17 ◉A Past Relationship

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Haider angrily unbuttoned his coat as he sat inside the car. He took out his phone and dialed a number. While tapping his feet impatiently, he waited for the person on the other side to pick up the call.

'Hello, Simon. Dude, I thought you were the best detective here, but you still haven't been able to confirm to me about Miss. Alina's relationship?' He spat angrily, then paused listening to Simon and sighed running his fingers through his wavy hair, - 'Simon, I am sorry. I just—I am desperate here, my friend. Listen,' -he paused for a moment, - 'I will pay you, anything you ask for just find more about her especially her relationship status.' He said seriously. Then, he heard him and disconnected the call. He exhaled deeply, letting down the windowpane and glanced out.

'Don't mind Amaal. She is a bit crazy.' Mikael apologized. Alina chuckled and waved him off.

'She is cute.' She commented and he smiled to himself. As they walked towards their cabin, Mikael stopped and reached out to hold on her hand but quickly moved back; red-faced and reluctant. Alina held the door handle and turned to him. He looked like he was self-contemplating something.

'What happened?' She frowned. Mikael looked like he was caught, instantly he shook his head and looked away. Alina was doubtful that he wanted to tell something but doesn't push him as she wanted to give him space.

If it is important then he will tell by himself- She thought. She kept the door open for him, he smiled gratefully at her and walked in. Alina acknowledged his gesture. Together they walked towards their cubicle. Mikael watched her sit down, then, sigh and tug her hair behind her ears. She looked up at him and he flashed an awkward smile, red hues clearly visible on his pale cheeks. He lowered his head and walked away. Alina moved her gaze to her computer screen and just then, she felt a sharp nudge on her waist.

'Ow!' She winced and glared at Meera. Her friend grinned, raised her eyebrows, pointed at Mikael, and winked at her. Alina's jaw dropped and she shook her head, - 'no ways, he is just a friend.' She looked away, blushing. After that, she tried to focus on her work while avoiding Meera's naughty gaze on her.

Alina checked the time on her wristwatch the office time was about to end. She held the armrest and rose a little, debating if she should talk to Mikael. She watched him focused on the screen and bit her lip lowering back into her seat. She tapped on the desk, deciding on what to do, just then Banerjee came and informed everyone to be ready with their design as the boss is coming to inspect them. Alina and Meera passed a nervous glance.

'He will let you pass as he has hoots for you, but me. I am doomed.' Meera whined and Alina rolled her eyes.

'You wish.' She commented adjusting her cat-eyeglasses, then began struggling with the sheets.

Twenty minutes later, Haider walked in. Everyone stopped doing everything and stood up. Alina admired the authority he commanded by his mere presence. He wore a crisp grey suit with sky blue shirt, from under a grey blazer, and plaid tie. His posture was straight and confident. Inside the intern's cabin, there were two cubicles in one row. Like that there were five rows. Her cubicle was in the second row, so she and Meera both waited anxiously for their turn. Alina adjusted her glasses and tried to fix her design. Every intern had a different project. Her project was to design a resort for billionaire Harshad Majumdar. She bent over her computer screen and moved the mouse completely focused on her design. She was distracted by the manly cologne and felt the presence of a man just a few centimeters away from her. She stiffened.

Haider cleared his throat and Alina straightened in her place. Quickly, she moved her hand away from the mouse and blinked at him.

'So, Miss. Alina, what is the progress in your design?' He queried. She composed herself and began to explain her design. Haider listened to her carefully and asked her to show the design. She nodded, trying to be confident, and bent running the cursor over her design and talked in detail.

'This here has the wrong latitude.' Haider interrupted her and she looked up but before she could move away, he leaned and held her hand over the mouse. Alina inhaled inaudibly and went numb. Haider brought the cursor to the point he was pointing at. Then, he retracted his hand. Alina felt tingling sensation over her skin that he had touched. He pointed with his finger over the flaws in her design and looked disappointed.

He straightened and shoved his hands into his pocket, - 'Miss. Alina, I think I had expected a lot from you. You have disappointed me.' He complained and Alina felt her heart drop, and tears pricked her eyes as she lowered her head. Haider sighed turning away from her, - 'Come in the cabin in fifteen minutes.' He whispered before he walked away.

▪⎯⎯⎯∞⎯⎯⎯▪

A white Mercedes Benz stopped at the gate of Infinite Designs and a woman stepped down. She adjusted the sling of her black Gucci bag over her arm and walked inside. The guards greeted her and let her go. She flipped her shoulder-length bob cut hair and confidently walked into the building, her white stiletto clicking on the marble floors.

Haider leaned against his chair, a smile plastered on his face whilst imagining Alina in his cabin, and together they were discussing work. He looked at his palm and flexed it gently, his lips curved into a wider grin. There weren't many flaws in her design, he just wanted an excuse to be with her; close to her. He heard the doorknob click and he straightened in his seat, adjusting his tie and tugged his coat. The door opened and his smile dropped.

'Roma!' He commented.

Roma removed her oversized aviator sunglasses and smiled widely at him. Softly, she closed the door behind her.

'What happened, darling?' – she spoke tugging her sunglasses into her bag and looked up, - 'your expressions saddened upon seeing me.' She walked seductively at him and placed her arms on his shoulder, Haider kept a neutral face. Roma smiled admiring him from close while he avoided looking at her. She moved her hand and fixed his hair near the ear.

'Baby, what is wrong with you. Where is the wild passion in you that was whenever we were,'- she sighed, - 'close together.'

Haider looked at her and scoffed moving her arms away, - 'It's over since you got married, Mrs. Roma Subberwal.' He confessed. Roma chuckled, she stuck out her left hand and wiggled her ring finger. A platinum wedding ring glistened on her ring finger.

'Also,'- Haider let out a breath, - 'you are forgetting we have glass windows in my cabin.' He pointed around.

Roma smiled walked towardsone of the windows and pulled a string letting down the binds. Then, shecasually walked to the other window.

Begone, Roma!!!!!

I wonder what Roma has come to do. Oh God, Alina is coming to meet Haider *gasp* How will she react upon seeing them *gasp louder*

Precap:

Haider smiled, - 'Do you like me. Miss. Alina?' He asked in a serious tone, his voice low.

She nodded keeping their gaze locked, - 'of course, I like you.'

'Just like?' He took another step and she moved back.

Alina licked her lips, looked here and there, then looked back at him, - 'I—respect you and—' she pressed her lips tugging her hair behind her ear.

Haider sighed, - 'There issomething I have been wanting to tell you.'- He stopped at a respectabledistance from her, 

How was the chapter, guys and the precap *smirks*. Drop your thoughts in the comments, please and Stay tuned for the next update *kisses and hugs* *lots of love*. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro