Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Tujhe aur bhe hain chahne wale,
Tujhe Mera malaal thore hai.

Me marr bhe jaon, tujhe kia parwah,
Tujhe mera khiyaal thore hai.

Jahan

I molded my hands around the tea cup. The steam teasing my chin as I rose the cup to my lips. My eyes casting over to Abbas as he kept the tray on the bed and left. Looking at Mirza sahib, I saw him fiddle with his cup as he glanced at me and leaned back against the head board. His form looked paler and thinner since the last time I saw him.

" I was a bomb diffuser. And my work required me moving in and out of Swat. Most of the time, I'd be traveling across the country or the continent. At that time the demand was high, agency after agency were contacting for special teams and staff."

I frowned listening to the man intently as he ran a hand across his dry lips and looked ahead at the plain cream wall before him.

" The workers were given a month holiday every year until there was an emergency. Mostly the summer time. But this particular year, I didn't take the monthly holiday and did the same next year. My girls were small, attending school and during the holidays we would either go to the northern side or to visit their grandparents. So when the third year rolled in, I requested a two month holiday from my senior, who I was reporting. But he informed that the policy has been changed and the agency would allow every worker and his family to travel abroad for two weeks. I became happy. Because in all my earning years I had never travelled outside the country with my family. "

He paused sighing in. His attention coming to me and I crossed my hands across my chest.

" I came home and told the girls. They were esctastic and so was Sukhaina. And then when the agency asked too fill in where we wanted to go, I ofcource asked Sukhaina. She said that wherever the girls agree too. Okay then, we asked Rubi and Saboohi then. Different cities and countries came up. America. London. China, Switzerland and what not. I was amazed at what they were suggesting. However we couldn't decide that night and the matter was left unresolved. But two days later I came home and Saboohi was adamant on a city and she was fighting with Rubi. I asked them what final suggestions they had. Rubi said she wanted to go Florida. And against her Saboohi said she wanted to Budapest. My eyes widened hearing my daughter say this. And she was adamant, not listening to anyone. Saboohi was smart. She loved history and she loved architecture and you know ancient tales and all that."

I bit my lips to stop the smile that was hell bent on crooking up.

" I had two daughters now and there suggestions were before me. And I had to chose. And so I chose Saboohi's Budapest-" he paused and sighed out. His forehead creasing.

" Saboohi was for a fact, always very close to me and at times I admitted that I loved her more than Rubi. Saboohi was five years younger than her older sister and she had made appearance after five years of waiting so she was very dear to me. And Sukhaina used to complain alot that I spoiled her but you know, you grow affectionate towards someone so they reciprocate it very well. Saboohi was 15, Rubi being 20 when we went to Budapest, Hungary. Reaching there, Rubi was very satisfied at the place and enjoyed to her fullest but didn't let her sister know it."

He chuckled lightly, his shoulders shaking making me offer him a smile. His diaphragm rose as he breath out deeply. Being his expressions turned solemn.

" It was our fifth day there and the girls wanted to have an afternoon snack down the cafe. We walked from our hotel to the cafe. I sat them down at the table outside and went to order inside the cafe. The weather was nice and everything was pleasant. I saw through the glass as Sukhaina gave them an eye and the girls sat back properly and giggled to themselves bringing a small to my face. I ordered and I brought the trays. We ate and talked and you know have the best possible time ever. ' I want more chocolate shake' Saboohi and Rubi said at the same time. I asked Sukhaina I she needed something and then I went in. This time, the line was extended so I waited, exchanging looks between my family and then the man infront of me. I casted my eyes seeing Saboohi run over to grab the sterofoam cup that fell. She sat and again the wind blew the cup away. I stepped forward in the line and then looked out seeing a van rush down the road-"

My heart beats picked up and felt the anticipation snake around me.

" I pushed the man from infront of me. My eyes on Saboohi as she looked at the van as the door slid open. The floor from beneath my feet was snatched when an arm came from the open door and pulled Saboohi in. I screamed and ran out. My eyes wide and nerves everywhere as I screamed and screamed and ran down the road after the speedy van seeing it leave its smoke behind. I chased it as long as I could but it wasn't possible that I stop it. Sukhaina and Rubi caught up with me. Drenched and sweat and looking shaken and fearful. I held them tightly feeling as if I had nothing now. Saboohi was gone. And here I was in an unknown country with people who spoke a foreign language. I couldn't decide what to do. I felt so helpless. With utter dread I left my wife and Rubi in the hotel and went to the police station and filed a report. There I got to know that thirteen more girls were abducted in a matter of 48 hours. And they were after the people responsible for the kidnapping. It was apparently a gang and was involved in human trafficking. Hearing this, my heart almost lost its beats."

I couldn't move because of how frozen I was. My muscles tensed and my head throbbing.

" How would I tell this to Sukhaina and what would I do now. I was so worried. My poor Saboohi was gone. I'd cry at night before Allah. Her smile would never filter from my mind. Our days would be spent by going to the police station and hotel. Back and fro. It was after three days after that one night, Budapest was under blackout. Rubi was afraid and she kept crying that she wanted to go back. That she wanted to return back. And whenever I looked at Sukhaina, I see hopelessness in her eyes but I couldn't give up. The next morning I got a call from the police station. Saying that they found ten girls and were being taken to the hospital. Taking the address we reached the hospital. Other parents were there before us. Crying and fighting. We were all asked to wait and one by one were called in for identification. From what we heard outside in the waiting area was that the other three girls were dead as the gang opened fire when the police approached. My heart was beating loudly thinking if Saboohi was one of the girls. All bad thoughts were crossing my mind. Because the parents that went in were coming out affirming that they had gotten their daughters back."

My heart eased knowing that Saboohi wasn't among the dead ones. She was safe and alive. Well at least she was now unless she had taken the whole hospital up her shoulders.

" Only we were left and two other families and one girl was left to be identified. We we called in and indeed it was Allah's blessing upon us that Saboohi was lying on the bed. Yet she was unconscious. She had some wounds here and there. And her dress was a little less oriented. We breathed in relief and then went out as per the instructions. It was in the late afternoon that the doctor and nurses all called us in haphazardly. With out hearts in out throat we reached go the ward."

A lump formed in my throat for what next was left to be revealed.

" Saboohi was unable to regain consciousness. And they were going to run some tests over her. I looked at my wife and we exchanged a glance together. Our teenage daughter was kidnapped in a foreign country, the least we could expect was the worse. I pulled the doctor to the side and asked her to clear my query but she informed me that Saboohi was as innocent as she was born. And she said that my girl would grow into a very brave and dignified woman. And that she wasn't ra-"

I reached a hand over the man's shoulder and patted him. As the father cried in his hands. My own eyes blurry my vision.

" The night we cried for her consciousness but the next morning the news that was revealed to us. Shattered us. Saboohi was Amnestic. She would wake up but wouldn't be able to recall the last years of her life. Upon the revealed reports. The abductors had injected her medications for Amnesia and the doctors were ashen. I was at least relieved that she wouldn't be able to remember the horror of being kidnapped. Saboohi regained consciousness some days later and she recognized me but she turned her face away from Sukhaina. But later she recalled Sukhaina and her sister. We came back and Saboohi went under therapy for six months. At time she was confused that why was all that happening to her. Sukhaina and I grew apart. Apparently the mother couldn't cope up with her daughter being like the way she was. I ran from hospitals after hospitals. And then an year and half later, Saboohi started this new thing, hurting herself. We went under therapy again. She was fine after that. But she was changed now. She wouldn't think twice about self harm. But then when she turned 19 she promised never to do it again. Rubi and Sukhaina were giving her a hard time. Saboohi was home schooled after we returned but she wanted to be normal and wanted to go to university. I let her. Pushing my wife more apart."

I sighed in. Running my hands over my face. It was all so twisted and nerve wracking for one person.

" Saboohi is hopeless. If she's not loved, taken care of she'd hurt herself. It's the different triggers that caused a syndrome. But my girls doing since the past years. We started looking for some alliances for her. But whenever we told the family about her condition. They would reject her. It kept going in. And so-"

I frowned as he looked at me with guilt laced eyes.

" And so when your mother came to ask Saboohi's hand in marriage. I didn't tell her anything about Saboohi as per Sukhaina suggested. I am very sorry for keeping it all from you." He joined his hands infront of me and pleaded making me lower them and shake my head.

" Mirza Sahib please don't-"

" Jahan. Please don't hurt her. I know it's not easy for you as well but the first time I saw you, I knew I was handing my daughter to the right person. If you reject her she'd feel low about herself. Saboohi is a very nice person at heart. She'd always reciprocate with love once you do it."

I stood up and nodded my head, knowing I had a long way to go back.

" Um. One more thing" I turned to look at the man.

" I am not well. Please dont come back to swat for a while. Saboohi wouldn't be able to see me dying."

" We won't. Take care of yourself." I said giving him a small smile.

He nodded.

" How is Saboohi, you came and didn't-"

" She's fine. Um- she was busy making dinner so I.."

The man smiled before he lowered himself on the pillow and closed his eyes.

" She cooks very well."

I murmured a small goodbye before seeing the way out. My head throbbed as I thought about everything.

I forgot the recipe.

It was because of her washing out Amnesia that she couldn't remember the recipe. My heart twisted. Allah tests the purest if souls. Ronaq was tested and so was Saboohi. Ughh-

By the time, I parked near the hospital curb, midnight had fallen. Walking through the empty hallway, I reached Saboohi's room seeing her sit, facing the door. The nurse gave me a eye roll as she saw me walk in.

" The doctor and therapist both have left waiting for you. And half energy of your wife has been drained doing the same. The discharge papers are at the desk, you can take the patient home."

The nurse spoke as she rolled the IV stand out of the room. I kneeled before a dazed out Saboohi. For the very first time I was seeing her braided hair. Her butterscotch eyes were trained on a spot on the floor. I held her hand and it was warm. Full of life now.

" Sorry. I had to go somewhere." I spoke seeing the stilled woman. She didn't even twitch a muscle. She kept staring at the floor with blinking her eyes.

" Saboohi. Let's go home." I was tired and seeing her sit so idly made me guilty. She must be worn out as well, lying all day on the uncomfortable hospital mattress. Clearing through the desk, I held her hand and lead her to the car.

When we reached home, I was not surprised to see the place spotless and sparkling. Walking to the fridge, I let the woman stroll to the dining table.

" Would you like some dinner?"

She shook her head. Her eyes not meeting mine.

I wasn't hungry as well and so I dimmed the lights as the woman mumbled.

" I am going upstairs. I want to sleep."

She took small steps to the stairs and started to climb. I stood behind her as she carefully took one step at a time. Her hand shook and she almost lost balance. A loud gasp ripping off her mouth.

" Woah careful!" I breathed. Steadying her.

" I just, I see two stairs at once." She voiced. And I nodded moving forward to help. But instead she shook her head and held her hand up.

" Let me Saboohi." I curled my hand under her knees and pulled her up in my arms. She scrunched her nose and shook her head.

" Just- you could've left me." She said.

I looked down seeing her eyes meet mine for the first time in two days. The butterscotch had melted away and what remained was figments of brown and butter. She let her hands dangle and stared at me intently. Averting my eyes, I ascended the stairs.

" If you might have fallen on the stairs, it was possible the railing could've broken and I've said it before I am not good with railings." I said as I walked us to the bedroom.

Lowering her gently on the bed, I went in to change. By the time my head hit the pillow, my eyes were falling shut and without thinking any further, I slept.

Soft padded sound echoed and I looked up from the frying pan seeing the woman descend down the stairs. Freshly showered, she had her hair in a messy bun with ribbon silky hair band holding her hair up. She had on a thin strapped white dress that reached till her knees and her fuzzy white slippers. She glanced at me with a brooding look before folding her hands and walking to the lounge area.

Glancing away, I saw the omlette now turn dark brown on the edges making me swear out. Plating it out, I kept the house of glass on the tray and some napkins with breakfast.

" Here." I said keeping the tray on the table. Saboohi glanced at me before leaning on her elbows and digging in. I sat back on the bean bag, sipping my coffee as I looked at her. Her thin arms had faded scars all lined on the inner side and suddenly the coffee within my mouth became hard to gulp down.

She looked at me and scrunched her nose, expressions showing her distaste.

" What?" I asked looking down at the half eaten omlette.

" It's burned." She pointed out before chewing.

" It's not burned, it's a little overcooked." I stated before giving her a tight smile. I stood up to rinse my cup seeing the woman follow after and keep the dishes away. Unlike the usual Saboohi, this woman looked lost. Her body language spoke of her lethargy. Biting the inside of my cheek I looked down at her diet plan before moving away from the counter. Grabbing the flowers I had gotten for her this early morning. I walked upto her.

" These are for you." She glanced at me and then at the flowers.

I watched as she sniffed them and then snuggled them close to her chest. I smiled and went back to the counter. She shifted on the couch, looking out at the trees. I took out the ingredients I needded for her pre-lunch lunch and started on my work. Minutes later, I looked up at Saboohi only to frown.

She was plucking out the flowers from the bouquet and then throwing them on the floor, very gracefully.

" It seems that you regret that you're alive."

I spoke out before I could stop myself. She didn't look up instead her lips twitched.

" I regret that you saved me."

She said loud and clear and I could detect the smile in her voice. Making me chuckle. She went on doing the same thing again and again. My phone beeped and I turned around to scroll the notification. A knock on the door sounded and I looked at Saboohi. She could help with some work as well.

" Saboohi get the door." I ordered seeing the woman roll her eyes. She stood up protestingly before reaching for the door. Casting my eyes on the screen, I narrowed them. Farzan was sending me blue prints and all sketchings. I shook my head and send him a quick reply. Looking at the couch I saw Saboohi not reach back, so I loosened the apron from around my waist and rounded the island. Seeing the light from the open door stream in.

And in the doorway stood Saboohi and a tall man before her. And his arms around her. And hers around him. I felt my jaw tick and I clenched my fists and growled lowly.

" Alamdar."

Yayayayaya!! ?

I enjoyed writing it man!! Whoooooooooohoooo!! And I feel satisfied with how all the past came out. Some things will be revealed in the upcoming chapters as the story rolls out.

So * looks expectantly* what do you think guys??

Do leave your precious words I cannot wait to hear from you guys!

Who's this smexy man at their doorstep?

😚😚

Till then<

Love,
_Hafsa♥

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro