39) Dropped a towel

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

****3rd POV*****

"If you could get me the permit Sir it wou-"

"Enough of this Bianco!" A middle aged male roared slapping the file in his hand down on the dull desk. His black eyes scowled up at his junior, enraged about her obsession with the tips that nobody knew where they were coming from.

Beatrice Bianco pressed her lips together firmly as her eyes took in a fuming Mr Harry. Who knew being an officer again would mean enduring such humiliation?

All the more reason she couldn't let go of this wild case.

Mr Harry sighed, dispersing the anger.
Beatrice was just trying to catch the bad guys. She had even been in an accident. Heaven knew what was going on in the shadows of California.

"Sit down!" He finally said.

With slight hesitation, Beatrice lowered herself on the empty chair in front of the desk. She was careful not to disturb her fractured left arm tucked in a cast cocoon accompanied by a sling to keep it up.

As the morning sun spilled carefree in the office, the male could only use it as a distraction to avoid her questioning eyes. Which would get more demanding due to Beatrice's stubborn nature.

"You do know of a Mafia organization called Black Blood, right?"

Beatrice frowned, wondering why her Senior couldn't look into her eyes.
"Yes Sir."

It fell silent for a few seconds before the male dared to look into Beatrice's eyes.
"They're after you."

As expected, the female's gray eyes popped round that Mr Harry grew so uncomfortable on his seat.
"Them? Why would they-"

"There's something left at your accident spot." He coughed and reached to open one of the three drawers where his right knee rested on.
Feeling almost sorry for the female, Mr Harry brought up the hand which held an envelope.

Beatrice almost snatched the slightly bulged envelope from her senior. Holding it in the weak left hand, she used the right one to fish out the contents of the envelope.

A black rose came out first.

Beatrice immediately had an attack of eerie shivers to its sight, but no horror would compare to what she would experience next. As she fetched out the second thing in the envelope, her heart froze, breaths were disrupted and her brain forgot to send important signals about the importance of breathing.

Her skin slowly started growing pale and her eyes could not widen any further. She seemed like a ghost that had ben frightened by its own existence.

"Bianco?" Mr Harry yelled upon seeing the scary appearance of the woman seated a few inches from his desk.

A threat to one's child was the worst kind of threat to exist. And her being thousands of miles from her son, knowing too well that nobody could protect him as she would, made her entire system shut down.

"Shit!" Mr Harry cursed shooting out of his chair to run around the desk.

***. ***. ***.

*****ANNIE*****

"Jack?" I called knocking on the adjacent door.

No response.

"Jack?"

Nothing.

Strange, his Sunday car was still in the garage, meaning he had to be in the house. If he wasn't in his room, where else the fuck would he be at?

Out of my strange habit of collecting his worn shirts or t-shirts, I unlocked the door and tiptoed inside.

The room was cool and aerated. A slow wind was blowing lazily in through the large windows, brushing past the sheers gently. It felt like I had walked in a park from the scent of flowers tagging along the wind.

I snorted, envious of how amazing his room felt, unlike mine. Maybe I should have opened the windows more rather than being jealous of Jack.

My globes landed on the already-made bed. It looked even better than I remembered it. Truly, daytime has a way of illuminating everything in life. Even death is peaceful during the day that in the nighttime.

Your mission dummy!
A hush reminder shot in my mind, snapping me out of the little trance.

My feet got in motion, heading for the basket at the corner of the room. It had like three clothes, from the previous day. It'd have to work, I had no intention of going in the laundry room for an older shirt.

I grabbed the blue t-shirt Jack had worn in the aquarium and brought it up to press it against my nose. As my nostrils inhaled the masculine body scent mixed with a bit of cologne, a door close-by unlocked with a slight noise.

My body suddenly went numb.

Who was it?
Jack?
A servant?

It would be a thousand times better if it was one of the servants.
Please don't be Jack. Please don't be Jack.

I prayed as my feet made little rotating steps while my hands remained behind me, hiding the t-shirt.

"Well, well...well!"
It seemed as though heaven was not listening to me at that particular moment of need.

"He-hey!" I grinned nervously while my eyes ran over the half naked beast in nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist. Even then, I could see the bulge at his groin.

Dear lord, was this my temptation?
My 'wilderness test'.

His hair was dump from the fresh shower I assumed he had taken, but he had held it up at the back of his head.

"Come here!" Jack ordered crossing hands over the wideness of his chest.

Dear God. I promise I'll be a good girl. I won't steal any more of his t-shirts, please save-

"Annie?" Jack called with a raised brow.

I gave a nervous laugh, hoping to escape the incoming event by acting cute.

"Um...maybe you should...I don't know, finish dressing up?"

For some unknown reason, Jack scoffed.

"What do you have there?" His eyes were on my waist, indicating the hidden hands.

I took a step back, smiling like the world's best fool. "Nothing! Nothing!"

Jack laughed, letting his hands drop from his very attractive chest. It must have been hectic looking so perfect all day and night. Poor Jack.
"You sure?"

I nodded. "Yes Sir!"
Hoping he wouldn't see it, I let the cloth drop back in the basket.
And with a renewed confidence, I brought forward my hands and raised them. "See! Told you I had nothing."

Jack said nothing. He laughed again. But this was the kind of laugh that said, 'how stupid do I look'. It had a menacing touch to it.

Time to whooooosh girl! Why you standing here?

The voice was right. Running away from danger was the only sure way to escape it this time.

The beast was standing a distance from me...good.
But he was too close to the path I needed to use to dash out of his room.
Maybe if I ran fast enough, he wouldn't catch up?

It sounded like the most brilliant idea to ever cross my mind. To achieve such an impossible thing, I had to distract him. And so I sent my eyes out of the window then yelled, "Jack watch out!"

I had no time to check his expression, for as soon as he jerked his head to the windows, I bolted towards the adjacent door while giggling.
My tongue could almost taste the freedom.

But nothing in life goes as smoothly as we would like. There was a low deep grunt before I was grabbed by my waist and hauled backwards.
Our bodies went tumbling down on the soft carpet that surrounded his bed. Thank God!

"You'll pay for that!" Jack groaned rolling on top of me. He unapologetically pinned my hands above my head using only one of his.

Damn he was strong and big.

As our heaving and panting slowed down, I realized how intimate our position was. And not only that, but I could feel the warmth of his thighs against mine. Which could only mean one thing...his towel had fallen during all that scuffle.
Now, only the thin fabric of my booty-shots shielded me from whatever was being pressed on my loin.

***Please don't blame me for the cliffhanger. I'm tired asf. Hahaha.. bear with me.. Thanks for the continued support. And do follow my profile if you haven't. ❤️❤️****

PrincessAllie07;❤️❤️

andwhatthehellwerewe;❤️

NicolyHigashi3;❤️

zuali2002;❤️

house_of_snake;❤️

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro