35) Boy-friend

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

*******ANNIE*******

I smiled at the calendar. Two days. I wonder what Jack will get me for my remarkable birthday.

A car? My composed voice speculated.

I shook my head, walking towards the full-length mirror by the closet. Everything in my new dwelling seemed odd, but classic.

Jack had given me permission to roam in any part of the house, including his bedroom. When he was out late, I had been sneaking there and stealing dirty shirts then dashing back to my room and falling asleep to his cologne mixed with body scent.

Not a healthy habit, but eh!
A girl gotta sleep.

It was getting boring here. All the staff were too polite, too professional. I had even learned about a schoolmate living in the servant's quarters, her mom was one of the cooks.
Her name was something like Ping Wei, she was a class below me.

I had tried talking to her, but she had been giving me the cold shoulder for over a week now. She had a brother studying back in China that was set to relocate to California once he had graduated. That would be nice, must have been a great feeling not being an only child like me.

With nobody to talk to, I decided to go out by myself.

"You look cute." I smiled at my reflection wearing a pair of ragged black jeans and a white crop top that showed off my little innie belly button.

I shifted and faced the door to check the side view of my ass. Nice! The jeans was doing my bottom all the justice it deserved, I was very satisfied. Very.

After grabbing a sling bag, I hurried out of the room and straight out the mansion.

The evening sun was warm and beautiful even though the dark clouds to the south were threatening to cover its glory.
It wasn't going to rain, right?

I dismissed that concern and started walking towards the black Volvo awaiting me.

***. ***. ***.

Daisy was already in the library by the time I got there. She was one of the unique souls that loved being on time, whether it was school, or going to a party.

The library had been the safest place that the driver wouldn't suspect anything. And with him gone to park the car, Daisy and I seized that slim window to run out of the library and down the street.

I had set my mind on attending Stella's birthday party. She used to be my lab partner in eleventh grade, the girl boys wanted to associate with. Fair skin, glistening gray eyes that captured one's soul, a set of perfect white teeth, cute pink lips that most boys dreamt of kissing.

She had asked Daisy to invite me. Something that shocked me due to the yearlong silence and now she just wanted to brush it off by inviting me to her birthday party?

Well, I only accepted her invitation because of the boredom driving me insane at the mansion. Jack had been pretty busy. There weren't any friends allowed to visit the mansion.

A lot of bulshit rules that Jack imposed t safeguard me. What was he protecting me from? Giving up my V-card?

"Thanks!" Daisy squealed handing the Uber driver a fifty dollar note. "Keep the change!"
She then grabbed my hand while opening her door.

The excitement printed on her face was heartwarming. It made me grin to myself as she went ahead to lead me to the house standing to our left..
The cars parked along the road must have belonged to the other teenagers attending the party. How many people had she invited?

Haven Neighborhood bled of peace and serenity. The greenery around the private houses was beautiful. I felt one with nature as I studied the environment.

"Stop staring! Come on!"
Daisy yanked me.

I giggled as my concentration fell on the house ahead.

"It's starting at six thirty. No need to ru-"

"Says the girl that doesn't need to worry about brushing her own teeth. Daddy has servants." Daisy joked.
If it was coming from someone else, I'd have slapped the shit out of them. But this was Daisy, my best friend. She knew everything about me...except the big thing.

I had once confided in her about my crush on Jack, but that was three years back. It was time for me to tell her about the crazy things that had been happening with Jack. All the kissing, the makeouts, the gropes.

But shit! How would I even start the conversation? Would she be mad that I had kept her in the dark for almost a month?
Of course she would. But I had already thought about the perfect apology. She would love the pearl necklace I had purchased a few days ago.
I had initially bought it as our anniversary gift, but giving it to her a week early wouldn't hurt
I could always buy her another gift.

We joined a few students at the doorway. Gosh! She even had security? Brutal!

Was it a party or a meeting?

"Purse?" Asked one of the two females dressed in sable black suits holding metal detectors. Their straight faces were such a buzzkill.

I opened my bag, letting her check with her hawk eyes its contents. There was nothing unusual, other than the Fox Labs pepper spray, which I had changed labels. A trick that was self taught. That way, nobody would suspect of the secret 'weapon'. Wait, does pepper spray count as a weapon?

Anyway, while most canisters are made of aluminum, Jack had specifically bought the plastic canister one to slip from metal detectors. I had such an intelligent boyfriend.

Hmm! Boy-friend!

The detector on Daisy beeped, drawing my eyes on her thigh where the machine was hovering over.

"What do you have under the dress?" The woman questioned in a serious tone that felt like a cop interrogating a criminal.

"Nothing illegal." Daisy answered giving her the 'calm' smile. Whenever I saw that smile, I always knew her anger levels were rising.

"No weapon is allowed in the party Miss. That includes anything like a blade. If you want to attend this party, I'd suggest you hand over whatever is under there and collect it on your way out."

Shesh!

Daisy grinned, her eyes staring fiercely at the female that had given such a heart touching lecture classified under, nonsense.

For heavensake, it was a teen party. Who brought guns and daggers?

Daisy raised the hem of her purple dress and slid her hand under it. When it came out, it held a...dagger.

Wow! Apparently, my best friend carried a dagger around.

Without saying a thing, she dropped the weapon in the female's hand before brushing past her angrily. It took me a second to load, then ran after her.

"Daisy?"

But before I could ask her about the dagger, three boys in Greek wears swept in between us.

QueenBre119;❤️

Blissfulmabel;❤️💗

enchantedgirl04;❤️

premo123;❤️❤️💗

NiketaM7;❤️

yourmomsdadsmomsdad;❤️

aleahz43;❤️

Maya_865;❤️

lolzers1912;❤️

HusnaNuhu;❤️

_iluvme2;❤️

NIECEYY-;❤️