10. Growing feelings

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Avni woke up to see Neil still sleeping. She felt a pang of guilt as she saw him sleeping in an uncomfortable position. Flashes of previous night came running in front of her eyes.

Just then Neil woke up and saw Avni starring at him. He got up and snapped his fingers in front of her.

I know I am handsome but that doesn't mean you stare at me.. Neil spoke as Avni glared at him.

Handsome my foot Mr. Tillu! Avni replied. Neil's eyes widened.

Hey! Don't call me that.. Neil replied. She smirked.

Call you what?

That.. Tillu.. Neil stammered as Avni broke into fits of laughter.

Ok Tillu.. I won't call Tillu now.. Avni giggled. Neil shot her a glare but then smiled at her.

How are you feeling now? He asked.

I am feeling better.. I am so sorry for last night.. I didn't mean to--

It's ok Avni.. I mean Ms. Avni.. Neil replied.

You can call me Avni.. she spoke as she got up from the bed. Neil nodded.

I have to leave.. mom dad would be worried.. Neil spoke. Avni nodded.

Avni came out of the shower dressed in a peach colour lehenga. She put on some makeup and let her hair lose. Soon she left for Karan's engagement.

She entered Karan's house to see the arrangements going on. She walked to Karan's room only to see him busy with his friends. She cleared her throat grabbing everyone's attention.

Avni yaar! I was waiting for you only.. karan smiled as he walked to her. He hugged her as she congratulated him. He introduced her to his friends.

After sometime his friends went leaving Karan and Avni alone. Karan adjusted his suit and looked at Avni.

So how was your dinner that day? Did Juhi say something.. karan asked. Avni fed him with everything that happened on that day.

Karan cursed under his breath. The hatred he had for Juhi increased by ten folds. He clenched his fists.

Karan it's ok.. Avni spoke softly. He looked at her.

No it's not ok Avni! You know what she did in the past with you.. what if she tries to harm you again? Karan asked angrily.

That was past karan.. I am not the same Avni anymore.. things have changed.. now she won't be able to do anything.. and I have you and priya na.. come on cheer up.. it's your engagement!! She replied with a smile. He nodded.

I am always there for you.. he replied as Avni smiled. They walked out of the room. Just then karan remembered something.

Avni.. you wait here.. I will bring the ring from my room.. karan spoke but Avni stopped him.

You go downstairs.. I will bring it.. Avni replied as he nodded.

She took the small velvet box from the table and walked downstairs. Her thoughts drifted to Juhi. Though she assured karan but her mind couldn't find peace. She had a bad feeling.

Her eyes widened as she skipped a step. She was about to land on her face but someone pulled her back by her wrist. She closed her eyes in fear.

Miss ajooba.. sambhalke..

Avni opened her eyes to find Neil smiling at her. She stepped back but slipped again as her dress got stuck in her heels. Neil pulled her back.

Careful! Neil muttered.

Leave me.. Avni spoke. He raised his brow at her.

If I leave you.. you would definitely go rolling down the stairs.. so should I leave you? Choice is yours.. Neil shrugged. He was about to leave her hand but Avni gripped it tight.

No no please.. Avni requested. He smirked and pulled her up. He bent down and removed her dress from the heel.

Don't worry Ms. Mehta.. I won't let you fall.. he winked at her. Her eyes widened a bit.

Don't dare to flirt with me Mr. Khanna.. your charms won't work here.. Avni spoke as she rolled her eyes at him.

So you mean I am handsome.. he replied with a sly smile. She looked at him as her nostrils flared.

Go to hell! She spoke and walked away. Neil smiled at her cuteness. He loved to tease her.

Soon the ceremony started. Karan and Priya exchanged rings as everyone clapped for them. Avni looked up at Neil who was standing besides priya. She could see him smiling heartily.

Her trail of thoughts broke when she heard karan speaking. She turned to him.

Good evening everyone! Thank you so much for joining us on our special day.. but this is not done yaar.. meri engagement hai aur no celebration.. come on.. start some music please.. he shouted as everyone smiled. He grabbed Avni's hand and pulled her on the stage while she whined.

Yaar come on avi.. no excuses today! Karan spoke. Avni looked at him and pouted.

Rehne do.. Inse kuch nahi ho payega.. Neil spoke with a smirk. Avni glared him.

Challenge on then Mr. Khanna.. Avni replied. Neil smiled internally as his plan worked.

The music played as Avni moved to the tunes. Karan pushed Neil on the stage. Neil looked at avni and a smile crept on his face.

Main Daalun Taal Pe Bhangra
Tu Bhi Gidda Paa Le
Chal Aisa Rang Jamaa De Hum
Ke Bane Sabhi Matwaale

Avni looked at Neil as he joined her on the dance floor. She sang along with him.

Mann Kahe Ki Main Le Aaun
Chaand Aur Taare Saare
Inn Haathon Par Main Chaand Rakhun
Iss Maang Mein Bhar Doon Taare

Hello Hello Tu Floor Pe Kab Hai Aayi
Ye Lo, Ye Lo, Badi Solid Masti Chaayi
Hello Hello Too Much Hai Tumne Lagayi
Ye Lo, Ye Lo, Control Karo Mere Bhai

Dhak-Dhak Dhak-Dhak Dhadke Ye Dil
Chhan Chhan Bole Amritsari Choodiyan
Raat Badi Hai Mastaani
Toh Dilbar Jaani Kar Le Gallan Goodiyan

Avni brought karan and priya on the stage to join with them.

Raat Badi Hai Mastaani

Neil walked around Avni as they locked their eyes together.

Yeh Nain Matakka Tera
Bhi Mujhe Bada Tadpaawe
Tu Dekhe Ajj Vi Dilbar Kudiye
Teer Sa Ek Chal Jaave
Aahaa..
Kar De Bin Piye Sharabi, Chehra Ter Gulabi
Koi Kyun Na Yamla Ban Jaave
Jo Itni Ho Betabi

Hello, Hello, Dil Dil Se Connect Karna
Ye Lo, Ye Lo, Yeh Baate Direct Karna

Dhak Dhak, Dhak Dhak, Dhadke Yeh Dil
Chhan-Chhan Bole Amritsari Chuidyan
Raat Badi Hai Mastaani
Toh Dilbar Jaani Kar Le Gallan Goodiyaan

Dhak Dhak, Dhak Dhak, Dhadke Yeh Dil
Chhan-Chhan Bole Amritsari Chuidyan
Raat Badi Hai Mastaani
Toh Dilbar Jaani Kar Le Gallan Goodiyaan

Soon their friends joined them. Just then Neil saw a boy staring at Avni. He could sense something wrong in his gaze.

Chana Chanak Tera Bhann Dunga Nakk
Main Kabootar Faseya Ki Hor Koi
Fase Hi Na Haay Fase Hi Na
Fase Hi Na Haay Fase Hi Na

He pulled Avni with him on the stage while she looked on confused. She raised her brows at him while he just shook his head. She brushed away her thoughts and looked at Karan and Priya who were smiling at each other.

Main Toh Chana Chanak Tera Bhann Dunga Nakk
Main Kabootar Faseya Ki
Hor Koi Fase Hi Na..
Main Kabootar Faseya Ki
Hor Koi Fase Hi Na..
Main Kabootar Faseya Ki
Hor Koi Fase Hi Na..

Ye Baat Na Maine Maani
Kyun Itni Khush Hai Diwaani
Tu Mujhko Aisi Kahaani Samjha De, Samjha De..

Ye Baat Hai Sabne Chaahi
Mile Janmon Ka Humraahi
Yahaan Hua Hai Kuch Aisa Hi
Samjhe Na Samjhe Na O Ho..

Ab Main Jaana Keh Rahi Ho Kya Fasaana Ho Ho.
Pyaar Karne Se Bhi Mushqil Hai Nibhaana Ho Ho

Hello Hello Don't Mind Mera Hai Kehna
Ye Lo, Ye Lo, Zara Mere Touch Mein Rehna

Karan twirled Avni who was smiling heartily. He moved in the tunes with her. He was at peace when he saw her smiling.

Raat Badi Hai Mastaani
Raat Badi Hai Mastaani

Raat Badi Hai Mastaani Ee Ee
Raat Badi Hai Mastaani
Koi Dilbar Jaani Kar Le Gallan Goodiyan

O Marjaana Oye...

After the dance Neil excused himself and walked to the water counter. The cold liquid soothed his throat. His thoughts wandered back to the event.

What is happening to me? Why did I feel bad when someone looked at her like that? Uff Neil.. he thought.

He brushed away his thoughts and joined his friends. He got busy in a conversation with them.

After sometime he walked to Priya was speaking to Avni and Karan. He smiled at her.

Hey babe.. Neil called. She gave him a friendly hug and smiled at him widely.

Hey handsome.. I am glad you came.. I thought you wouldn't come.. Priya replied.

Oh come on.. you called so I had to come.. he spoke as Priya laughed.

You already met Karan.. and she is Avni Mehta.. my best friend.. she spoke. Neil looked at her.

And Avu.. this is Neil Khanna.. he was with me in Delhi University.. before I came to Bangalore.. priya spoke. Avni nodded.

We have already met.. Avni spoke. Priya raised her brows at her.

We are business partners.. she replied. Priya nodded. They spoke for a while and soon everyone started leaving.

Avni hugged the couple and bid adieu to them. She walked out of the house to find a taxi. She clicked her tongue in annoyance as she couldn't find any taxi at that time.

Just then Neil saw Avni waiting for the taxi. He came out of his car and walked to her.

What are you doing here? Neil asked.

Dance.. would you like to join? Avni replied in a disinterested tone. She felt her head throbbing in pain.

Come I will drop you.. it's 12 and you won't get a taxi now.. Neil spoke softly.

No thanks.. I will manage..

Listen Avni.. it's not safe to go alone at this time.. please I will drop you.. he replied. He was worried about her safety and couldn't let her go alone.

I am not a kid!! She retorted. He clicked his tongue in annoyance.

Fine I will call Karan then! He will drop you.. Neil spoke and took his mobile from the car. He was about to dial Karan's number but Avni stopped him. She didn't want to disturb him at that time.

Don't.. I will come with you.. she spoke tiredly. Neil opened the door for her and settled in his seat.

Avni was mumbling something the whole time. She didn't knew how Neil would come to her help everytime. She cursed her fate.

Neil looked at her and shook his head. Suddenly it started raining. Avni opened her window and let the rain drops splatter on her. Her lips curved into a smile.

Her smile turned mischievous as she looked at Neil. She took few drops and splattered it on Neil.

Avni! I am driving.. Neil scolded. She laughed at him as she took few drops in her hand. Neil looked at her and shook his head.

No Avni!!

Avni laughed as she threw the water droplets at him. Neil looked at her as his lips automatically curved into a smile.  Her smile fluttered his heart.

I am gonna take revenge for this Ms. Mehta! Neil replied. Avni smiled and shook her head.

Hope you guys enjoyed reading the chapter!

Do leave your reviews in the comment section below ❤️

Much love ❤️

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro