7. First Meet

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Avni came out of her car and looked at the building. She walked to the receptionist.

Good morning how may I help you? The receptionist asked politely.

I have an appointment with Mr. Prakash Khanna.. Avni replied.

May I know your name please? The receptionist asked while checking the appointment list.

Avni Mehta.. Avni replied and looked at her watch.

Sorry mam.. sir is in a meeting.. you can wait in the meeting room.. the receptionist replied. Avni nodded at her.

A lady guided her towards the meeting room. Just then her phone ringed.

Karan calling..

She smiled. Karan was with her from her college times. He was a fun loving person. He always made her mood better. He had a different place in her life.

Before she could speak anything, Karan started speaking from the other end.

Avni Avni.. there's a good news.. Karan said excitedly. Avni shook her head. He always had to disturb her during office times.

Karan.. I have told you right.. do not call me during office times.. Avni replied.

Come on Ms. Avni Mehta.. two minutes won't make a difference and don't spoil my mood now.. Karan replied.

Acha bolo.. Avni mumbled while looking at her watch. She hated late people.

Just then the peon served her juice. Avni smiled at him.

My engagement is fixed.. Me and Priya are getting engaged the next week.. Karan replied. Avni smiled hearing the news.

Sasur ji maan Gaye huh? Avni teased. Karan chuckled.

Ab humhe Kaun mana kar Sakta hai? Karan laughed. Avni shook her head while smiling and walked out of the meeting room. She had a meeting in next 1 hour and she had to rush.

But why so soon-- her voice trailed as she collided with someone. She lost her balance and the glass from her hand fell down breaking into pieces.

She closed her eyes in fear but she was pulled up before she could land on the ground. She opened her eyes slowly and saw a man in his mid- twenties. She looked down at her dress all stained in the juice. She pushed the man slightly and stepped back.

Can't you see and walk!? Avni asked sternly but the man seemed to be lost somewhere. She snapped her fingers in front of his face with irritation.

I am sorry mam.. the man apologized. The moment he saw her he froze. Her brown eyes captured his mind. He couldn't stop looking at her.

How will your sorry help my dress? Avni asked with irritation. Everything around her was pissing her off. First the meeting was delayed. Then her dress got stained.

Now how the hell was she going to attend the meeting like this!?

I said I am sorry.. the man replied politely. Avni gave him an annoyed look.

Neil's Pov

I came out of the meeting room and dad informed me that the owner of Mehta industries was going to come for the meeting. I nodded and called my PA as the meeting was at 11 and now it was 11:30. I shouldn't keep her waiting.

My PA informed me that she was waiting in the meeting room. I walked towards the meeting room. Just then I collided with a girl who just came out of the meeting room.

The glass in her hand broke down into pieces. I immediately held her hand and saved her from falling. Out of blue she started scolding me.

Listen Ms. I said I am sorry.. and its your fault too.. you shouldn't walk like this while speaking on the call . I said her. She could have injured herself.

What? Galti meri kese hui? She asked me. She looked too cute while scolding me. I chuckled.

It's impossible to make you understand! I teased her. She shot me a glare. I chuckled at her expressions.

And it's waste of time talking to you! Avni mumbled and turned to leave but she was pulled back by Neil. She was startled.

What the hell do you think you are doing Mr. ! Avni yelled at him. Neil pulled her close as she tried to get out of his grip.

Anger is not good for health Ms. Neil spoke softly. Avni looked at him and then turned her gaze.

Leave me! Avni mumbled. There was something different in his aura. She tried to wriggle out of his hold but he held her tightly.

He pointed towards the floor. Avni followed his gaze and looked at the pieces of glass shattered on the floor.

She would have injured herself if he hadn't saved her on time. Her eyes softened as she looked at Neil.

Umm.. you can leave me now.. Avni mumbled.

Pehle sorry.. Neil teased her. Avni pushed him away.

Never.. Avni said and walked away. Neil shook his head smiling.

Sorry toh Mai leke rahunga Ms. Ajooba.. Neil yelled from behind. Avni looked back and poked her tongue at him.

She made her way towards washroom and cleaned her dress. She looked at the mirror and found a smile at her face.

After so many years she found herself smiling. This time it wasn't forced. She shook her head and took the tissues and dried her dress.

Neil's PA guided her towards Prakash's cabin. Prakash greeted her with a smile and apologized for being late. Avni nodded with a smile.

They proceeded with the meeting and discussed about their new project.

I think we should set a meeting with the investors also.. Avni suggested. Prakash nodded.

I agree Ms. Mehta.. but before that we have to make few changes in the project.. prakash replied.

Okay Mr. Khanna.. I will mail you the details within this week.. and then we will work on the presentation.. Avni spoke.

Avni got up to leave. She shook her hands with him and turned to leave. Prakash walked her towards the lift.

Just then he spot Neil speaking to an employee. He stopped Avni and called Neil.

Avni ji meet my son.. he is my partner in this project.. Prakash spoke with a smile.

Avni turned her gaze towards Neil. Her eyes widened with shock. Neil had a smile on his face.

Neil Khanna.. Neil spoke as he forwarded his hand. Avni was still in shock. She thought him to be an employee.

Avni.. Avni Mehta.. Avni replied and forwarded her hand.

Nice to meet you Ms. Mehta.. Neil replied. Avni tried to withdrew her hand but Neil held it tight. He just wanted to tease her. She looked at his hand and then at him.

He left her hand and smiled at his dad. Avni cleared her throat.

I think I should leave.. I have a meeting now.. Avni spoke. Prakash nodded.

Avni smiled at him and walked towards the elevator. Neil followed her as he had to go somewhere.

He bid bye to Prakash and followed her. Avni looked at him and raised her brow.

I will accompany you till downstairs.. Neil spoke as pressed the buttons. The lift started moving. Avni was busy in her phone and Neil was busy looking at her.

So Ms. Mehta? Or Mrs? Neil teased her as she turned to look at him.

None of your business Mr. Neil! Avni spoke and turned her gaze back to her phone.

So you are single.. Neil winked at her.

And not ready to mingle.. Avni spoke sternly.

Ouchh.. it hurt! Neil spoke dramatically. Avni shot him a glare. The lift came to a halt and Avni walked out. Neil walked behind her.

Avni stopped and looked at him. He raised his brow at her.

Are you gonna accompany me everywhere now!? Avni asked with irritation.

Exit is the same for everyone Ms. Mehta! Neil teased her. Avni quickly turned her gaze and started walking towards her car. She regretted asking such a dumb question!

Atleast say a bye.. Neil spoke from behind. Avni passed him a disinterested look.

Not interested.. and ya next time don't try to flirt with me or I will have to remind you that I am well practiced in martial arts! Avni spoke and walked away.

Ouchh!! Neil spoke dramatically and looked at her retreating figure. He smiled and went towards his car. He saw her mumbling something to herself.

Probably cursing him!!

Neil chuckled at his own thoughts.

Monkey!! Avni mumbled and walked to her car. Neil heard her and laughed. Avni turned to him.

Monkeys are cute.. aren't they? Neil laughed as he saw her face turning red. She quickly sat in the car and drove away.

Hope you'll enjoyed Avneil's first meet! Don't forget to leave your reviews in the comment section below.

Much love ❤️❤️

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro