4. Saftey in Numbers

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

(Spider POV)
I watch as Badger storms up to the brown haired girl. "If I'm not mistaken, you're the one who invaded our base!" She growled. The girl laughs. She has those black stripes under her eyes football players use. "Every man, woman, and child for them self right?" She laughs. "Why you little-!" Badger growls and moves toward her but Crossfire holds her back. "Chill B!" She says to her. "Ash! Jay! Stone! Unicorn! Mini! Restrain the trespassers!" The brunette commands and three more girls race inside. They point bats and spears at us and push us against a wall. "Ash?" Soot asks. "Jay?" Badger barks. "That is not your name!" The girl with short hair gives Badger the 'shut the hell up' look. "It is now!" She says. The Ash kid stays back a bit. The brunette is our age but the girls are all younger by like, four years. One is way younger, maybe a fourth grader? The others are fifth or sixth graders. "What. The. Hell. Is going on?" I ask. "You really are dense aren't you?" The Burnett asks. "It's a raid you idiot," Badger growls. "You know..." a girl with long blond hair and a unicorn t-shirt whispers something to the brunette. She looks disapproving at first, then all for it. "I see...you," she pointed at Badger. "you seem in charge." "It's a group effort," Badger says through gritted teeth and the brunette rolls her eyes. "Well let's say you're in charge, mm Kay?" Badger rolls her own eyes but doesn't say anything. "Well, we'd like to make a deal. You obviously have plenty of room and you've got a good living here. We want to stay. But we don't know how this works. We let you go, you keep order, hell you can even stay in charge, but, you have to take care and treat us like your groupmates. Deal?" Badger growls as though the thought was unpleasant. "Deal," she grunts reluctantly and the girls let her shake the brunette's hand. Not before she spit in it though. I can't help but laugh. The brunette looks utterly disgusted. "You said to treat you like groupmates. This is how it works," Badger smirks. She yanks her hand back and wipes it on her sweatpants. "Let em go," she waves her uncontaminated hand at the girls who back away. The Ash kid hugs Soot. "Soot, can you and Spider give our guests a tour?" Badger asks, stressing the word, guests. We nod and they follow us. "I'm Soot and that's Spider. The small girl is Badger, the other girl is Crossfire, kid with green hair is James, the grey haired kid is Skull, the shortest one is Sandstorm, and the one in red and black is Bloodstain," Soot explains. The brunette nods, "I'm Jade, the girl with short hair is Jay, long blond is Unicorn, Ash is that one, that's Stone, and Mini." Jay looks so much like Badger, it's creepy. But she's a lot girlier and has brown eyes and messy hair. She has a small triangular scar on her forehead, like the less than symbol in math. Unicorn and Mini look like Jade but Unicorn is paler with lots of freckles and blond hair while the other two have light brown skin and brown hair. Unicorn has jeans and a blue unicorn t-shirt, Mini has a solid pink shirt and jeans. Stone is an African American girl with a red shirt and dark brown hair tamed with pigtails that have little red plastic gems. Ash looks a lot like Soot but Ash's hair is lighter and her eyes are more brown rather that Soot's amber. "The girls can all stay down this hall and you can sleep here too if you want," I say, pointing down a wing used for kids when the place was a hospital. "All the rooms are cleaned and sheets are changed." Jade nods, "I'll stay here with them." I now realize all the invaders are girls. Like a girl coven or something. Like we need more girls! We show her the green house we grow our food, the living room, chore list, gates, armory, and library. Badger's sister seemed immensely interested in the library and armory, much like Badger her self. "We have classes here often," Soot says. "It's important to keep learning. It helps outside too." I nod agreeing. We regroup back in the living room and go over rules and re-readjust the chores.

Hey wazzup?!
Sorry this is late!!
And short!
Hope it was okay though and I'll work on another one!!
Thanks for putting up with my shenanigans this far.
Peace out dudes!!
-Bri

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro