40◉ Intruder & Assasins

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Alina returned home in the evening; she had spent time with Mikael and felt lighter being with someone sensible, mature, and not someone who intimidates her. She unlocked the door and was surprised to see the entire villa in darkness.

'Farhana!' She called putting her keys into her handbag. She dropped the handbag on the sofa and reached out for the light switch.

Bright lights illuminated the entire living room. She blinked her eyes and turned around. A loud gasp escaped her as she saw a stranger man sitting on the main sofa and two henchmen standing behind, on either side of him.

'Who are you?' Alina enquired after she composed herself. The man raised his eyebrow, his fingertips pressed together with his elbow resting on the armrest. He doesn't reply but kept looking darkly at her.

Alina frowned, - 'And what are you doing in my house? Where is Farhana?'- she looked around, - 'And Haider?'

The man scoffed. He stood up and pulled his grey blazer closer. His bodyguards flexed their muscles behind him. Alina gulped inwardly. She could feel her heartbeat pounding in her ears, but she tried her best to not look fearful. The men were very menacing.

'So, Haider got engaged to you and—' He reached out to touch her face, but she took a step back, out of his reach. The man eyed her. 'You don't know anything about your fiancé, do you? I am—' He forwarded his hand, - 'I am Jahangir Zaidi. Haider's father.' He introduced himself. Alina was taken by surprise. Hesitantly, she took his hand and they shook hands briefly. She retracted her hand, but Jahangir pulled her closer. She squeaked as she stared, fearfully, into his powerful, confident, and dangerous dark eyes.

'I am seeing you are healing, Haider. Just one advise, my dear.' – He leaned closer bringing his lips to her ear, Alina stiffened trying to free her hand, - 'Don't' – he whispered. His dangerously low baritone sent chills down her spine. She looked at him, their faces inches away. After a brief stare, Jahangir pushed her, and she fell on the floor.

Mikael parked his scooter in front of the PG building. As he dug his hand into his trouser pocket, he frowned feeling something different. He pulled out a black cat eyeglass. Looking at it, he recollected Alina had left them on the table in the cafeteria. He had picked it up with an intent to return it to her. He glanced at the time; it wasn't late. A decent time to visit her. Just as he sat on his scooter, he noticed few men at the gate talking with the security. Mikael squinted his eyes and realized that those men had guns.

Guns!

Suddenly, memories of that fateful night crossed his mind and he felt his heart begin to palpitate. He placed his helmet against the handle and tiptoed towards the gate, all the while his gaze was on the men. As he approached them, he could hear them speak.

'Are you sure you don't have anyone by the name Mikael in your locality?' One of the gunmen enquired again. Mikael was stunned that gunmen were looking for him. Luckily, the watchman was new and so he cluelessly nodded to them. Then, the watchman walked away, and the men glanced at each other.

'But Haider sir had given this address.' – A tall man in the Pathani suit spoke to the others. Judging by his tone, he must be the head. He looked at the other men and asked, - 'Are you sure his name was Mikael and not Michael? It is a very unusual name.'

'No, it is not sir.' – One shorter guy in the gang interrupted, - 'It is the name of an angel. You don't know?'

The head guy looked double annoyed, - 'Shut up, Munna.' He slapped his head. The man winced in response.

Mikael straightened, cleared his throat, and began to walk confidently. As he passed by the men, the head gunmen stopped him. He kept a straight face making sure his gaze doesn't dart to the guns these men hid, not so very well.

'Do you live here?' He pointed at the building.

Mikael gulped softly and nodded thoughtfully, - 'Yes.'

'What is your name?'

'Raghu Singh.' He replied boldly with his gaze looking straight into the man's eyes.

'Oh, do you know anyone by the name Mikael. He is a Kashmiri. Does he stay here?'

Mikael shrugged, - 'No, sir. I think you have come to the wrong address.' He said bravely. It was confirmed that Haider didn't directly ask these loonies to kill him because it was impossible that he wouldn't have given them a photo. He got conscious when those men began to eye him. Fearing his appearance might give him away, he excused himself and walked away. He doesn't turn around as he got an auto and asked the driver to urgently drive. On the way, he called Meera to get Alina's new address.

Jahangir towered over Alina, she looked up and found her breath hitched in the throat. Many questions blurred her thoughts, - Where were Haider and Farhana? How did these men get into the house?

She winced as he pinched her face with his fingers, he roughly made her look to the right and then to the left.

'Haider's taste in women has always been excellent. You aren't rich and famous, but you are beautiful. But unlike other women in his life, you are changing him. He never had the courage to run off like this from home. He is for me a hen that lays golden eggs, and I won't let anyone take him away from me.' He said threateningly. Alina gulped. She could feel sweat beads on her forehead and cold sweat trickle down her temple.

Jahangir sighed and straightened. He moved his hand back and pulled out a gun. Alina's heart skipped a beat as he pointed it at her. He pressed it against her forehead, and she felt giddy, darkness blurring her vision.

'Miss. Alina Hooda, walk out of Haider's life, or else you will be walking out of your life.' Then, he pulled the trigger. Alina screamed closing her eyes shut. Then there was loud thundering cold laughter ringing through the large halls. Slowly, she opened her eyes and stared terrified at the man laughing arrogantly. She kept taking deep breathes feeling her lungs tightening and her heart pounding fiercely. She feared she might die of a heart attack.

Alina gasped as he held her arm and made her stand, her legs turned numb and she found it difficult to stand still. Jahangir glared at her, as though reminding her of what he had just said. Roughly, he jerked her hand free and took a step back. Alina shook with fear not looking at the men. She closed her eyes massaging her elbow as she heard the footsteps marching away. The main door shut with a loud thud and she shuddered falling to the ground.

Alina grabbed her forehead, tears continued to flow down her cheeks. She let out a cry, wrapped her arms around herself and rocked on spot.

How did she land here? Not only Haider but his father was a psycho too and even more terrifying. Looks can be deceiving but she didn't expect it to this dangerous. 

Okay, guys! How was the Chapter? Jahangir is hauntingly menacing but those goons were *silently laughs when I should be scared* 

I am worried for Haider, now *bites fingernails*

Drop your thoughts and guesses as to what will happen next in the comments, please *smiles* and Stay Tuned for the next update *lots of love* *hugs and kisses*

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro