47. The words

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Author's pov 

"Mummy, " Hearing her daughter's voice  ,Mehak walked from the closet. She looked at the bed to see Aanshi sitting there with a story book in her hand.

"Yes beta." Mehak said with a smile and walked towards the bed. She took her seat beside her. 

Settling herself on Mehak's lap ,Aanshi said to her, " You pomised (promised) me that you would read me this stoly (story) today aftel (after) lunch. " Her lips formed into a cute pout.

Mehak kissed her pout with a smile and said ,"Mummy remembered that promise, bachcha (baby). Now come, I will read you the story. " 

Aanshi jumped on her lap with a squeal and kissed her cheeks, making Mehak smile.

Mehak laid her down on the bed . Taking the book in her hand ,she started to read the story for her. 

After completing the half part of the story, she turned her face towards Aanshi to see her sleeping peacefully, hugging Mehak's right hand near her chest. Mehak smiled ,kissed her forehead and covered her with the duvet.
She also laid down beside her, hugging her close to her chest.

It's been a week since the accident of Sameer happened. Unfortunately Sameer slipped into coma which affected everyone very badly especially Arthit and Sameer's mother. 

She is now staying with them in Rajvanshi mansion as Arthit has forced her because it will not be good to let her stay alone in this situation. 

The great thing which Arthit did was that he shifted Sameer in their house. The medical equipment and nurses are appointed for him. This made it easy for them to keep eyes on Sameer and to keep The media away from him.

Arthit's schedule has become busy than before as the maximum amount of works in his office is his responsibility now which includes Sameer's portion as well. 
So Mehak is keeping his food timing in check because sometimes he forgets to eat his food due to work pressure and tension. 

But no matter how busy his schedule is, he never misses spending time with his daughter and his wife. Everyday after his dinner, he spends time with them. 

Soon Mehak's smile wiped away as she remembered her meeting with Ankur which happened a week ago.

Flashback

"Ankur," A whisper came out of her lips.

"Hey Mehak, how are you?" Ankur asked as he stood in front of her.

Though Mehak didn't have an ounce of desire to talk to him, she decided to answer because of her humble nature.

"I am good.." she replied. 

"So how's your married life? I have heard you are married to Arthit. " He asked her. She tried to search for guilt in his eyes but couldn't find anything . 

"It's wonderful. By the way ,I don't think that you have any right to ask me any kind of personal question. So now please excuse me,  I have to go home. " Mehak replied sternly. 

"Why? Will your husband question you if you reach late? " He asked sarcastically. His tone was telling that he wanted to utter some rubbish against Arthit and Mehak understood that very well. 

"Listen he isn't narrow minded . He has trust in me." Mehak said and left immediately, ignoring his calls.

Flashback ends 

After that encounter, Ankur called her twice and sent her messages . But she blocked him on the third day itself.

She didn't want to keep any kind of contact with him after what he did on their wedding day.  In fact she didn't inform Arthit about it because he was already stressed about everything, so she didn't want to put more pressure on him.

"But it's better that you got married to a wonderful person like Arthit. " Her heart said, which made her smile.

Suddenly her phone vibrated which diverted her attention. 

Without checking the caller id she picked the phone up.

"Hello," she said.
"Hey beautiful. " Hearing the familiar husky voice, she smiled.

"Wow...compliments and all, huh!!! Kya baat hai?(What's the matter?)" She said with a smile. 

"I have to...otherwise my wife will complain about me. I don't want to upset her. " He said, making her blush.

"So...what are you doing? Missing me?" He said . 
The teasing tone was evident in his voice.

"If I say yes then!!." She said with a smirk.

"Then I will say that I am honoured. " He said , making her laugh.

"When are you coming today?" She asked him.

"I will try to come early. The Canada project is already done. Our team has left for the photoshoots and all." Arthit said with a sigh.

"Okay see you tonight. Bye." She said with a smile.

"Bye." Saying this he cut the call.

It was them.  They don't talk for hours on the phone but some minutes in between their work. But when they are in front of each other  ,they don't care about time while talking to each other.
Next Day

Feeling the sunlight which was coming from the window , Arthit opened his eyes. 

He looked towards his chest to see his wife sleeping on his chest . He kissed her forehead lightly and put her head on the pillow carefully so that she didn't wake up.

Seeing her one last time with a smile, he walked towards the washroom.

After doing his morning chores and taking shower ,he got dressed for the day. 

Finding the bedroom empty, he understood that his wife had gone downstairs in the kitchen. He himself walked towards the room where Sameer was kept as per his routine. 

He sat on the chair which was kept beside Sameer's bed. 

His heart churned seeing his pale and bruised face.

"Please get up soon yaar (friend). I am seriously missing your unnecessary blabbering." He whispered softly.
"How's he ,doctor?" Arthit asked the doctor who came to check Sameer.

"I am happy to say that he has started to respond to our treatment properly. If it keeps going like this, he will be out from coma very soon." The doctor said which brought a smile on Arthit's and Sameer's mother's faces who were present in the room.

"Thank you ,doctor." Sameer's mother said with happy tears in her eyes.

The doctor nodded and left.

Arthit went downstairs and informed everyone about the news. The family took a sigh in relief .

Suddenly Arthit's phone rang. He excused himself and went out.
Checking the caller id ,he frowned. 

"Yes, Officer." He said.

"Your guess was right. Mr. Sameer's accident was a planned one. We are able to locate the truck and the driver." The inspector said.

Arthit nodded and took a deep breath to control his anger.
"Do whatever you have to do...but I want you to let me know the main culprit behind it." 

"You will know soon. Don't worry." The inspector said.

"Mummy, I want chokets( chocolates)." Aanshi whined.

"But beta, you just had your lunch. You can have it in the evening. " Mehak tried to make her understand. 

"Please." Aanshi said with a sad pout. 

Seeing her sad face, Mehak sighed and said, "Okay you wait here. But you can have only one small piece. Okay?" 

"Okay, Mummy. I love you." Aanshi said with a squeal. Mehak laughed, kissing her cheeks.

Mehak walked out of the room and went downstairs to bring the chocolates. 

After lunch Mrs. Rajvanshi and Arthit's Chachi went out for some work.  Sameer's mother was in Sameer's room. Only Chachu, Mehak and Aanshi were in the house.

Taking the chocolates with her,  she was walking towards her room. 

While crossing Chacha's room , she stopped on her track hearing Chacha's unexpected words inside the room.

How's the chapter?

Let me know.

Next update will be soon.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro