him...after all it is You guys who  have to stay together the rest of the life. Now Go." Mom chided.

"But I didn't say yes to this alliance. " I protested but Mom didn't listen to me.

Arthit grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the room.

"How dare you touch me!!! Leave my hand,you idiot. " I yelled at him throughout the way but he just ignored my words.

He took me to the room beside it and  shut the door behind him.

"Why the hell are you shutting the door?" I yelled at him.

"Will you shut your mouth? God,I will turn deaf because of the banshee-like voice of yours ." He said to me with an irritated expression. 

I looked at him , gaping like a fish. How dare he insult me like this!!! 

"Banshee!!! If my voice is banshee ,yours is like a screeching Tyre.. "  I said to him angrily. 

"Screeching Tyre!!! I have a very decent voice and you also know that very well. So this comeback of yours is baseless. If you don't have any point to argue back with me, stop throwing nonsense insults which don't make sense." He said with a bored expression. 

I gritted my teeth and said, "Mera bass chale toh Main abhi tumhe mar du.(If it was in my hand, I would have murdered you now .)"

"I knew it...I knew that you have a murderer's instinct inside you. See you proved it today." He said with a shake of head as if he was very disappointed with me.

I was about to retort back to him, he stopped me,"Just leave all these childishness and listen to me. I am going to say yes for this marriage. " 

"What the fuck!!! Oh..oh..oh...so why won't you say yes ,after all You always had your eyes on me. You were just searching for an opportunity and now see your luck,you got that as well. 

Wah Arthit Wah!!  Mauke ke fyada uthana koi tumse shikhe (Wow Arthit Wow!! Everybody should learn this art of grabbing opportunities from you.)" I said to him sarcastically. I was just a minute away from murdering him.

He closed his eyes to control his anger and said, "Think whatever fuck you want to...I am not obliged to answer you for everything. I am marrying you just to save Aunty from the humiliation...and you should agree as well if you want to see your mother healthy. Think about it and come out soon." 

He went out, leaving me in a pool of thoughts .

"Don't fall in this trap.  Don't marry the man who played with your emotions and your trust." My mind said to me.

"No Mehak...think about your mom. She did so much for you but never asked for a single thing. Can't you fulfill her first wish? Moreover, she needs to be happy, not stressful. 

If today this marriage doesn't happen,she will also have to listen to the taunts of society along with you. 

Can you bear this?" My heart reminded me.

I took a deep breath as I made my decision. 

"God bless you both. I can't tell you how happy I am seeing my baby get married!!!! My dream came true ." Mom said as she engulfed Me and Arthit in her arms. 

Yes, I agreed to marry this baboon. .

I looked at Arthit and twisted my mouth in anger. 

After that a tearful bidaai took place.  

Right now I am going towards my husband's home. 

"Stop crying...it's not that you can't go to visit your Mom." Arthit said as he passed me a tissue.

Hearing him,I turned towards him in a lightning speed and shouted at him, "Stop your fake concern ,you insensitive baboon. How can you feel the pain of leaving your family away?" 

He rolled his eyes and shook his head. 

"I told you because you will have a headache after crying for long as you always have and I have to suffer because of that as we will be staying together. " He said .

I kept my mouth shut ,ignoring his remark.

After some time we reached his home. There I was welcomed in a traditional way .

"I always wanted you as my daughter...as the wife of my Arthit. But I didn't know that my wish would be fulfilled. Welcome home,beta." Aunty said and welcomed me. I smiled at her. 

Soon Arthit's chachi (aunt) took Me to his room.

"This was Arthit's bedroom. From today it is yours too. Welcome. " Chachi said and left me alone.

Once again Chachi came back to give a dress to wear for the night. 

I looked around the room. Though I had come here before, today it made me feel differently which I couldn't explain. 

Suddenly realization dawned on me that I had to stay with him alone from today.

What if he tries to do something? 

I will also show him with whom he was taking a chance. I will break his bones.

"Moreover you know that he won't misbehave with you whether you accept it or not." My heart poked.

I rolled my eyes.

Soon I changed into a light weighted dress after removing my wedding dress and makeup.

As soon as I settled down on the bed,the door opened revealing Arthit.

Without giving me a glance, he went inside the washroom and came out after freshening up.

He was about to sit on the bed when I sat up straight.

"What do you think you are doing here ,on this bed?" I asked him.

He looked at me as if I had grown two horns. 

"Obviously I won't dance here...I came here to sleep as you are doing." He said to me sarcastically. 

"Don't you have any decency? Can't you see a lady sleeping here already?" I yelled at him.

"So? It's your fault that you occupied my bed. But nevermind,I am not that cruel to tell you to leave now. Most importantly you are my wife so it's not wrong to share my bed with you.

Moreover, I am not going to get tempted by sharing my bed with you...so relax," He said to me. 

I was about to object to him but he stopped me saying, "Please let me sleep now. Rest of the argument will be done tomorrow, I promise." 

He slept on his side, leaving me livid.

Next morning  I woke up at around 8 am . Luckily nobody crossed the line. 

I took a bath and wore a beautiful red saree which Aunty gave me to wear.

Mehak's look

When I came out from the bathroom, the room was empty .

After getting ready ,I went downstairs to have my breakfast where Aunty informed me about the ritual of pag phere according to which Arthit would drop me to my maternal house for a day and in the evening Arthit would pick me up. I was more than happy. 

After eating my breakfast I went back to his room to pick my handbag up so that I could leave. 

I was fixing my saree when somebody knocked on my door.

Frowning, I opened my door when a girl of 2 or 3 years entered inside . I had never seen her before.

"Yes," I asked her.

She frowned at me and said, "Who are you? What are you doing in my dadda's room?" 

I was shocked and asked her, "What are you saying? Who is your Dadda?" 

She walked towards the side table and took the photo frame of Arthit from there.

"He is my dadda...but who are you?" She said ,making me take a step backward in shock. 

So finally they got married.

Now who is the child?

Next update on Monday.

Stay safe and healthy.

Please Do Vote,Comment and Share.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro