04, missing the same person

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

3068 Words

04, missing the same person

(hard to face reality- Justin Bieber & Jay electronica, Don't be afraid to stand alone
Don't be afraid to stand outside the door alone
I know it's hard to work from home)

I CLOSED THE BOOK I WAS reading leaving it on the side of my night stand before getting up and heading to the bathroom.

A part of me feels like something is missing but I can't get my hands on it. It's like a feeling of emptiness in me.

A part of me feels sad and heartbroken but I'm fine right now, I think. I'm not quite sure now, my feelings are everywhere. Everywhere where it isn't supposed to be. I heard a knock on my door making me turn and see my mother leaning against the door frame.

"Dinners ready." She said to me making me smile.

"I'll be down in a second." I said to her making her nod, she didn't leave making me sigh.

"Are you feeling okay?" She asked me making me turn my body facing her.

"Yeah, I am. I'm just a little tired," I said to her.

"You look sad than usual." She told me making me let out a slight small chuckle.

"I don't know." I immediately said. It was true, I didn't know what I'm feeling i feel empty.

"What's wrong? Talk to me." My mother said as she walked into my room and took a seat on the edge of the bed making me sit down next to her.

"It's-just..." I said let out a deep breath out.

"I feel like a piece of me is gone. Like it's empty. And I don't know why?" I said to her running my hands through my hair.

"What does it feel like the emptiness?" She asked me.

"Like, I'm broken, sad, devastated, it's empty." I said to her biting down my lips.

"I feel the urge to cry but I don't know why." I said to my mom as she grabbed a hold of my hand.

"Everyone has their reasons to cry." She said to me.

"Some don't and they let it all out." She told me with a tight smile.

"I know, but this feels so different, I want to cry but not because I have no reason." I said to my mom.

"I have a reason." I said to her but I looked down.

"But I don't get why I can't remember my reason." I said to her as she let out a sigh giving my hand a squeeze,

"you'll figure it out. You always will." She said to me giving me a kiss on the top of my head making me smile.

"Foods ready." She said to me before getting up.

"I'll be right there." I said to her as I watched her walk away from my room leaving me there questioning what has been running through my mind.

I turned my head a little looking to the ground with a frown making me get up. I saw a picture on the ground, I didn't even realize it was on the floor. I knelt down and grabbed it making me frown. It was just a picture of me, it felt empty in that picture. But I looked happy, say happier.

But it feels different now. I grabbed a clip and clip the picture back on the string I had that was full of different pictures, some where empty and some where with my friends but it had an empty spot don't know why, but I shrugged it off.

"Katherine!" I heard my dad yell.

"Dinner!" He yelled making me roll my eyes and let out a laugh.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back before walking out and heading downstairs with my family. They all took a seat.

"Finally, the dragon arrived." Hope said making me laugh at her.

"Shut up!" I said to her making dad glare at me.

"What did I say about the language?" He said raising his eyebrows at me.

"Don't use that bloody language in my house." I mimicked him with his accent making my aunt freya laugh.

"All right." He said rolling his eyes before everyone began to laugh at the table.

"This is really boring at this point." I whined to Lydia as she laughed at me.

"We are graduating this year. We won't be a senior again." Lydia said to me making me sigh, we are graduating, we are at last year of high school.

"Yeah, we are no longer going to hang." Lydia said.

"Oh, yeah we are!" I said to her, as we enter class. Malia was already sitting down I sat across from Malia and Lydia sat behind us.

"I'm impressed with most of you." Our teacher said to us as the bell rang.

"It really speaks to your study habit." she said walking up to us and handing us our work, i have an A+.

"and your commitment to your own education. Everyone else, see me for extra help." She said to as I turned to Malia who had a terrible grade, I could see that Malia was getting angry as she gripped the desk really harsh.

"Mrs, Fleming, um.." Lydia said as she tried to help Malia out but didn't end so well.

"I already told you, Lydia, I don't give extra credit for alternate equations based on your own theoretical findings." Ms. Fleming said before walking away.

"Well, okay, then." Lydia said to her before I looked down at Malia's hands her claws began to show.

"Malia." I whispered as she looked at our teacher.

"Malia. Claws. Claws, Malia." Lydia whispered to her before she exhaled and her hands went back to normal.

Since when did she ever loose control?

"Did you know that you could always ask us for help right?" I asked Malia as she glared at me.

"Oh, I'm just kidding." I said letting out an awkward chuckle, before turning back to my work.

"I love you." I heard a voice at the back of me making me turn around to look around but no one was there.

"Um... Ms. Fleming can I use the bathroom?" I asked her as she gave me a sigh.

"Katherine-," she told me.

"Please, period cramps." I said to her before everyone looked at me and I gave a tight smile before  she nodded her head and i immediately left the room. There's a weird feeling here, and I'm not sure what it is.

"Katherine, I love you." The voice said again making me turn around but there was no one in the corridors making me close my eyes and take a deep breath.

"Do you see him?" It said again as I kept hearing it. I don't know if I'm going crazy.

"Who?" I said.

"The guy on the horse?" The voice echoed as just small pieces of flashes flashed in my head before opening them once again and I realized I was no longer in the school corridor, I was at the parking lot.

I felt like something was leading me here, pulling me to walk with them.

"Come on," the voice said as I felt being pulled away before I heard a car beep and feeling my body being pulled back making me turn around, feeling my heart beating fast.

"Katherine, look out!" I heard Malia say to me.

"Are you okay?" She asked me making me pant.

"Yeah, yeah." I said to her.

"What the hell were you thinking walking the street without looking?" She asked me, making me turn back to the street and then back to her.

"Trying to remember." I said to her as she gave me a confused look.

"Remember what?" She asked me.

"I don't know."

"I keep having this feeling there's pieces missing. Holes in my memory." Scott said to Deaton.

"You are not the only one. It's like it's empty but there's something there." I said to him crossing my arms together.

"Like this. I took that from a windshield at the sheriffs impound lot but I can't remember why I was there." Scott told Deaton as he was looking at the windshield Scott brought with him.

Scott told me he was going to come here and I decided to tag along with him.

"The subconscious can be a conduit our memories. Dreams and waking dreams can be powerful tools to help us remember." Deaton said making Scott and I let out a sigh.

"Could it all be connected? The ghost riders, the wild hunt, the holes?" Scott asked him.

"The wild hunt are drawn to war and mayhem. I've never heard of it doing anything to anyone's memory," Deaton said.

"Yeah, well, probably the rules have change and it's messing with our memory now." I told to Deaton and Scott.

"It's almost like you have a form of phantom limb syndrome." Deaton said giving the windshield back to Scott.

"It's common in war. Amputees can have the sensation of an itch they can't scratch or a pain that couldn't possibly be there. The missing limb is so important, the brain acts like the limb's still there." Deaton said to us.

"So, my subconscious is trying to tell me what's missing?" Scott asked him.

"It may be." Deaton said to us.

"How on earth are we going to figure out what our subconscious trying to say?" I asked Deaton having no clue.

"Well, the easiest way to do that would be to simply go to sleep." Deaton said making me frown.

"Just sleep? That's it?" I asked him,

"yeah." Was all he said to us as Scott and I stared at each other.

"What the hell?" I said as I woke up from the ground as I look at my surroundings, I was no longer in my room anymore.

I immediately got up feeling the breeze of the coldness hit my body. Something about this place feels different-I don't know the right word for all I know there's something about this place.

I never knew about this place at all I never went further down from the beacon hills reserve at all, and I know damn well I would never come here alone at all especially at night. It's far too dangerous to be here if people could be after me.

Just being here alone makes me feel's goosebumps hit my body. I'm scared, never been scared but I'm scared now. Ever since what happened to me at the school basement.

I feel like someone's watching me and it creeps me out more. I immediately grabbed my phone as and I texted Scott.

Me : Scott, where are you? I'm at the beacon hills reserve, I need you to come pick me up rn.
Seen at 9:06pm

Baby alpha 🐺: I'm here too. What happened?
Seen at 9:10 pm 

Me: I-i don't know how to explain it but walk by where you see a sign a red sign I'll meet you there rn.
Seen at 9:12 pm

Baby alpha 🐺: okay, onmw!
Seen at 9:13 pm

I immediately put my phone away and walked towards the red sign I told Scott about,

how did I even know there was a red sign? I have no clue all I knew it was there and that's all. How did I get here? How did I figure this place out? Did I ever come here alone?

A lot of question hit my head and I want to answer them all but I don't know how to if I don't have the answer to any of them. I really hate this, not knowing what exactly is going on.

It terrifies me.

I few minutes later a was at the red sign I told Scott and I waited for him as I saw from close up a flash was coming near me making me slightly panic. I don't know if it's either Scott or someone else and that scares me. They began to come closer to me making my hands sweat. I was prepare to attack when I heard Scott's voice.

"Thank god it's you." I said to him placing my hand on my heart feeling it beat rapidly.

"I called Lydia she's close by." He told me.

"What about Malia?" I asked him before a car approached. Which was Lydia's.

"She's right there with Lydia." Scott told me.

"Do you have another hoodie?" I him making him nod, as he took off his jacket and handing it over to me.

"Thank you," I said to Scott as he gave me a nod before I watched Lydia and Malia come up to us.

"Hey, what's going on?" Lydia asked as Scott gave Lydia a flash light.

"I went to bed at home and I woke up out in the woods." Scott said to us.

"Yeah, same here. I woke up in the middle of the woods to a place I have no idea." I said to them as I was standing beside Scott and Malia and Lydia in front of us.

"About a mile out. I think there's a reason why this has happened. I've been out here before. It was the beginning of sophomore year." Scott said as we headed to where he was before I had him to meet me here.

"The night before tryouts for the first line. I remember because it was all that I could think about." Scott told us.

"What were you doing?" Malia asked him. "I was looking for a dead body." Scott replied. "That's morbid." Lydia said to him as we walked down further down.

"So then, what was I doing out here all alone? I wish I can help you, but I didn't know you then." Lydia said. "Yeah, too popular." I whispered making her roll her eyes. "I was still a coyote so I might've treat to eat it." Malia said.

"Deaton said that my subconscious is trying to tell me something. But I need you guys to help me figure out what it's saying." Scott said.

"Maybe you were just a curious teenager. You heard there was a body." Lydia said from behind Scott.

"But how? I never watched the news. And I didn't have a police scanner." Scott said to us making me shrug.

"Your mom works at the hospital." Malia said. "Maybe she got called and you overheard her?" Malia asked him. "My mom wasn't home that night." Scott said as he stopped turning to face us, "you probably saw police cars driving by and you went after them?" I said with a shrug.

"Nope, I couldn't." He said to us. "I live five miles away from here. How did I get here?" He questioned himself.

"You drove?" Malia asked him.

"I didn't have a car." Scott replied.

"You ran." Malia said making Scott shake his head.

"I couldn't have. I had asthma." Scott said before we began to walk again.

"I was hiding, but they knew that I was here."

"Maybe you made a ton of noise with your asthmatic breathing." Malia said after Scott.

"How would they know that it was me?" Scott asked Malia.

"Why would the sheriff even think that I would be out here?" Scott asked.

"Maybe you know the sheriff that well and knew you were a troubled kid." I said to Scott but he shook his head no,

"I wasn't a troubled kid at all." He said to me making me open my mouth before closing them not knowing what else to say.

"Because like most deaths in this town, it was related to the supernatural." Lydia said with a slight shrug.

"I wasn't supernatural. I mean, this was the night that I was bitten." Scott said making me snap my hands together.

"Right, when you were attacked and all those dears came running and you ran?" I asked him making him immediately tilt his head.

"How'd you know?" He asked me confused. "You told me." I simply said. "I never mentioned any of it to you at all." Scott said to me.

"Then who did?" I asked but he didn't know the answer to that either.

"I wasn't a werewolf yet. And I wasn't out here alone." Scott said.

"Then who was with you?" I asked him but he obviously didn't know the answer to that either.

"I know this sounds crazy." Scott said to us with a sigh.

"But I think I had a best friend." Scott said to us. I don't think that even sounds beyond crazy because I kinda of feel the same way.

"And I think he was out here with me that night." Scott said to us making Malia speak up.

"It doesn't sound crazy." Malia said.

"I know that someone chained me up and I think they wanted me to stay human." Malia said to us as lydia talk after her.

"yeah, and I think he was part of your pack closer to us." Lydia said making me let out a sigh.

"When I came to school this morning I was so sure I was supposed to do something. But, I can't remember what it was." I told them.

"And then I've heard a voice and I thought it was someone and now I've been looking for them all day." I said to them before I looked at Scott.

"Whoever it is, I think I loved him." I said to them letting out an instant sigh. As Scott looked at all of us back and forth.

"What if we're all missing the same person?" Scott said to us making me shrug my shoulder, I watched Scott take out something from his pocket and using the flash to show us a picture.

"I think that he was in this picture." Scott said making me look up at them before taking out a picture I had.

"And I think he was in this one with me too." I said to them as I watched their eyes move back and forth to the pictures.

"And he was sitting right there." Lydia said. "And here." Malia said pointing to the picture im holding.

We are missing the same person, someone I loved, and someone who I was close with.

Long from home. How do you guys like this chapter. They brought back her parents, really assholes of them for erasing Stiles. Anyways enjoy.
Xoxo, your fav 😘

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro