Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

After a few arguments, and a few nights of Ragnar sleeping on his own Thkatla finally agreed to move into the Earls's offerings. The children loved it and were running around their new home exploring every corner. "See it's not too bad is it?" Ragnar asked as he unpacked the last of his weapons.

"I suppose you're right," she said as she put another log on the fire. That evening they relaxed in the warmth and comfort of their new lodgings. There was a knock on the door and Thkatla answered it dressed in her finery. It was the Jarl.

"How are you liking your new arrangements?" He asked. "You look very comfortable."

"We are," Thkatla said.

"We can't thank you enough," Ragnar said. 

"No need," he smiled. "It's the least I could do. Now I'll go and leave you be." Ragnar walked out and returned to me at the fire. He wrapped his arm around her and pulled her into his chest.

"For someone who hated this kind of life you are fitting in rather well," Ragnar said.

"I had forgotten how luxurious wealth was," she said her eyes not meeting Ragnars. As the full moon shone high in the sky, Thkatla tucked the young warriors into bed. The night now belonged to her and Ragnar.

"Are they asleep?" He asked.

"Yes," she replied and kissed his cheek tenderly.

"I will have to hunt tomorrow," Ragnar said.

"That's not your job anymore," she reminded him.

"I know, but my son must learn," he said.

"I know, but let them sleep tomorrow," she said.

"Fine, but one day and one day only," Ragnar agreed.

"Good," Thkatla giggled. Ragnar placed some new logs onto the fire and pulled the animal skin around her shoulders a little more. 

"I would have thought it would have been warmer in a longhouse like this," he said. 

"It's still made of timber,"  she reminded him.

"You make an excellent point, but you add to the warmth," Ragnar said and pecked her cheek.

"Cheeky," Thakatla yawned.

"Someone sleepy?" he teased.

"No," she said and squeezed his arm. "Just feel rested."

"That's what I like to hear," Ragnar said. As the wind howled and a draft danced its way through their home Ragnar and Thkatla decided it was time to retire. They now shared, a big comfortable, warm double bed. In the morning the cockerel called loudly and Thkatla was up first. She slowly and gently moved off the bed, wrapped her animal skin around her shoulders picked up her folded clothes and headed down to the lake. The village was quiet as everyone else was still asleep, she could bathe in peace and privacy for once. She disrobed and walked in wiggling her toes into the soft sand. She walked into the lake till her shoulders were covered, she ran her hands through her hair cleansing it from the neglect of the last few days, she swam around rubbing the water over her skin. She thought to herself how lucky she was to escape Rollos grip, and how grateful she was to Ragnar. She owed him her life.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro