Chiều cao dòng

"A thousand tears have been shed by you,
To become the person you are today.
People don't look at your struggles,
They look for your success."

----

[A/N POV]

(An hour before)

She looked in the direction of her colleague who went to take out the car. She was about to go when she was called by her boss who wanted to discuss some important matters with her. With a deep sigh she called Jaehoon and asked him to wait for sometime in the parking area. She entered her boss's cabin after knocking two times on beautifully furnished door.

"Yes sir what's the matter?" She enquired politely.

"Oh you're here. I just want to say that, since this is the first time you're holding onto a celebrity case, make sure there's no tabloids or fake news spreading anywhere."

"Sure sir you can entrust me in that. If there's nothing else I'll take my leave." She bowed in respect and he nodded giving her permission to leave.

She entered her room only to see a woman most probably in her fortys' waiting for her sitting on the chair. Y/N instantly recognised her junior in work.

"Is there anything I can help you with Mrs. Kwon?" She asked with the signature cold tone whilst taking a seat opposite to her.

"Hello Miss Min. There's nothing much, I just want your signature on these files to execute further investigation on the cases. These were handled by you previously, but as you got occupied in Jungkook's case so they are been shifted to us." She said with a warm smile on her face.

"Ah sure. I guess I'm making you guys work a lot at this rate. There are almost eight cases to be handled by me. Would you all be able to do them without getting overworked?" She asked guenuienly with care to the lady.

"Miss Min you worry a lot. We're a group of four people so two cases on each person, ofcourse we'll be able to handle it. Not as good as you, but yes I'll try my best!" The lady said with determination gushing out her words .

"Fine I trust you in that. If you feel pressurized do tell me at that instant."

"Sure Miss I will."

"By the way, how is your son doing? I saw him when he was in elementary school" She said trying to remember the face of her son.

"He's well and good, studying hard." The lady giggled thinking about her hardworking son.

"It's nice then. Don't overwork much, spend some time with him."

"Yes ma'am. Thankyou. Then, I'll take my leave."

She smiled looking at the backside of the woman who turned her heels and went for work.

Y/N instantly called her assistant.

"Take the pendrive from my locker. I texted you the password and make a copy of it asap." She ordered.

"Sure ma'am I will do it." The other side assured her.

With this she took her belongings and finally left towards the parking area where Jaehoon was waiting for her. She got into the car and saw him seeing some news on his mobile.

"What are you doing? Killing time?" She asked.

"No miss. It's been half an hour since I'm waiting for you so I thought to take a look on our opponents' information" He said still focused on his phone.

"And what information you got?" She asked raising one brow in suspicion.

"Firstly, our opponent is a strong candidate but I guess we'll deal with it somehow. Secondly, since the news of two huge entertainment companies fighting a lawsuit has become a hot topic throughout the nation and even worldwide attracting all kinds of weird, saesangs. Seeing this, YJN and Hybe has increased the security to an enormous level, that's a fact. But do you know what's the most interesting part here?" He said with a grin.

"What?"

"The employees of YJN are leaving the company instead of supporting them. Don't you find that fishy?" He asked curiously

"Well let me tell you something. YJN is no longer a mere entertainment company, it has rather become a place for gangsters to spread their fangs on ofcourse with the help of our dear chairperson of YJN who just wants any other artist reaching to success dead." She said with confidence and not a drop of fear appeared on her flawless face.

"What? How can they? How?" He asked flabbergasted.

" I guess you've read the files right?"

She explained him the further when her phone rang. She checked the caller ID indicating her assistant is calling her and swiftly picked up the call.

"Ma'am we are in huge trouble! The pendrive is gone!" She shouted all panicked which caught Y/N off-guard.

"Huh? How can it be stolen? Only I know the password of the locker and I didn't texted you the passcode yet!" Sweat dripped off her face.

"Wait! this whole time, the only person who was with me was... Mrs. Kwon?!" She said thinking hard to recall, forgetting that the other person beside her can also hear what she said.

"Mrs. Kwon? She just went away home. Ma'am we don't have cameras in individual cabins, how will you prove that she took the pendrive?" The assistant asked getting more panicked.

"Calm down, Yumi. We'll do something. It's still not proved yet that she stole it. Do one thing, go to her house and check her belongings thoroughly, it's an order. " She confidently said to her assistant though she wasn't sanguine herself.

With a deep sigh she cut the call and took long breaths to calm herself while resting her head on the seat arms. The pair of hazel eyes still watching her each and every action closely.

"What'll we do now miss?" He asked trying to engulf what just happened.

"If there's no evidence we'll dig out some. Head towards Intelligence Agency of South Korea as initiated earlier." She said with a smirk plastered on her face.

He crouched his eyebrows in confusion as how can she be so calm and composed when such an important evidence that can flip the whole case has been stolen! He was honestly taken aback by her instantaneous change in attitude. But he can't say anything. Thus, he did as ordered by his superior.

It was as if he can't hold a grasp of what is going on inside her head. The way she became composed after just getting somewhat panicked was added on his list of 'Y/N - the mystery', which he probably can never solve.

The whole ride went silent.

In sometime they reached their destination and he opened the car door for her making sure her head doesn't bump into the roof.

The duo walked in together, in the halls of the Agency gaining stares as almost everyone knew Y/N and they also knew, whenever she has stepped foot into this place, she always had a devilish plan ready to be executed with the help of officers. They did respect her a lot.

After walking a few minutes and these hazel orbs glancing here and there because they saw the view of the South Korean Intelligence Agency for the first time, she saw Jin Young and Yoora waiting for her at the cafeteria. They waved at her.

The duo walked towards them and took a seat opposite to them. Jaehoon being the junior made sure to bow in respect and then sit.

"I guess I troubled you during break hour." She said fake apologizing, in a sweet tone.

"Y/N you can't apologise to us properly huh? What's with the sweetness in your voice?" Jin Young started to pick a fight with her, as usual.

"Yah! Yah! Jin Young stop it. It's fine Y/N~ So tell us what's the matter? You alright nowadays? We don't see you much." The mesmerizing beauty with straight black hair reaching her shoulders, making her look like a webtoon character, spoke in the cutest way any person can ever say. Care was reflected in her words.

"Stop sprinkling such stars of cuteness in front of me girl. I'm not falling for your act." She said unbothered, as she knew these two to the core.

"Hehe~ it's nice to act like a cute princess. People fall easily in my act except you. See, just like this hottie! Who is he by the way?"

She said flipping her whole character of hers into the real mature one. It was as if the stars around her got shadowed by the bright sunlight of her aura.

"H-Hottie?! Me? Huh?" Jaehoon asked flustered.

"Yes you! You are one such fine man. I don't know how? Y/N always gets surrounded by hotties like you! I'm jealous." Yoora said making him blush and more uncomfortable.

"You stop drooling over guys Yoora! Y/N what is it?" The tall handsome dude spoke while smacking Yoora in a playful manner.

"Well, nothing much. I just wanted to introduce you guys to Song Jaehoon. My partner in the highly awaited case of Jeon Jungkook."

"WHAT?! YOU'RE HANDLING THAT CASE? WHY?" They said in unison all shocked.

"Guys chill. You're scaring him." Y/N said motioning them to calm a bit.

Jaehoon introduced himself towards the two insanely attractive people. It was almost unbelievable that these two were working in the a field as risky as this than being an actor or model.

"Jaehoon. She's Yoora, a hacker working here and he's Jin Young chief of this agency. They'll be helping us in this case." She told him making him understand why he was introduced to them.

"Nice to meet you all." He said smiling a bit.

"Jaehoon I've a work for you. Use some connections from Hangang and make me land in a disguise near Sua or any other artist in YJN. Make sure it's confidential. We'll find our evidence there." She ordered him.

"Sure miss I'll take my leave then. I'll inform you about any information I get. We'll win, that's a fact!" He said determined.

He sprinted from that place and Y/N made eye contact with the duo.

"Looks like that's a fact is his catchphrase. He's cute and-"

"And vicious" Jin Young said cutting her words off and completing the statement. The vibes suddenly turned austere and serious.

"The way he was observing this whole area, the way he was kind of petrified to meet us and most importantly, you never make us meet with your colleagues unless and until you're suspicious about them." Yoora said implying to her words.

"You got it what I mean. There's something I can't discuss here, let's meet at 5 PM at our usual place." Y/N said sounding serious and then she instantly went away without waving them goodbye.

" Yoora, we've been caught in for some highly complicated case and she definitely knows something."

Jin Young said trying to grasp what exactly is going on here, while looking at the figure of Y/N moving away steadily through the doors.

----

[Y/N POV]

(4 PM)

I entered the passcode of the digital locker and entered the room, more like our secret hideout for discussing plans, which is Brother's house.

As soon as I opened the door my one in a million minion was there cooking. He saw me and instantly his panic- talks started.

"Y/N thank god you came early! Tell me what Jungkook likes! He's coming here for the first time-"

"Seriously oppa? You care for him more than me?!" I said sounding like a jealous kiddo.

"Yes. Who cares for a potato?" He smirked.

"Huh? I forgot. You and him share similar braincells, yah! I'm a beautiful potato, so respect me" I said shouting on him.

"Still a potato. Duh!" He counterattacked.

We had rounds of sibling arguments until we got know that.....

The. Food. Is. Burned.

"AHHHHHHH!!!!! THE FOOODDDDD!!!!" He screamed as if he has seen aliens conquering Earth.

"Oppa! Stop squealing like a weak girl! Calm your tits! I'll make something. You just stand there and pass me the ingredients." I said covering my ears urging him to lower his decibels. Man sure had that Dolby sound quality which may be the reason for my eardrums to burst today.

He finally took two deep breaths and stood near the counter while I was cooking cream pasta for everyone.

"So, what's the deal with the sudden featuring of all the civil servants and also a celebrity in my home sweet home?" He asked suspiciously while passing the salt towards me.

Brother sure grasps words quickly, for the fact he's a journalist. He must've understood there's something wrong, for which everyone's being here. I stared at him zoning out a bit.

"What's with the zoning out? This place has become more of a discussion area for you guys so ofcourse I know, if you're here there must be something important going on." He said effortlessly.

"Yeah you're right." I sighed .

"How's Jungkook in real life? I bet you're one lucky fan to listen to him singing live everyday." He asked trying to change the topic.

"Why do you ask?" I said snapping back at him whilst raising my brow.

"Why not? Afterall, my potato is his responsibility now. So, don't dodge the question."

His words sounded so sincere even if they were more like a sibling tease, still 'my potato' made a small smile crept up on my exhausted face. I turned off the stove and turned towards him.

"Brother you know, he's cold, heck cold in reality. Not rude but serious and many a times cute.

He smiles less in person. It's not like I have any problem with it but I'm just ranting out what I've seen in these three months with him. " I said trying to recollect what I noticed.

"Y/N I know how he treated you before this incident so you better stop cooking up stories about his good doings in front of me. Be honest. " He said sounding serious and more of hurt that his sister didn't bother to tell him what she was going through.

Seeing brother serious is a rare view.

" How did you-" I asked widening my eyes.

"How can I not notice the fakeness in your words? Y/N I know you more than anyone else.

I asked Manager and he told me everything. You don't tolerate rude people at all, but if you're bearing him, there must be a reason that's why I was silent till now."

He said placing his hand on mine and squeezing it a bit trying to help me relax a bit and speak it out.

"Oppa, I'll tell you everything so listen me out!

The way people want him to be, he's portraying himself like that. But what I've observed in all these months is that even if he's surrounded by so many people, still he's alone. So alone and depressed.

That's the reason why I don't ask him about work and neither I play any kind of songs at home because I know somewhere deep inside, he's fed up by all this." I said making eye contact with him a few times and telling him how are relationship is going from the beginning till now, each and every incident. He listened patiently.

"So you both are more like friends now right?" He enquired and I nodded in agreement.

"If me being his friend can give him a little happiness, then let me do that. Oppa, you know right?

There isn't a day I haven't cried my eyes out since our parents' death? I resisted myself from letting my tears off almost everyday when he ignored me, when he didn't eat well, when he got sick, even when this huge scandal blew up! I don't want him to get worried because of me than he already is.

I want that big, damn, huge luxurious mansion to be the place of tranquility and joy for the global superstar Jeon Jungkook."

I said honestly and unlocking all the emotions which were buried in my heart because I didn't had that one person to whom I can talk to , freely- my brother.

He instantly engulfed me into a tight hug and patting my back trying to console me.

"You're so thoughtful. I can see my sister became so mature. But you know what Y/N? Don't hide your emotions, let them out. He must know who you really are. Let him know what you want, you don't always have to be super conscious. Stop controlling your tears let them out in front of him, it's better to cry sometimes, you won't appear weak."

He said breaking the hug and patting my hair and I smiled. Brother always gives the best advice, I guess there are many parts in which I'm lacking.

"And yes. When things don't go well, you always have your brother to break his bones right?" He said playfully.

"He's an athletic person. I'm afraid you'll be the one whose bones are broken." I laughed listening to his peak confidence.

"Finally, potato is laughing after a long time. Mission Successful! And if he crosses the line, I just have a feeling he must've got slapped a few times right?" He said congratulating himself whilst speaking the truth and that sure moved me to the core.

He really does know me very well to the point he predicted what I've done to Jungkook when he was being a little disrespectful. I slyly nodded in agreement.

"By the way, I have something I want to gift him." He said showing me a black box and when he opened it, the newest limited edition camera came into view. It looked so chic.

"Gift? to him? Why? Don't tell me it's a bribe for knowing new unreleased songs!" I said playfully while placing my hand on my mouth.

"Well you're partially correct it is a bribe - for being good to my sister. Moreover, I always wanted to give him this. I know he's a sucker for cameras." Brother said smiling ear to ear.

"Thankyou for everything, oppa. I love you."

"Well, there's someone else who is worthy of the three magical words. And I know you've fallen hard for him." He said in teasing tone.

"Yah! Stop teasing me like that! " I blushed a little.

Before he could tease me more our siblings session got an end by the sound of doorbell indicating the most awaited people are here.

Looks like brother was overly excited to meet Jungkook , he literally was sprinting from the kitchen towards the hall like a girl whose lover has just returned from overseas after a couple of years.

"You're such a mood brother." I chuckled looking at his actions.

He opened the door and soon his excitement faded and the hypothetical sunshine halo around his head appeared to be changed to an icy cold one. He welcomed the people with disinterest.

"Hyung! We met you after almost a year! How are you?" Jin Young asked and hugged him excited.

"Nice to meet you oppa! But why your face looks withered like someone whose fiancé ran off from wedding?" She asked concerned. Well this was 'concern' in our dear Yoora's language.

"He was waiting for someone else." I said joining the conversation enjoying the scene in front of me, trying to control my laugh.

"His girlfriend?!" The duo asked in aghast.

"No. Dumbos. You'll get to know soon." I said playfully.

"Will you stand there forever or what?" Brother said sarcastically.

They were about to enter when we heard footsteps of another person or actually the most awaited, special, maybe I should say 'Chief Guest' according to my brother was here approaching towards us removing his black mask which was always intact on his face no matter what, for the first time. Ofcourse everyone's jaw dropped excluding me.

"J-Justin? Y/N he's Justin right? Your assistant and boyfriend as I interpreted? Yoora remember I told you about him?" Jin Young asked shocked not able to believe whom he was seeing in front of him. Yoora was speechless.

Jungkook approached us and I didn't let anyone speak any further, before removing all the confusions.

"Come on in." I ordered and everyone followed.

More like Jin Young and Yoora were goggle eyed more than anyone else on this planet, their faces said it all. As for brother, his lover oh sorry! His 'brother-in-law' is here.

"Y/N h-he looks like J-Jungkook." Yoora whispered loud enough for everyone to hear.

"I am Jeon Jungkook from BTS." The strawberry sealed lips finally opened up to speak in full confidence and he bowed in ninety degrees in respect, to everyone. I was standing beside him.

"Y/N don't tell me, this all time the person you were dating was The Jeon Jungkook!" Jin Young asked unable to get hold of himself, as seeing this very important in person is once in a lifetime chance to anyone and people like us were obviously rare to get in that list.

" We aren't dating each other-"

"We're married."

He said cutting me off in a mature tone, while holding my waist pulling me closer to himself making all the eyes widen like that of a tennis ball, including mine, for the nth time today.

This sudden burst of manly hormones might be the reason I faint today!

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Jungkook didn't had much parts in this chapter but the sole part he had, as a writer, I guess he stole the spotlight didn't he? ✌️😉

He will definitely do this 📸

Meme time!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro