Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Breaths continued to heave out of my chest. Their blades inching closer to my throat, "Please, just stop this and come home! You belong in the company of lions, not barbaric wolves!" Anduin pleads. 

"The lions who abandoned me, these wolves brought me in and raised me as one of their pups!" I spat and tried to push the tips of their blades away from my throat. "I'd rather not shed your blood." He crouched down in front of me. His men raised their blades, and he touched my cheeks. He gently rested his forehead on mine. "Please," he begged again. "Look what they have done to you. You're not the soldier I remember." 

I tried to push him away, but he held his hands firm on my cheeks. "I am a wolf! Not a lion anymore!" I growled, forcing his hands off me and standing now. 

"Please don't make me hurt you," he whispers. The thundering footsteps of orcs could be heard as Durotan came to my aid. I gestured for Durotan, Groira, and Orgrim to stay where they were. 

"I have this handled!" she says. Anduin looks between the orcs and me. "Please, don't be so stupid! I know you better than this." His words weren't going in, I just brushed them off and ignored him. 

"You're making a mistake!" he says. 

"I don't think I am, I just know where my loyalties lie," she says. 

"Yeah, with the enemy," he sighs and tries to reach for me again but Duortan swatted his hand away. Anduin and his men now turned their attention to him. 

"Do not hurt my family!" I say.

"Come on! They are not your family, we are!" he says. I cross my arms over my chest and wait for his next move, my hand resting on the hilt of my blade. 

"I don't want to shed your blood either," I said and looked down at my boots, "but I will if I have to, I will protect my family."  Anduin sighed as more orcs made their way up the hill. They were outnumbered and forced to leave. 

"This is not over!" he yells as he leaves with his men. I looked at Durotan and let out a sigh which was short-lived as they started firing arrows from the backs of Gryphons and throwing their blades too, taking out several orcs.  "Take that as a warning!" Anduin yells. That night we buried our dead, all leaning on each other for support. 

"Maybe we should send her back?" one of the elders said. 

"No!" Durotan said.

"No one else should have to die because of her!" Another said joining in. "We all warned you that she was nothing but trouble!" The orc got closer to me, I started backing away but I hit the chest of another orc, they were surrounding me now. Groira and Duortan fought their way through the crowd and she took me away. 

"I will not lose one of my family members," Duortan growls and gets ready to challenge the rest of the orcs. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro