23. Dream On

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Once again, Grin found himself dreaming. He was beginning to hate this.

His mind had brought him back to the location of his last dream. The storm was raging through the barren plains just as fiercely as it had that night. Wind tugged at Grim's cloak, dragging him forward.

His temper flared at the figure he saw in the distance.

"Eris," Grim shouted, stomping the muddy ground, "Freaking look at me!"

Her form flickered. She vanished, only to appear inches away from Grim's face.

"So we meet again, Grimslay," Eris murmured. Her wild eyes sparkled with power and darted back and forth, making it hard for Grim to keep eye contact. Locks of shiny black hair flapped in the wind, messily splayed across her face. Her lips rose in a proud smirk. It was familiar.

Too familiar.

"Cut the crap, Eris. This isn't really just a dream, is it? You're actually talking to me, right?" Grim took a cautious step backwards.

Eris placed her arms behind her back and smiled. Grim took her silence as a confirmation.

"You look stressed, Grimslay," Eris said softly, "I suppose it is because of what happened with that boy, ah, what do you call him...Moony?" She turned her head, gazing over her shoulder at the rolling storm clouds. "One could say that was very...chaotic."

Grim's shoulders slumped. "Was this all you?" he screamed, voice wavering, "Did you make us fight?!"

Eris twisted a lock of hair between her fingers, snickering. Grim couldn't peel himself off her eyes. They were crazed, mischievous. His stomach was in knots. Why did they look so familiar?

"How do you even know my name?" Grim rasped, clenching his fist.

Eris moved closer, touching Grim on the arm. Her air of power made him shudder. His heart threatened to break free from his chest as she pushed his hair away from his face.

"A mother never forgets, Grimslay."

authors note- i edited a little of chapter 9. just one word in the beginning. i realized i had made a minor timeline error/i just plain didnt like that part (millions changed to thousands)

also, someone had made a joke like 10 chapters ago about this very thing happening so, no, that did not inspire this at all. it was all planned when i started writing.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro