45. Northern Darkness

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Dante had made so many suffer while Athena was healing in his chambers. Her rejection and resistance had made him even more determined to make people suffer even beyond what was needed to be done to make them surrender. He had destroyed building after building from rage. It was evident that most of the damage were done in anger. He had especially made sure to burn all ancient buildings to the ground.

Some of Dante's enforcers now were working to make Ronas monuments and buildings. Those new Ronas built sites were going to be decorated with images of Ronas the conquerer battling with his enemies. Dante had ordered his enforcers to wipe the towns clean of any trace of the previous way of life in Northern Territory. Any citizen in possession of any thing associated with their past wre going to be arrested and sent to Arkansas to be put on trial. Dante had created so much fear and panic amongst the few numbers whom were left alive and free to live in Northern Territory under his rule. Only those whom had surrendered were allowed back to their homes. Others whom had dared to resist Dante had either been killed or captured. .

The smell of smoke and blood was everywhere. The screams and cries of pain were the only sound heard by Athena. Dante had sent Athena to the middle of the destructed capital of the northern territory or rather what was left of it. Athena was fuming now. How long had he kept her in his chambers for. He had invaded all towns while the process of transferring the captives and stationing enforcers were happening at the same time. She couldn't believe how much destruction Dante had contributed to. She suddenly felt nauseous and knelt on the floor next to a dried up fountain. She was feeling sick. She had to find her healer coven and get help. She didn't even know where to start. She had to find her coven now and help evacuating the civilians who didn't wants to live under Ronas rules. But it saddened her that it was most likely that that group of people were captured now. Only those whom had surrendered were allowed to be back to their land. However she was sure her coven had done their best evacuating most of the people in need. But still with the enormous waves of pain she could feel from miles away, she was sure there were many who had not been reached on time to be rescued and instead they were most likely being tormented at the captive headquarters as a victory celebration for the Ronas Army.

As she was starting to make some connection to her coven, Athena heard Alexandra's voice behind her "Athena is that you. Where have you been? We were looking all over for you. You must come back with us. This area is quite dangerous. Apparently, the trackers are everywhere trying to acquire strong bloodlines who have managed to hide somehow. Come on. We have made a base just outside the Northern Territory near the west from here. We have to go now." As she grabbed Athena, her words registered. Things were not so bad then. There was some operation happening by her coven at least.

As the white light cleared following their teleportation, Athena gasped at the sight. There was a massive tent full of children and elderly. What was happening.

Alexandra spoke "Well they are here because Aretha couldn't guarantee everyone's safety at every one time we were teleporting the civilians to Alaska and Valera. Well so we worked slowly for a while. Everything was going on smoothly until 2 hours ago when Dante's army took over all Northern Territory. Now they have access to all routes. It's so hard to find a route that's 100% safe for these civilians. We can teleport because we are fighters. we can get them off our tail but these people don't stand a chance if the likes of Tanya and Lucia chase them. We have sealed this area as best as we could with our spells. but as you know, we cant stay here forever undetected. It's only a matter of time before the Ronas army would locate us. It is vital to find a secure teleportation route. and you are just the one to do it for us. I found you on time. By the way, We have a meeting next door in a few minutes. Lets go."

Athena was still in shock. It felt as though she had missed out on a. Massive part of the battle. As they went to the next tent, she noticed the big round red table with parchments and maps around the place. She sighed and followed Alexandra. As they both sat down and waited, the healer coven appeared one by one. All eight of them in one room now.

Aretha ran to her and picked her up from her seat and embraced Arhena into a tight hug " You are safe. Oh I was so worried about you."

Tattiana coughed "Aretha take your seat. We have no time. This is urgent. Your sister is indestructible. So you were worried for no reason."

As all sat down, Elena stood up first "Lets full you in on what's happening now in Alaska. This is still war mode time. The guardians and elder tree council are strengthening their borders even more now. They have searched and found more enchanted rocks to protect invasive forces entering. So it can buy us more time to get people there and then go to Valera. As you know, we are avoiding direct teleportation to Valera just in case the Ronas army track us. So getting the civilians to safety is still a lengthy and inefficient process. We lost track of so many northern fighters who were sadly captured or killed within minutes after Dante attacked. But there is still hope. We have to first get all the ones that we can save to safety, ....... Then as you know, if we are to save all those we are capable of saving, it means another thing ...... Uh....We would have to attack Dante's base to free as many captives as we can and bring them here temporarily. Then we can find some safe teleportation route with the help of Athena and go to Alaska before the Ronas army locates this base hopefully."

Everyone gasped. Alexandra shook her head and stood up. "You remember how the elder council and guardians sent us messages only hours ago about this issue. They have forbidden it to attack Dante head on. If even one of us gets captured, then the likelihood of facing an interrogation at the hand of that monster himself is inevitable. We know too much. He would extract our memories and would find out about Alaska's defensive plans. I object to this. Lets leave now with these civilians we have managed to pick up. Athena can easily find us a low risk route. She is more powerful than any of us and can do this right now. But have you thought about what would happen if Athena gets injured or gets captured during this attack you are proposing? It means we would be stuck here and hope no Ronas tracker finds us before some miracle helps us to find a way to get these innocents to Alaska alive and well."

Tattiana stood up and spoke with a frown "Come on Alexandra. We can't leave those captives in Dante's base. They are only a few miles away from us right now. Their faiths would be worse than death if we give up on them. Especially the ones they consider as weak in Arkansas. I say we go and attack Dante head on. It is our duty to protect those in need. I am sure it is worth the risk. We can't let fear stop us from our mission. These civilians are safe here for now. The sealing spells on our base haven't worn off yet and won't wear off any time soon. Trust me."

As Tattiana sat down Eliza stood up " If we are to attack, I think we should plan carefully how we are going to attack. It is most likely that we would have to duel with some of Dante's commanders. At least we must have a plan about who would attack which base and which commander if the time comes."

Helena stood up next " I agree with Alexandra on this. We are doing well saving the ones we are sure we can save. We are good to no one if we risk getting captured. We are dangerous weapons in the wrong hands. We are on borrowed time already. I say we spend more time finding some teleportation routes for the people that we have saved already. We can't leave them here in this unsafe area while we go on our suicide quest of freeing more captives from under the watchful eyes of Dante the destroyer."

Mariana spoke next "I think Helena and Alexandra are right but i believe if we call for some back up help from Alaska, the chances of capture would be be slim fir all of us. Besides, as for leaving these captives here, I don't see any problem. This area is well sealed. It would be hours before any of the powerful protective spells we have cast could wear off. We don't need very long to rescue the captives and leave. I am very optimistic. I say we should strike now. I mean right now. This very minute."

Alexandra objected " No. We would get captured and we would become their most prized possessions. It would be madness to attack. I am not convinced."

Aretha looked at Athena as thought asking for permission to speak before her. Athena nodded her head. Aretha stood up and took a deep breath. " I may sound too negative but this is how I see this. Whether we fail or not, it makes no difference. Whether Dante gets inside information or not, well it makes no difference. Dante has a prophecy written about him. The prophecy states nothing about anyone stopping him. Our mission is simple really. We can delay him. That's about it. So I say we attack and rescue as many as we can and try to send them to Alaska and then hopefully Valera. Dante is not one we can defeat and i am pretty sure the plan was never for us to run away from him. Either way we can't escape his clutches for long. It's only a matter of time. We are delaying the inevitable but whilst we do that we must keep saving those who would be condemned to a painful life under Dante's rule without our intereference."

Athena was the last one to stand "I agree with Aretha. I wonder if you have guessed where I was whilst you were fighting at the front line. Well Dante summoned me and locked me up in his chambers. I couldn't get out. It was sealed. He talked to me and then he let me go. It is all a game to him. He likes being challenged and we are now his entertainment. We have to rescue those captives. The worst he would do to our coven is referral to the conversion process upon capture. That is a small price to pay if we get to rescue some innocents along the way. So I propose that we send word to Alaska about the exact location of these innocents that we have saved in here and give them counter spells to come to their rescue in the event of our capture and lack of further communication from us. Then we would make our way to Dante's base. But we wont involve any Alaskans in this. I think we should attack as a coven of eight. We can't call back up. We can't endanger others. We are rescuers. They won't hurt us too badly if we fail because we are not fighters. We are healers. So I want you to stand up now if you wish not to attack Dante with such dreadful possibilities if we fail."

Athena looked around the room. All members looked determined and convinced. No one moved. But Athena was certain that her fellow coven members were concerned about the outcome of this planned attack. She was surely worried too. But she had to put on a brave front and hope that their risky mission would pay off and not end in disaster. She was sure that deep down, all her coven members felt the same way. The plan was risky but it was worth it.

Athena smiled "Very well. So lets get comfortable. We are here for the next few hours. We are going to plan this attack on the Ronas base and then carry it out. We would give Dante the toughest fight he has ever faced from a healer coven. That's a promise."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro