(23)

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Temari looked out of the window from the car. They were entering a remote area.

Her senses went on high alert. Where was he taking her again? He said 'Picnic', but a remote place?

"Sorry it's kinda out of the way," said Shikamaru, 15 minutes later, when they finally stopped. "It's just fans, you know. They are troublesome."

Temari blinked. Oh. She thought he was going to.... Kidnap or something. Well, she wouldn't have let him.

She fake smiled at him, but it was convincing. Shikamaru pointed to a lake that was some distance away.

"Under that tree," he pointed to a huge tree, "the picnic is set. You go on, I need to speak to the driver."

Temari hummed a yes and started walking to the place. When she was halfway there, she turned back slightly, to see Shikamaru waving to the driver and walking towards her. She sped up and reached a white (with red and pink cheques) picnic mat.

On the mat, was a basket. She opened it to find food in it. Alright. That was expected.

Shikamaru came and sat beside her on the mat. Then he laid down.

"Here again?" She smiled. "Didn't you sleep enough in the car?"

"One can never have enough sleep and escape from this troublesome world," he stated, matter-of-factly. "Why don't you lie down with me?"

"I am good, thank you," she looked straight at the lake. The sun was setting slowly, s the lake had a yellowish-orange hue. She smiled at the beautiful view.

"I insist," he said, his head propped up in his hands like this - (in a sleeping position).

"Why?" She asked.

"It's relaxing," he said with a shrug. "Try it."

Temari bit her lip. Oh, what's the harm? She lied down beside him. She looked up to see the tree. In a few spots, she could see the sky.

Birds sat on the tree, eating dinner and waiting for their families to come back. She smiled at the sight.

"See?" Shikamaru smiled at her.

"You're right," she giggled. "This is kind of nice."

Shikamaru rolled his eyes.

"I am always right," he said. Now Temari rolled her eyes.

"Only in your dreams," she added. After lying down for a few minutes, Temari sat up. She opened the basket. "You hungry?"

"A little, I guess," he said. He propped himself up on his elbow and looked inside the basket.

"Hm," Temari checked what there was inside. "Sandwich? Or cake? Or there are some snacks.... Is this our dinner?"

"Yeah, I suppose so," he shrugged. "If you want something else, tell me and I'll order it."

"No, I am fine with this," she said, picking up a sandwich. She handed him one too. "Thank you for the food!"

They began to eat, silence ensuing again. But it wasn't awkward; it was comfortable silence. The silence that is actually peace for you because you are with the people close to you.

"Is there something to drink?" Asked Shikamaru. Temari opened the basket again, stuffing the last piece into her mouth, as she scrounged around for drinks.

She was having trouble finding it so Shikamaru started searching himself, his half-eatten sandwich laying forgotten.

"Found it!" They both said simultaneously, as they grabbed a bottle of cold water. Shikamaru's fingers overlapped Temari's and before he could pull back, Temari pulled back so sharply, it was as if the hand was never there.

He blinked as she looked at the lake, ignoring him. That was weird...

He shrugged it off, thinking she was just embarassed. Truth was, Temari wasn't embarrassed. She just hated male touch.

She had her reasons to hate it too...

Temari took deep breaths silently, consoling herself that he won't do anything. But you never know who will take advantage of you, when and where.

'Calm down, Temari. Touching is normal. He won't do it. He justed wanted the drink. Calm down.'

Shikamaru cleared his throat.

"You want some?" He asked her, showing her the bottle. She silently took and drank some water. The cool water felt like it spread in her chest.

She sighed happily. Water really is life. She picked up a small cake and started eating it.

She had the last two pieces of it, when Shikamaru went for one.

"I want a piece," he muttered, nearly grabbing one, but Temari shifted his way to give it to him and their hands touched again. Temari pulled back her hand immediately and the two pieces fell down on the mat.

Now Shikamaru was sure that there was DEFINITELY something wrong. She looked away, trying to play it off but her troubled eyes told him plainly - she didn't like the touch.

Shikamaru decided to deal with it later and decided to make small talk.

"So, who's in your family?" He asked her, picking up the cake pieces and puting them away so he can throw them away later.

"Uh," Temari blinked, getting out of her trance before speaking, "Two brothers. My parents are dead, and both my brothers live in Suna."

"Oh, Suna?" He asked. "We have been there once before. I think we did meet two guys who said they had a sister named... something like your name."

Shikamaru scratched his head.

"One was a redhead," he said, suddenly remembering. "I remember cause he became close with Naruto and then Sasuke got 'jealous' and started acting like a teenage hormonal girl whose crush rejected her."

Temari burst out laughing, imagining Sasuke like that. Shikamaru smiled at the sight.

"Oh wait," she stopped laughing, "I do remember Gaara and Kankuro saying that they became friends with famous singers. I didn't know it was you all."

"Yeah," Shikamaru gave an easy smile to her. They talked for some more time. Soon, night fell and the noise of insects and crickets could be heard.

"I think we should go back home now," said Temari, noticing the darkness around them. Shikamaru sat up.

"Yeah, let's go back to the car," he said. They packed up everything and trudged back to the car.

The car was there, but the driver wasn't. Shikamaru, who had the car keys, opened the back door and Temari dumped the stuff there.

"Sit in while I call the driver," he said. Temari gave a nod and went inside the car and sat on the backseat. Shikamaru joined her a minute later.

"Unfortunately, he is stuck somewhere, so it will take some time," he said to her. "Man, this sure is troublesome."

Temari squirmed. She wasn't comfortable, sitting alone with a boy, on the same seat, in a car which was sitting in the middle of nowhere.

Shikamaru decided that he should verify his findings now. But 'now' was never, because....

Shikamaru placed his hand on her hand firmly. On instinct, Temari's whole body turned to face him and -

SLAP!

A bright red hand mark sat on Shikamaru's shocked face. Temari was glaring at him, her eyes moist.

"Don't you dare," she whispered, breathing heavily. "Don't you dare even think about it."

Shikamaru gulped, his eyes widened as he tried to ask her non-verbally what was wrong. But she didn't get the message.

"W- What did I do?" He asked, terrified. She gave him a you-dare-to-ask-me face.

"No need to behave as if you don't know," she said coldly. "I know boys. The only thing they want, is money and s**. Whether the girl likes it or not, if they want it, they have it. Don't think I am one of those girls. I am not stupid.

Once I have learned a lesson, I will NEVER forget it. Never. And I learnt this the hard way, so even if I have amnesia, I believe even then I won't forget."

Shikamaru was confused. What was she talking about? Did something like that happen to her?

"I know your intentions," she sneered at him. "You want to take advantage of me, don't you? If a pretty girl is with you all alone, that's the only thing that runs through your dirty mind, isn't it?"

Shikamaru opened his mouth to protest but she cut him off.

"Don't try to fill me with lies," she said to him, her icy tone shooting daggers at him. "Why did you touch me then?"

"Because I realised you have a problem with my touch," said Shikamaru loudly. Temari's eyes widened. "I just wasn't sure, so I wanted to make sure. I didn't know that you will tell me... this."

Temari bit her lip, her eyes still holding suspicion. Shikamaru sighed.

"I am NOT like other guys," he stated. "I thought you would have noticed that by now. And why would I want money or s**? I have money, and I don't want to have s** with a girl I don't love."

Temari's eyes faltered.

"You are an amazing girl Temari," he said to her. "I have never seen a girl like you. I don't want your body. I want you. I don't really deserve you, I know that. You are something so great, I don't reach there.

But the thing is, if I can't get you to trust me and my touch, I can't get you anyway. I want you to feel safe with me."

Temari's eyes softened, but she quickly hardened them a bit.

"If we ever start dating," he said with a blush, "I'll personally make sure, that we won't have s** without your consent; let my desires go to hell."

"And why the hell would we be in a relationship?" She demanded. Shikamaru looked at her with a brave face.

"Because I like you," he said with a simple smile, that seemed to broken a small crack into Temari's walls. "So, can you trust me?"

"Sir, I am so sorry for being late," said the driver, who had just appeared. He sat in his place.

"It's okay, let's go," said Shikamaru, glancing at Temari, who was looking out of the window.

"Yes sir," he said. They drove off. Everybody was silent, and Shikamaru still waited for an answer.

They reached the apartment. Temari opened the door and stepped out. She turned around and gave him a smile.

"Maybe," she said, before turning and walking away to the building.

Her answer wasn't definite, but the smile on the Nara's face as they drove off, could hardly be missed.

-TBC-

Word Count : 1734

Whoo, longest!! And now we go back to the small sized chapters, because these chapters take me days to finish. Sorry for the late chapter! I got busy and nearly forgot!!

Also, thanks for the lovely comments and votes, guys! I love you all so much!!

~AnimeLover67

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro