2 - Rumors

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"After your done with that come help me with the kitchen...oh! and clean the sink while I'm out, can you?"My mother requested, while she herself was busy getting ready to go out again. Tears threatened to spill. It was late, my back was hurting, plus I didnt do any of my homework yet. my mother gave me a wet peck on the cheek before leaving.

The second the door closed, I wiped off my cheek in disgust. This can be done later, I thought putting away the books in my hands before sitting into my chair. My tired body nearly melted into the comfortable chair. This is just what I craved.

I dove into the pile of papers on my desk. Time flew by, my stomach rumbled at me to take a break but I refused. By the time I completed my homework it was nearly midnight. I finished the endless chores and got ready for bed. My phone buzzed. It was a message from B0rnRe4dy.

I debated several seconds before finally opening the text:

B0rnRe4dy: Lmao. Good one

B0rnRe4dy: Have u ever been in love?

_Qu1nnWries_: Not really. Had a few crushes

B0rnRe4dy: no relationship?

_Qu1nnWrites_: Not in the right place sadly

_Qu1nnWrites_: "It is a good divine that follows his own instructions" -Portia (Merchiant of Venice)

B0rnRe4dy: whoa, u read classics?

_QuinnWrites_: u could say that

B0rnRe4dy: what do u think of the Odyssey and The Epic of Gilgamesh?

_Qu1nnnWrites_: can we fan tmrw? Barely awake

I was awoken to the sound of my alarm. Everything felt sore. Before I could go anywhere a small stack of potatoes jumped on me, purring in my ear. I smiled, "Hey kitty" my cat purred louder as I gave him scratches under his chin. I giggled when the cat crawled over to me and curled up under my pillow.

I snuggled with my cat for 5 seconds before actually getting up. It was very quiet and dim downstairs. Am I seriously the only one awake? I wondered. "Well besides you of course" I said quietly, watching my cat weave between my legs.

I fed the cat before myself and then brushed back my hair into a high ponytail. Satisfied, I made sure I had everything I needed in my bag. Amazing, b9tch forgets her keys, I thought in annoyance. There.

"Meow!"

"Yeah, I should do that too," I agreed, going to the bathroom to brush my teeth. "How do they look?" I asked, showing kitty my teeth. My cat just rubbed against my leg.

I pulled on my sweater and jacket. "Bye kitty," I said quietly, petting my cat. I took my bag and left.

The Professor wasn't present when I arrived to class.

I didn't have much time to sulk before a sub walked in with worksheets. She thanked Professor G.K for showing her the room before addressing us in a thick Spanish accent, "okay everyone, Dr Mazie is not here today so he asked me to make sure everyone signs in then goes to Google Classroom to view assignment." Damn, maybe I shouldn't have came and studied for maths instead, I thought, waiting for the sign in sheet. I could always think of a essay topic later.

"Class, I just remembered. If your stuck, look at these examples of essays written by other people. Professor G.K wants you to take example from it, it's A+ worthy," the sub added. I thanked the person to my left for passing the sign in.

I glanced at the two example essays in front of me. Some of which covered material discussed in ninth grade. Don't tell me G.K helped with this too...

What's this? I curiously picked up a paper titled "Historical mistranslations of Present Day Iraq."Nice someone wrote on the Epic of Gilgamesh. I wonder what their thoughts are on the themes and Enkidu's relationship with her. I couldn't shake the feeling I saw this paper before. But where? Huh the author's name blotched out. Maybe to keep it anonymous. I'll ask the librarian about it. Before I was even done reading, class was over. I took the essay with me to finish and possibly hunt down my history rival. I, Quinn, excell in English. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro