Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Two souls don't find each other by simple accident!

Jahan

" Bhai, how did you get this fracture?" The voice was growing in octaves as the words spilled in the air. Making me avert my eyes to the rear mirror as the man flashed his eyes to me for a brief second.

" Got in an accident."

Precise and truth.

That's what I answered as I looked down at the white plaster on my left elbow and rubbed the rough surface with the pad of my thumb. The man hummed loudly and I noticed his eyes again on me.

" When did you get in the accident?" He asked again curiously and I mentally groaned.

" Three weeks before." Again, the same trick.

The patters of rain slapped against the roads heavily. And the clouds roared from above. Causing a spell of coldness in the air. The sound of the rickshaw's engine was nothing compared to the heavy rain. That had caused the roads to be vacant as everyone found shade from the rain. Saving away themselves in cozy places. The towering mountains from around us looked sullen as more clouds roared and the patters only increased.

The rickshaw driver from the front seat, slowed down and turned to look out at the roads making me follow his gaze. The water streaming down the roads like the crazy running river not very far from the roads.

" I am supposing, you are going to the hospital to get this cast off?" He asked loudly and I nodded.

If only my car had not broken down in this wild rain, and I wouldn't have to leave it in the middle of the street and hail this rickshaw. God! This man was really interested in my broken elbow.

We took a slow turn and I inhaled a cold breath in. The air whizzing through my nostrils and warming up as it reached my lungs and filled them up making me exhale out. The process so satisfying with the nature growing wild around. The main road was devoid of any cars and I frowned.

What? Will everyone stay at home and enjoy rain!

The phat phat of the rickshaw grew more as we travelled further. My phone dinged in my pocket and I pulled it out carefully. Looking at the black screen indicating that it went dead.

Damn.

Relief washed over me when I looked at the familiar roads. Hospital wasn't far from here now.

" Oh oh!"

I frowned as the rickshaw driver slowed down and we looked at the blurring windshield as rain splashed down on it. I squinted my eyes making out a white figure stand not very far, waving at us. Probably at the rickshaw. I did catch the shade of the bus stop under which the person stood.

" This rain has people in trouble!" The driver sighed out and I glanced at him.

The man slowed down more as we reached near the bus stop. Two thin hands clasped the steel bars of the rickshaw before I saw a young woman appear before us. In her own daze she failed to notice my hunched figure as she spoke breathlessly,

" Bhai, to the hospital!"

She hadn't stepped in when the driver spoke,

" Baji, I already have-"

Sharp butterscotch eyes cut to me and I felt the woman tense making me reciprocate.

" Its an emergency, I really have to go!" The woman exclaimed as she turned to the driver.

The man in turn, looked back at me.

" I am getting late, I have to reach the hospital!" I stated blankly and the man looked at the woman again as she turned red with anger. Lifting her chin up she glared at me and the at the driver.

" It's an emergency, I am standing here for half an hour but there's no ride here that I could catch." She grit out and the man turned to me with pleading eyes.

"Bhai if you would adjust. Believe me, in this rain I would not get any passenger as well for the day. I have my children waiting at home for me."

I considered what he said and nodded. Picking up the black jacket from besides me, I hung it over my shoulder being careful with my arm. And moved to the farthest end of the small seat. A pair of large eyes looked at me, up and down in dejection and the woman huffed before sliding in besides me.

I was in no way leaving the rickshaw and standing in the rain till I find another ride.

Her floral perfume wafted past my nostrils and I instantly scrunched my nose. She shifted to the farthest end as well in the small squeezed place and I noticed the space that was build between us, enough to fit the curious driver that sat before us. And the man looked at us in astonishment and amazement through the rear mirror before sighing and driving his rickshaw again.

Within few minutes, we were crossing the hospital gates. The man pressed onto the brakes right before the department. And we jerked forward with the force applied. The woman from besides me gasped and I let out a low curse as well. She got out first, paying the man and rushing in. I kept the bill on the man's hand and waved off the change before making my way inside.

" Bhai, I'll be here outside!" He called out as I walked in.

Making my way towards the elevators, I pressed the button and waited for the lift when someone collided with my back and my hand instantly shot out to the wall for balance. With a clenched jaw, I turned around and saw the man kneeling down and picking up his files and envelopes.

" Sorry sir!" He exclaimed with his head lowered and then turned to the culprit making me follow his eyes. Seeing the woman from earlier stare at me in shock. Her face now white, matching with the white dress she wore. Her brown hair with streaks shaping around her face as she opened and closed her mouth.

The elevator doors opened and I turned, seeing men and women rush out. I stepped in as in cue the man behind me and the woman followed in. Pressing onto the floor, I tapped my shoe on the floor. When the doors opened, I made my way to the reception area of the orthopedic lounge and waited as the nurse asked me to.

I was called in a room and the male nurse waited as he cut open the white cast from around my elbow.

" It looks great now!" The doctor walked in and examined my arm making me nod at him.

" Any pain you feel, Jahan!" He asked looking up at me.

Ask me if I feel anything other than pain.

I shook my head and the doctor talked to me for a few minutes before I was good to go. Flexing my elbow, I walked out of the room and turned towards the elevators again. While waiting I looked around the almost empty lounge and the family that stood towards the operation theatres. And with a single glance I spotted the woman in white with streaked hair. Her back was to me as she argued with an older woman. A few men and women also stood nearby. They seemed to be in a very heated argument catching all attention.

The woman in white turned around fuming, her fists clenched and her face scrunched. With blazing eyes she met my gaze and glared at me before storming towards the stairs.

" Saboohi!"

The older woman shouted to her but the woman was unstoppable as she disappeared down the stairs. Soon I was back in the small rickshaw as I rode back home. Black polished grand gates came into view and the rickshaw stopped. Getting down, I thanked the man when he stopped me again.

" Bhai, Madam Sahiba left this behind could you please return it to her!"

The driver said and I looked at the national identity card he held. My eyes widening upon seeing the card.

" She left this behind?"

I asked raising my brows.

Damn.

Could someone be anymore stupid!

Who drops their id cards in rickshaws.

I took the card from him after much hesitancy. God, this was responsibility. And he drove off making me look down at the card.

Saboohi Mirza.

Shrugging my shoulders, I kept it in my wallet before walking through the grand gates. The familiar guards nodded at me in respect as I passed them making me reciprocate. The head of security- Sherazi, rushed towards me saluting me on his way.

" Sir." He greeted as I crossed the patio steps.

" How is your arm now, sir?" He asked.

" It's fine now." I flexed my elbow showing him how well the bone had gotten.

" Good to hear, Sir. Your car was tracked and is in the workshop now. Zaryaab Sahib ordered for it. And he was asking of you."

I nodded at him and passed a smile smile, patting his back and walking to the wooden double doors. Sherazi stopped by the doors knowing his boundary, that he couldn't come in until he was called upon.

The late evening had caused the hustle and bustle of the white large haveli to slow down and I glanced at the empty dining table. A small sigh left my lips and I turned around. Meeting two small hazel eyes as they looked at me. The woman not standing very far from me as she studied me and then called for a maid. The maid rushed back to her with a small towel and the woman turned on her heels towards me.

I scratched my neck, a grin spreading on my lips as she yanked at my arm and pulled out a chair before almost dumping me on it. For her age, she was very strong. Her hands spread the towel on my head and rubbed against my scalp, drying my damp hair.

I chuckled as she did her work. She could be no other than my Dadi Gul Jan. My grandmother. The woman who had raise me despite of my mother being alive. She was the woman that had supported me throughout my life. Standing like a strong woman through the thin and thick and keeping our family together.

Her touch was harsh as she rubbed the towel against my head and I knew she was a little mad at me. Probably because I was late for dinner and hadn't informed any of them.

" I am sorry!" I said as she moved away and sighed out.

" Got rid of plaster?" She asked instead and I knew her anger had melted just like that.

I nodded showing her my arm and she nodded before walking in the kitchen and making me follow behind. I plopped up myself on the marble counters as she turned on the stove and heated dinner for me.

" Where is Khan Dada? Is he asleep?"

I asked biting on a sliced cucumber. She stirred the pot and nodded.

" Allah knows what Khan Sahib has started taking in his evening tea that by this time he starts snoring loudly."

Dadi Gul Jan complained and I laughed out.

" Uhm hm. He just wakes up early than any of us. It's nothing you should be worried about."

I said throwing my arm around her small frame.

" Hm. I just hope so." She shared a laugh with me before dishing out the rice and gravy for me. I sat on the counter, eating my dinner and Dadi Gul Jan pulled the dining table chair in the kitchen before sitting on it.

" Zaryaab was very worried about you. The rain was adding more to our worries but he wasn't feeling well and they retired early for bed."

She said and I nodded.

I finished my meal, talking to her about this and that and she filled me in by telling me what she did all day. It was one of the best times of the day. When I'd get a chance to sit with her alone, letting all my walls down so that she could see the child who came to live with her when he was three, the child she groomed and raised up and turned him to be the man he was now. It was also one of the times when subconsciously Dadi Gul Jan would run her hand over my shoulder and smile at me with a broken emotion swimming in her eyes, and with that look I'd know she was seeing her grand daughter in me. That she was seeing her Ronaq in me.

I walked Dadi Gul Jan to her room before running up the grand wooden stairs. The hallways were dimly lit with the yellowish lights, casting a soft shadow of everything on the spotless white walls. 

Opening the heavy doors of my bedroom, I strode in. Feeling the warmth envelope me instantly. Throwing away my jacket, I kept my car keys and phone on the huge vanity table, my eyes flickering to the photograph easily placed on the table. Sighing out loudly. I flicked the lights closed and walked out of the room.

Walking down the hallway, I stood before the railings of the open balcony seeing the clouds road with thunder again. Rain raging out on the land. A sat on the wooden swing seat, Zaryaab had installed not a day before - only because I had told him that I liked it as we crossed the furniture showroom. And the man was crazy buying it the other day for me.

The swing seat was made of heavy wood having tiny details of carved design with antique polish on it. It had plush cushion seats, dozed in off white and striped dull gold. It was something she would have loved. And while sitting on it, the view of the dark night was something I was loving. Seeing the outline of the towering mountains from afar as the rain pelted down hiding away the stars.

I heard shuffling behind me and I tilted my head just a little seeing the shadow of someone on the wall opposite to me.

" My jaan, what has happened to you!" I heard a soft voice say.

" Jahan? Is that you!?" The voice was directed to me now.

I turned around fully seeing the woman make her way to me easily. The child in her arms crying softly.

" Yeah!" I spoke.

Afaaf sat on the seat besides me. Her arms slowly rocking her son as he cried. I reached forward, carefully taking Mohid from her arms. The boy looked at me and scrunched his nose, his lower lips wobbled and his tiny fisted hands rubbed his eyes.

" Hey, little guy! What's wrong?" I asked him softly seeing him sniff.

" I seriously don't know what has happened to him. He keeps crying only. Zaryaab would wake up so I brought him outside." My sister in-law sighed and I smiled at her before taking Mohid in a warm hug. He shushed up and wrapped his little arms around me. His small head now resting on my shoulder.

" Woah! I should have come to you before!" Afaaf exclaimed in a soft voice seeing her son quiet and comfortable now. Her large brown eyes widening. The light from outside casting a soft glow on her features.

It was true, Mohid and I shared a secret relationship. The two year old was the joy of the house and the apple of everyone's eyes. He'd stay with me whenever I'd be home and play in the garden. I enjoyed being with him. It was feeling of longing and years of yearning I felt being around him.

I patted him softly with my hand and rocked the swing steadily, back and forth. Cool air gushed past us and soon I felt the baby's breathing slow down.

" How's your arm now?" She asked softly making me look up at her.

" It's pretty fine now!" I smiled at her.

" He fell asleep!" I told her after minutes of silence.

" I guess he was disturbed because he didn't get to see you all day!"
We chuckled.

She would have loved Mohid so much. And now I was giving Mohid love not only from my side but her's share as well.

" You should probably pay a visit to aunty. She's worried about your well being."

Afaaf said in a quiet voice referring to my mother. Twiddling with her son's milk bottle. Her eyes casted to her lap. I looked at her and furrowed my eyebrows together.

" Did she call?"

The woman gave a quick glance and averted her eyes to the rain. I shook my head in helplessness.

" I know what she's more worried about!" I stated.

" Um. I don't know what to say!"

We didn't speak after that. In last three years, Afaaf had become a good friend of mine, a sister in law I never had. I no longer saw her in Afaaf. Because Afaaf was all over a new person in her own skin. And whenever I'd look back, she'd be there standing for me with her husband.

" Just know. We are always here for you." She stated smiling softly at me and my heart swelled up.

" Thank you!" I didn't mean to be so quiet but I managed to whisper the words out only. Reciprocating her smile.

I walked with Afaaf to her room with Mohid in my arms and carefully gave her son to her before uttering goodnight and turning towards my bedroom.

Lying down on the bed, I stared at the ceiling. Blank.

Reaching towards my phone, I unlocked it. Opened the chat box, looked through the list, clicked on the her name. Scrolling through the chat, I pressed on the voice recording. Hearing the words boom loudly in the room. Filling my heart with contend and my soul with love. And hugging the pillow besides me, I fell asleep.

I love you my Jahan!

Assalam O Alaikum Lovelies!!

Hope you all are doing great! 😍

The first chapter is officially out! So drop your views on the comment section below as your comment swell my heart with love ♥️ What do you think about the Chapter? What about this girl, Saboohi?

And yes we did get a glance of Afaaf!! 🙈✨

Enjoy the chapter, I'll be seeing you guys real quick!

Don't forget to,

°Vote
°Comment loads
°Share

Till then<

Love,
_Hafsa♥️

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro