7)A punch keeps the asshole away

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Mr Ricardo, our history teacher, was busy saying something about...history. But I had spaced out while pretending to be attentive, he had my eyes and ears. They just weren't seeing or hearing a thing from him. My thoughts were focused on yesterday's encounter with Jack.

I hadn't seen him at breakfast as usual, he had left early for work.

"Annie Raynatt!" Someone called out.

I jumped startled on my seat as my attention dashed back on the teacher. He was looking at me, so were the students turning their heads at me.

"Annie Raynatt, please report to the principal's office!" A request boomed from the speaker above the class door.

It sparked a few murmurs, which Mr Ricardo quieted down immediately. "Silence! And you! Please make way to the Principal!"

"Oh!" I murmured slipping off the chair.
I had never been that anxious. Why would I be summoned in the middle of class? Did something happen to Jack?
      That thought was quickly erased as I sited him sitting in front of Ms Kate's desk...alongside Paul and his dad. Shit!

They all gazed back at me except for... Jack.

"Annie! Please, sit down!" Ms Kate requested gesturing at the empty chair next to Jack.

As I sat, feeling worried to the bone, Jack and I exchanged a brief gaze.
   "Sorry to disturb you-" she said throwing her eyes on Jack "-but I got a report about your kids getting into a fight."

My eyes bounced on Paul. Did he seriously report that stupid incidence? Well, the poor guy's wrists were in bandages so yah, he had all the rights to do it.

Paul just shrugged his shoulders, indicating that he didn't snitch.

"Is that all?" Jack suddenly asked.

"What do you mean is that all? My son got in a fight with your daughter and the same evening he was attacked. I've heard a lot of rumors about you Jackson Raynatt!" Paul's dad growled glaring hotly at Jack.
Dear Lord! Why did they have to sit next to each other?

"Dad!" Paul jumped in, "I told you this had nothing to do with-"

"Shut the fuck up you brat!"

"Language!" The principal barked. "Will everyone please calm down? We're not here to argue, we just need to hear their side of the story."

Jack was about to explode, but I quickly placed my hand on his knee while my eyes pleaded with his. He clenched his jaw and swallowed the fury he was about to unleash.

Ms Kate studied Jack, "Thank you!" She smiled.

"I have come here to hear for myself as these two confess to what they did to my son before I get the cops involved. And trust you me, it'll be ugly." Paul's dad threatened in a cold firm voice. He meant every letter, every word and every breath.

"Please calm down Mr Miller. I'm sure it was just a normal school fi-"

"I wanted to force a kiss on her! She had no choice but to...defend herself."

The room went quiet after his confession. It was shameful, embarrassing and difficult. But I was glad he had been honest.
   I popped my head forward and looked in Paul's direction, but Jack immediately covered my eyes.
"What are you looking at?" He questioned pushing my head backwards.
In response, I squeezed his knee, reminding him that we were in public and he couldn't behave as if we had the room to ourselves.

Ms Kate cleared her throat, communicating the awkwardness that had spread in the air.

"Unbelievable!" Paul's dad fumed.

All Jack gave was a snort before running a hand through his long hair, causing an effect on Ms Kate's expression. If I wasn't wrong, she must have been in her early forties. Believe me when I say that she had a crush on Jack, as most females did.

They could covert him all they wanted but he was...mine. That reality always filled me with such power. Such pride.

"What do you want Mr Miller?" Jack asked, turning his head at the older male to his left. I grabbed this chance to poke my head forward again and look at Paul. He had this expression on him while staring at Jack. It was...fear.

"I want the school to look into this matter and-"

"Dad stop!"

"Will you shut up and let me talk?" Mr Miller bellowed, which made me sympathize with Paul. He really didn't deserve all that.

"I'll cooperate with any investigation!" I blurted, earning me three pairs of eyes, one angry, one shocked and another threatening. Out of the three, Jack's terrified me. I gave his knee another squeeze, but he slid his hand on my thigh and pinched me.
Luckily the other two could not see what was happening down there or it would raise all kinds of suspicion.

I flinched, and he immediately started rubbing the area he had just assaulted while he leaned forward, eyes on the principal. "Is that legal?"

Ms Kate cleared her throat once more.
"Um...if it happened on the school premises, then yes it's legal. But no outsiders will be involved in the investigation."

"Mmm..." He settled back on the chair, gazed my direction and...winked.

The bloody bastard winked at me.

"You can do whatever he wants. But if this affects Annie's grades, I will sue you-" Jack turned his head at them "Mr Miller!"

"Fine! Pray to God that they don't find anything, or it'll be juvenile for that little rascal!"

"Mr Miller!" The principal cried.

The hand on my thigh went firm.

"What did you just say? I wasn't paying attention!" Jack's words were fueled by his deadly rage, sprinkled with a bit of sarcasm.

"I said, that little ras-" He never got to finish his insult due to the fist that immediately connected with his jaw. The damn idiot really took Jack's bait and the hand that had been on my thigh had flown right at the older man's face(shifting into a fist midair).

A loud bang filled the room as Mr Miller fell backwards while still on his chair, followed by Ms Kate's frightened gasps.

"Gentlemen!"

Jack wasn't having any of that gentle manners, nope!
He was on his feet and pulling Mr Miller off the floor by the petals of his leather jacket.
    At this point, I had no idea whether to interfere or stand aside as Paul had done.

Mr Miller dared to punch Jack, but the damn beast didn't even flinch to the blow delivered on his abdomen.

"Is that all you got?"
Jack roared a laugh. Right before arrowing his forehead straight at Mr Miller's nose. Ms Kate cried jumping from her chair.

With her hands shaking, she picked up the telephone and pressed a number. "I...I need security in my office this bloody second!"

So much for 'language', she could also curse.

I continued hiding behind my chair, watching the entire fight with my heart in my throat. My breathing was turning shallow by the seconds as fear penetrated deep to the very marrow of my bones. I always knew Jack had a no-nonsense streak in him, just didn't think it'd be this violent.

He's violent because he's protecting you, you idiot!

Blood. Oh the sight of it running down Mr Miller's mouth and chest made me dizzy. I hated blood...it always brought back a childhood trauma.

My world began spinning fast. My legs turned to wings and I felt like I was flying. Flying for the hard tiles.

Just as I was about to hit the floor, someone grabbed me.

"I'm so sorry!" I heard Jack's voice as my world turned to darkness. Pure darkness.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro