6. Never Keep Secrets from the Group

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

(Bloodstain's POV)
I sit on my bed, flashes of the past coursing through my head. "ARGH!" I shout and punch my pillow. I knew the moment Crossfire described the person who pushed her was. I have to find Sandstorm. He's the only person who knows. I stand up and storm to his room. As I expected, he's sitting a desk doing impossible math problems and science stuff. "Sandstorm! Take a beak for a moment! I have to talk to you!" I say and he jumps, nearly knocking over a cylinder of green stuff. "Hey!" He shouts. With a grunt he sits on his bed and I plop down beside him. "Is it about Crossfire?" He asks. I almost, almost flush but stop myself. "Kinda," I grunt. "Remember how she said she was pushed?" Sandstorm looks away. "Do you think she did?" He asks quietly. I'm surprised. He's always the understanding one. Always sees the best. Always believes everything. "I mean, you know her pride. She could have just tripped and didn't want to admit it." I think he's as surprised as I am and certainly ashamed, judging by the way he won't meet my eyes. "What's wrong? You'd never say that," I say and he sighs. "Under other circumstances, no. But this whole thing, teaches you who to trust...what..." he sighs again and rubs his face. "I don't know...I just..." he trails off. "I believe her," I say in almost an angry tone, like I'm...defending her. He shakes his head. "Whatever you want to think, brother." "It was him. My brother. Maybe both of them," I blurt. His eyes widen. "It can't be! How do you know!" He asks in an urgent whisper. "I just know. It has to be," I say. "But...but he died! We have to tell Badger!" "No. We don't have to tell no one nothing." I narrow my eyes. "Stay here or go with me. Doesn't matter but I'm finding this ass hole." Sandstorm looks mad for a moment but doesn't say anything. I stand up and leave the room without another word. I walk to my own room and empty my backpack. I stuff in some cans of green beans, my favorite weapons which I narrowed down to five after an hour, my pink unicorn figure, and my origami boat along with some extra paper, just in case. I tuck a sword, dagger, and hand gun in various places. I'm stuffing a gun into my shoe when I hear someone at my door. "What do you think you're doing?" The someone demands. I stand straight but don't turn around. "I'm going...to wanted the garden," I say. The someone lets out an annoyed laugh. "Pfft yea, and you need your backpack for that." The someone steps inside. "I'll ask again, where are you going?" I turn to face Badger. "I'm going to find my brother," I say determinedly. "Sandy's down the hall so you can't be-" she stops, realization dawning on her. "No..." she breathes. "Yes. He's the one that pushed Crossfire. I'm sure of it." Under normal circumstances it wouldn't be a big deal, punch in he nose and no cold blood. Now, where one wrong move could get you killed, cutting someone in line for food is a calling to be walker food. Not to mention pushing a girl who's out of weapons to the ground out cold in the middle of a zombie horde. "But...I've heard the things you say about him...he'd have killed Crossfire for sure," Badger says, her face lined with worry and lack of sleep. I shake my head. "He knows I'm here. He's trying to lure me out." "Then you certainly can't go!" Badger protests. "I have to. After her getting attacked last week, there's no way he'll leave us alone. Not unless I go after him." I grab my bad and push past her but she grabs my arm. "You can't just leave her," she says. "She'll be pissed." "It's the only way to keep her safe!" I object and pull my arm away from her. "You can't! If you leave without us you can't come back!" She growls. The words sting. This place has sustained me since the outbreak. Not seeing my brother? Not seeing- I'm not going to finish that thought. I turn around. "You couldn't do that. I know you," I hiss. She narrows her eyes at me. "And you can't leave Crossfire. You can't leave alone." "I've been just fine alone my entire life!" I counter. "You won't survive out there! You can't fight off a horde alone! You need us!" She spits. I growl. I know she's right but my ego won't let me admit it. When I won't say anything, she straightens. "I'll go tell Crossfire and the others. Let me get my bag." She walks off and I shake my head. They don't know anything about my brother. He probably has Sandstorm's blood brothers at his heels too. There's now way they'll survive. So I have to go before they can follow me.

Hey wazzup?!
Seemed like a good place to end it. So...yea. Boom.
Hope you enjoyed it!
Peace out dudes!
-Bri

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro