35◉ Content

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Fun fact: This story is also inspired by Rant reviews of Fifty Shades series *lolwa*

Alina gently placed her palm over his chest, and he winced. Quickly, she retracted her hand.

'Haider—you love me, right? Then why don't you trust me and share every part of your life?' She asked innocently. Haider hesitated. She took his hand in hers and blinked slowly at him.

Haider exhaled deeply and shifted. Alina helped him sit. With shaky fingers, he unbuttoned his shirt and pushed it aside. Alina's eyes widened upon seeing bruise marks over his bare chest. Slowly, he shrugged his shirt off with her help. She placed her palm over her mouth as she eyed some more marks on his arms.

'Oh my God! Haider who did this to you?' She asked. Haider shivered and she quickly helped him wear his shirt again and made him lay down.

He sighed placing his hand over his forehead, - 'It is enough for the day.' He said firmly and Alina knew that was it. There was silence, she looked at him. He kept his eyes closed. She hesitated,

- 'Haider, Dr. Ashna said you need to be—I have ointment for your bruises.' She said.

'I don't need them, Miss. Alina. Now, I am tired and need to sleep. Good night.'

Alina nodded her head. She glanced at him, then tied her hair in a loose braid and laid facing the other side.

In the middle of the night, Alina felt Haider shake violently beside her. He kept muttering something under his breath. She had instant goosebumps.

'Don't do this—Ammi! Ammi! Anyone—open—the door—Ammi, Ammi!' He yelled in his sleep and then whimpered letting out a sob. Alina has had enough, she sat up straight on the bed and looked at him. Haider was shaking, his eyes closed, his arms and legs stiff and sweat glistened all over his face, trickling down his throat and into his chest.

'Haider, Haider.' Alina held his shoulder and shook him. Haider's eyes snapped open and she gasped pulling her hand away. He looked at her, dazed and alarmed. She was taken aback seeing tears in his eyes and dried tear strain on the corner of his eyes.

'Wha—What—' Haider propped up on his palms and raised from the bed. Alina hugged him, wrapping her arms around his neck.

'Relax, Haider.'

Her concern overwhelmed him. No one, no one was ever with him when he was abused nor when he had night terrors. Now, being in her arms comforted him. He held her hands and sobbed silently. The first time, there was no control over his tears and no fear of being judged. Alina was super-shocked to see this side of him. She caressed his back trying to comfort him.

'I am not mad, Alina. I am not crazy.' He cried in her arms. Alina had tears in her eyes as well. She clenched him tighter and shook her head.

'You are not mad, Haider.' She consoled him. He held her stiffer and kept his mouth pressed against her shoulder. Alina suggested she gets water for him, but he held her hand. She winced as he grasped her wrist very tightly numbing her fingers.

'Don't leave me, please.'

'I am not leaving you, Haider. Relax.' She assured him. Still, Haider was adamant, and she gave up. Alina made him lay down again, still holding onto him. Haider cowered in their embrace. She caressed his forehead and kept gently stroking his hair until he fell asleep.

Alina shifted pulling him closer to her. She kept looking at him, wondering what was more to him and if she could handle all this. Her mind was restless until sleep overtook her.

▪⎯⎯⎯∞⎯⎯⎯▪

Haider woke up the next morning, still feeling the hang-over of last night. Yet, he hadn't slept so peacefully since his father was alive. Surprised, he sat up on the bed.

'Good morning.' A feminine voice greeted him from the door. Swiftly, he turned his head.

Alina walked in with a bright smile and a cup on the tray. Haider noticed she had changed into grey Tee, full-sleeved white blazer and black skinny denim. She placed the tray on the bedside table and forwarded him a cup of black tea.

'I have made it for you.' She revealed. Haider smiled and took a sip. He complimented her and enquired if she was going to work. His smile dropped upon getting an affirmative answer.

'Don't.' He said simply and with a straight face. Alina blinked at him, tilting her face slightly. Then, he forced a smile and held her hand.

'Because I want you to spend time with me.' He said softly and lovingly. Alina relaxed her shoulders and took a deep breath. Reluctantly, she smiled. Though she didn't want to miss her office, she decided Haider needed her more. Haider on the other hand was happy she decided to be with him.

He asked for Alina's phone. He called Banerjee first and gave him instructions. Then, he called AK and ordered him to get all this stuffs as he was going to shift here. Alina was taken aback, yet again. She felt slightly offended because he didn't consult her. They were a couple, shouldn't they discuss with each other before making life-changing decisions for both. But she pushed those thoughts away. After he disconnected the call, Alina got up and asked if she should ready breakfast for him. He nodded and held her hand.

Alina smiled as he kissed her knuckles and muttered a "thanks." She pulled her hand from his grip and asked him to freshen up.

In the shower, Haider caressed his bruises rethinking of last night. With Alina by his side, he felt confident and made a firm decision. After freshening up, he felt re-energized and was relieved getting out of the hideous shirt they had made him wear. He dressed in the same clothes he was dressed in last night. As he came out of the bathroom, Alina came into the room. After she informed him about breakfast, she turned to leave but Haider called her, and she stopped in her tracks.

Haider walked up to her and held her shoulders, - 'Thanks, Miss. Alina. I hope you don't mind me shifting here?' He asked. Alina mentally scoffed but simply shook her head. He held her face and she stilled, - 'I am so lucky to have you in my life.' He admired her caressing her face gently.

'I love you so much, Miss. Alina.' He planted a kiss on her forehead, and she smiled a little in response. He held her hand and together they walked out of the room.

'Today, Miss. Alina. My entire day is yours.' He confessed. Alina was confused as to why she wasn't fully content or excited to spend the entire day with him. Then, again she let the thought pass and kept staring at the front while Haider had his eyes for her.

In fact, from today onwards all my days are for you. Only for you,Miss. Alina – He thought, inwardlysmiling

▪⎯⎯⎯∞⎯⎯⎯▪

After breakfast, they had to wait for an hour then AK arrived with movers and packers. Alina watched cluelessly as they got Haider's wardrobe, pool table, canvas, study table, piano.

'Technically, that entire house and all its furniture are mine.' – Haider boasted, he looked at Alina, - 'I renovated the entire place, else it was a ruined ancestral house.' She simply nodded in response. But she was impressed with his work, that villa was now a masterpiece. No one could tell it was ruins before. She had seen his works in papers and on the internet but seeing it with her own eyes was her good fortune.

Haider was glad his wardrobe had arrived. He didn't waste time. As he unbuttoned his shirt, he winced peeling it off his body. He checked his bruise and an idea struck him.

'Haider, Dr. Ashna said you need to be—I have ointment for your bruises.'

Alina was in the activity room over-looking the arrangements of the piano, pool table, and the canvas. She heard Haider call him and she hurried to the room. She felt a tingling feeling in the chest, fearing that he could have gotten into something serious again. She walked into the room and gasped upon seeing a shirtless Haider standing at the dressing table. He looked at her reflection and turned around. He liked the crimson hue that adorned her cheeks.

Alina held her breath as he walked towards her and stood a safe distance from her, - 'Dr. Ashna had given an ointment, right?' – Alina nodded, - 'Could you apply that for me?' He asked politely. She gulped softly and nodded.

Haider suppressed his smile watching her fumble with the medicines that were inside the first drawer of the bedside table. She picked out an ointment, checked the prescription, and muttered something to herself. Then, she walked up to him and asked him to lay down. Haider nodded and sat on the bed.

'Please shut the door, Miss. Alina.' He requested.

'Huh!' Alina was taken aback but composed herself and nodded. She hesitated and gently closed the door.

Ok, aage?

Alina is really caring for Haider. Is it the start of her developing feelings for him. Is Haider going to take advantage of his abuse to woo her by gaining her sympathy? Is that right? But he was genuinely emotional because of her concern. 

Oh ho, I am curious to find out *winks* 

Drop your thoughts on the Chapter *loves and smiles* and Stay Tuned for the next update *hugs and kisses* *lots of love*

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro