71. T̶̶r̶̶u̶̶s̶̶t̶̶

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"This little string of trust broke between us."

----

Y/N was busy reading the files in her cabin when her phone rang and she picked it up, only to get surprised to hear the voice of her brother.

"Happy Birthday to my potato!" He screamed at the top of his lungs and she glanced at the date in the calendar soon realizing, it was her birthday.

Her eyes were covered with dark circles and her fingers had numerous cuts from paper, anyone could make out the exhaustion and gloominess on her face. She indulged herself in work and occasionally, met Sarang throughout the two weeks to keep off the despair and the events of that day from her mind.

But... The stupefaction was too much for her to handle.

She didn't speak anything to her brother for a moment as she blankly stared at the stack of papers kept on the table, spinning the pen in her hand, lost in her own world.

In the end, her said husband didn't have a conversation with her at all. She gave him enough time, but he appeared so normal.

Was he not ashamed?

Was it this fun to use her?

"Y/N?" Han Seok asked again on the call, bringing her out of her trance.

"Y-yes?" She stuttered, trying to remember the conversation they were having.

"I said something."

"What?" She asked uncertain because she was lost in her thoughts.

"I'm returning to South Korea, today. Let's celebrate your birthday together! How's Jungkook?" He questioned and the woman nibbled her lips trying to hold back her tears threatening to fall anytime soon.

"He's... good. Brother, don't come to our house. I'll come to yours." She replied in a low voice, thinking in between as his face instantly clicked on her mind and once again, the painful memories collided with her vision.

"Y/N, is everything alright?" Han Seok questioned again, recognizing the tone of her voice.

"Yes..." She replied, obviously lying.

'Everything's fucked up.' Her brain replied and a singleton tear washed off from her face, which she quickly brushed off with her palm.

"I'll meet you at your apartment, have a safe journey back home." She uttered and without letting him question any further, she cut the call.

She again emotionlessly gazed at those papers in front, unknown of the pair of eyes observing her for quite some time by now.

Jaehoon was standing in front of the door but he dared not to enter after seeing her shedding tears which made him wonder 'What happened?'.
He has seen Min Y/N worried, in despair, often lost in her world, vexed, savage, bold, anxious at times but tears?

He never saw her cry.

His palms clenched into fists ready to kill the person who was the reason for her vulnerable state.

Slowly, taking his chance he looked at the contents of her desk, when she went outside to attend the meeting and the ground swapped below his feet when he saw the papers kept on the desk.

Divorce papers.

Hers and Jungkook's.

"What in the world?!" He lowkey screamed in disbelief, looking at those and it took quite some time to believe that it was all true.

----

The mansion was festooned with roses, especially for Y/N who was at the law firm at present, unaware of the huge surprise awaiting for her at home.

The male didn't wish her till now, awaiting an ambush birthday party for her.

Jungkook especially designed all the embellishments for her birthday, ranging from lovely roses to the cake and delicacies prepared by the finest chef in the nation. He wasn't much used to giving surprise birthday bashes but his hyungs were of great help, each member garnished some or the part of the house making sure that it should be able to make Y/N happy.

They all noticed that joyous expression on Jungkook's face after a very long time, that expression which was somehow lost in the nerve-wracking journey of the past few years. To them, he appeared delighted, genuinely happy with Y/N and they all knew, he was profoundly in love with her.

"It's done! Finally!" There came the keen man's voice, who finally placed the confetti in its place, that it should shower when the woman entered. It was tied alongside a small thread, that if made contact with it, would result in falling off the stunning confetti showers.

Oh! His lips curved up to a delightful smile when he envisioned Y/N's expressions, her smile and her happiness when she enters.

He hoped everything would be perfect.

"Alright! Guys, we should just go out for now and let the couple have their time." Jimin prompted and the others laughed, agreeing to his statement while a blush crept upon Jungkook's face.

"You should probably go and pick her up from work, now. We'll be back in a couple of hours, then we can celebrate together. " Taehyung suggested and the younger checked his device, only to see his texts sent twelve hours ago were still unseen.

He sighed thinking she was way too caught up in work but soon, beamed joyously imagining her utterances when she came home.

After all, he's going to propose his love for her today.

But...

Were the feelings true?

----

Completing the final paperwork for today she closed the file and noticed it was time to clock off. Thus, she quickly picked up her belongings and went out as it was almost time when her brother would return home.

She glanced at her watch, well Jungkook's watch which he gave to her and once again, pain etched in her heart looking and reminiscing all the memories of the past few months. She quickly removed the watch from her hand with harsh movements and kept it inside her handbag.

She was so caught up in her grief that she didn't notice the figure standing in front of her until she saw his shining shoes and hazel orbs gazing at her.

"Can we talk for a moment?" He asked politely, his voice tinged with desperation. The woman was getting late but still, sensing the tone of his voice she gave in.

"What's the matter?" She questioned, perplexity visible on her face.

"Happy Birthday!" He uttered enthusiastically, a beautiful smile curved upon his lips as he slowly took out a small rose and handed it to the woman. She looked at the flower and then at him, trying to sink in the moment.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't find anything else in a hurry because I got to know it just a few moments ago..." He embarrassingly scuffed the back of his neck, as the woman emotionlessly gaped at him.

She looked at him for a good two minutes, slowly taking the rose from his hand and then spoke again, making his eyes widen in aghast.

"I'm aware of your feelings towards me."

"W-what?" A flustered expression made its way onto his face.

In all this mess, she realized it was high time to confront him and let him know that she could not be with him. She's aware of his feelings for a long time by now and she chose to ignore it but today, she wished to clear it once and for all.

"I know you harbour feelings for me, Jaehoon." She uttered.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable." He apologized, once again.

"It's alright. You're the first person who wished me on the face. Thank you for the efforts." She said, expressing her gratitude and chuckled sadly. Tears welled up as her eyes glistened and she sniffed unable to look in front because, somewhere or the other she hoped that these words to be said by her husband, the man she loves wholeheartedly.

The man who backstabbed her.

"Are you alright?" Jaehoon asked, concerned, snapping her back to reality.

"Yeah, I am." She replied, wiping her tears. It didn't take long for Jaehoon to understand why she was crying because earlier he had seen those divorce papers and he knew there was definitely something very wrong that happened with her.

'What the hell did this Jungkook bastard do to her?!' He screamed internally, unable to control his anger.

"I just want to sort out things between us. I don't harbour any feelings towards you, Jaehoon. You're a great man but I can't be with you, I... love–" She continued, standing on her point but the last words got stuck in her throat.

'Love'

She did love Jungkook, but it was so hard to say it out now.

Her love was slowly drifting away.

"Can I just say my feelings? I want to let this off. After all, you're the first woman who made me weak in the knees." He asked politely, earning a giggle from her and she finally smiled after a stressful and tiring week.

This man in front seemed really smitten by her, she knows it all and she's willing to give him a chance to let it all off because she didn't wish to have any misunderstandings with him in the future. The way he talked being so flustered, made a small chuckle escape her mouth.

"Can we shake hands ?" He prompted the idea and her lips pressed into a thin line. In the flash of a second, she pulled him into a hug, wrapping her arms around his neck and softly patting his back.

"Thank you for helping us, all this time and giving me the best gift of all– Sarang. I'll take good care of her, don't worry." She spoke out, smiling softly as he closed his eyes taking in a deep breath feeling the warmth of her body.

She knew maybe they didn't start on good terms, but Jaehoon was always kind towards her and so, he deserves her gratitude.

"I love you, Min Y/N." He finally spoke out, the world spinning around him felt as if it had stopped.

"I know." There came her voice, in such a sweet tone because he knew, she was just trying to clear everything.

He certainly, didn't deserve an angel like her in his hell but he was ready to sacrifice his hell for this angel.

Unfortunately, she wasn't with him to start with.

He knew Min Y/N would never accept him but he felt a strange feeling of elation, as if a weight had been lifted off his shoulders as he expressed his feelings, buried deep inside his heart. Her hands softly patting his back, giving him a reassuring and soothing feeling.

When was the last time someone hugged him with such great affection?

He couldn't quite recall.

His eyes glistened when the reality of the situation striked his head.

She slowly broke from the hug and portrayed a small smile, he could see she was trying to put on a smile which appeared so gloomy yet he didn't say anything.

"Thank you for the lovely gift." She sniffed the aromatic scent of the rose and they both parted their ways, on good terms.

She drove off somewhere but he stood still, trying to control his tears from falling.

'Maybe in some other life, I'll make you mine.' He thought to himself, chuckling sadly.

Both of them, unknown of the person who just now saw their moment unfolding and he definitely, heard everything in a totally wrong manner which created a huge misapprehension in his mind.

Jungkook's fists clenched on the steering as he drove back into his car. He came to pick up Y/N who was continuously ignoring his calls but the scene in front hit his last nerve.

How dare that man hit on his woman.

And why was she looking so joyous?

His mind lingered with self-doubt and flashbacks of his bitter past with this ex, etched up in his brain, opening a deep wound. Was he that worthless that every woman he has given his heart to, just... Uses him?

'Why did you do that, Y/N?!' He thought to himself and hit the steering with his tightened fists.

"I love you, Min Y/N."

"I know."

He saw that expression on her face, that lovable expression that she exclusively gave to him.

Is she cheating on him?

Where did it all go wrong?

His fists hardened as he called Y/N to return home ASAP. She blankly picked up his call, for the first time in the last two weeks and a scoff left from his mouth.

He just sternly ordered, "I want you at home by 11."

She hummed in response and cut the call, her mind too consumed by other thoughts to even notice the change in his tone.

----

As she walked inside the mansion, she could see the decoration of those beautiful red roses. Her brows furrowed in disarray but she chose to walk inside and talk to Jungkook, hoping maybe he wanted to talk about that day and maybe...

This all beautification is for her.

Maybe he remembered.

And maybe, he'll give an explanation.

But to her utmost astonishment, she saw him sitting on the couch with a glass of whiskey in his hand. His eyes made their way towards her, striking right into her soul and it's only now she understood that he appeared infuriated, the type of anger she never witnessed on his face as if he could kill someone with that rage.

Before she could say anything, he clanked the glass on the table and walked slowly towards her with predator-like steps. His each step created a dominance of his cold aura, as his hands were inside the pockets of the luxurious black suit he carried, vexation peering through his lashes, his eyes reddened with anger and the woman could notice, did he perhaps cry just now?

And he finally spoke out, his words jabbing straight into her soul. His words... so cold, so distant and so hurtful.

"Liked the confession you just received? Enjoyed two-timing, Jeon Y/N?"

POTATO'S NOTE:
They better apologise to each other.  🤺🤺

Meme time!

Wipe with lEaVeS?! 😂😂

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro