23. More into their lives

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Aratrika's pov 

I went inside Smita's room where they were chatting with each other. As soon as they saw me ,they stopped talking and kept looking at me.

As I looked at them ,I realised that I have seen them before.

These five people are from the guitar class where Smita also goes to. They are her "guitar buddies" as Smita says .

I looked down and silently went towards the table to keep the tray. I hated feeling their stare and their attention on me.

Soon I came out of the room and started to walk towards the stairs when someone called my name ,making me stop in my place. 

I turned around to see a guy who was one of Smita's friends. 

"Yes, Do you need something?" I asked him politely. But instead of replying he kept looking at me in a weird manner. I looked down feeling uneasy.

I have noticed that everytime he comes here, he keeps looking at me like this. This is the first time he has tried to talk to me. 

" Hi, I am Santanu." He said, forwarding his hand towards me for a handshake. 

I avoided his hands and said, "Aratrika. " 

I was about to leave when suddenly he caught my wrist ,making me nervous. His eyes had something which was making me feel very uncomfortable and afraid. 

I started to shake in fear. Suddenly my mind started to remind me of something from which I was running away from for years.

"No no...don't go there...you won't ,Aru." My heart reminded me.

"Why are you running? Let me know you properly. " He said to me and tried to pull me towards him.

I took a deep breath to calm down and pulled my wrist out his hand with difficulty as he was holding it quite tightly.

Without saying anything, I ran from there towards the kitchen.

As soon as I reached there, I drank some water to calm myself down. The tears which I tried to stop started to pour from my eyes. I covered my face with my hands and started to sob my heart out.

I hate myself for being so weak. 
I hate myself for not taking a stand for myself. 
I hate that feeling of helplessness. 

Smita's pov 

As soon as Aratrika entered my room, I noticed everyone started to look at her. 

I rolled my eyes seeing her acting as a shy girl. She was always like this … acting like a shy girl and very traditional girl just to attract the eyes especially of the men towards her…..such an attention seeker.

As soon as she left, Santanu followed her .

He is also learning guitar with us. He and Nisha are older than us.He is 5 years senior than us and Nisha is 3 years older but still we are good friends. 

"This guy is so desperate. " one of my friends, Nisha said.

" I don't know what he sees in her...I mean come on, he can do better than this." I said, rolling my eyes. 

" Oh come on, Don't say this. You know he likes challenges. As your sister wasn't giving any attention towards him ,he took it as a challenge..simple. Moreover, we can't deny the fact that your sister is very beautiful and hot." Gautam,  my friend said with a smirk.

I shook my head.

Men will be men.

After some time, Santanu came inside the room.

"Here comes our hero, how did it go?" Gautam asked him with a teasing smirk.

"Well, she ran away as soon as I caught her hand." Santanu said with a laugh. 

"Santanu , don't do anything like this. You shouldn't touch her without her consent." I warned him. Whatever it was, it's not right to misbehave with a girl. 

I am not saying this because she is a sister, I am saying this because she is a girl.

"Woah!! Suddenly you are being so concerned about her...otherwise it's you who always badmouthes about her." Nisha said to me.

"That I do because she deserves it. But that doesn't mean that I will support Santanu if he misbehaves with her. " I said to her sternly. 

"Hey hey, relax. I don't intend to do anything like that. It's just that I lost my control when I saw her today." Santanu said to me.

I narrowed my eyes and said, "Then learn to control yourself. " 

After three days 

Saptarshi's Pov 

"Aare eto tarahuro kore khachchis Keno? Aste Aste kha. Noise Gola te aatke jabe toh. (Aare, why are you eating in a hurry? Eat slowly. Otherwise you get  choked.)" Maa scolded me for eating fast.
I slowed down a bit. 

Today I was supposed to leave by 8 am. But it's already 8 am and here I am having my breakfast. 
I decided to eat a small amount of food. But Maa didn't left me. She fed me everything which she made for breakfast. Once again I started to eat fast only to get scolded by Maa again.
Within 10 minutes I was done.

"Pimoni , tumi ki ekhon berobe? Cholo tomake chere di. (Pimoni, are you going to leave now? Let's go, I will drop you.)" I said as I got up.

"Tui chole Jah...Ami chole Jabo. (You go. I will go by myself. )" Pimoni said .

I told her to come with me but she was adamant. She said that I was already late so I should leave.

"But how will I leave you alone?" I asked her with a scowl.

Pimoni laughed and said, "Am I a five years old school girl? I will manage ,you go." And she slapped the back of my head.

Baba laughed . Maa just looked at us with an uninterested gaze.

She won't change. 

I smiled at Pimoni and left after biding them bye.

"Did you get the reports?" I asked the inspector who was working with me in this case.

"Yes Sir, I got it.  The autopsy report says that he died due to excessive blood loss." He replied and handed me the report.

I was going through the report when Das said me, "Sir, I think he committed suicide ." 

I shook my head and said ,"No Das, because the cut on his wrist is anything but an indication to suicide. I am damn sure it's a clean murder case." 

Then I instructed my team to start the interrogation session with the neighbours and the list of suspects we got. The Victim was a businessman, maybe it was something related to business. 

They left and I concentrated on joining the missing links.

Suddenly my phone rang and I rolled my eyes seeing the caller id.

I hate it when someone disturbs me during my work.

"If it's anything important, say. Otherwise I will come to beat you, Akash." I replied in an annoyed tone, receiving the call.

" But I don't think you will do anything after what I am going to tell you." Hearing his smug tone, I narrowed my eyes.

"And What's it?" I asked. 

"Tomorrow me and Priyansh are going to Kanika's house for finalizing the reception card. So...will you come with us?" He asked.

Immediately a smile crept on my lips.

"You know the answer ,bro." I said to him as I rested my back on my chair. The smile grew wider as Aratrika's face flashed in front of my eyes.

" Told you." 

That idiot was smirking.

Author's pov 

"Okay Class, tomorrow we will solve the problems. But complete the equations which I gave to you all. See you in the next class." Sanonda said as she collected her belongings. 

After finishing the class, she left the class and walked towards the staff room.

Sanonda Chowdhury is a respected Mathematics professor who is working in The Bhawanipur Education Society College. She is loved by her students due to her soft spoken and approachable nature but at the same time ,her students are kind of afraid of her when it comes to studies and exams. She becomes very strict if someone isn't concentrated in her class and studies. Maybe she doesn't shout at them in order to scold them but her one stern voice is enough for her students to know that not to mess with her when it comes to studies and exams.

On the other hand ,her colleagues are also fond of her but not everyone. Some of them are jealous and kind of mean to her due to her reserved personality and good reputation. But she has never cared for those who criticised her. 
Her only motive behind coming to the college is to teach the students and she is damn good at that.

As she walked inside the staff room, she was greeted by her fellow professors. She greeted them back with a smile. She sat on her desk and brought out her book to finish it. Looking at the time, she realised that she has 40 minutes in her hand before her next and last class.

She was so engrossed in her book that she didn't realise that someone had occupied the seat which was in front of her.

"Hello, M.P." 

Hearing the greeting, she knows very well who it can be. Only one person in the whole college calls her by this name.

She looked up and smiled at the person who was sitting in front of her. 

Merry Christmas to you All 🤗❤

How's the chapter?

Let me know.

Next update on Monday. (At night)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro