1 - The weirdest morning in my life

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

If anyone asked me about the weirdest day of my life, I'd probably have some problems with the answer. But not anymore. Because the answer was: "today"...

At the beginning, everything seemed to be as usual. Except the sun that woke me up... At first, I thought that my husband had forgotten about the curtains last night but then I realised that the sun was in a strange position as if it was above my face. That could mean that I was finally on my summer holidays! Yes! Holidays!

I stretched and that was the first moment, when I felt something was wrong. It was like my body was unlike mine. Alarmed, I opened my eyes.

A pink ceiling and a skylight above my head were the first things I saw. No wonder that the sun had woken me up... I turned right and my heart skipped a beat, when I realised where I was. My husband disappeared, everything was terribly pink, and I was in a bed on a mezzanine – which could be dreadful for a person with fear of heights, like me! And finally, it looked like I'd woken up in Marinette Dupain-Cheng's room, the main character of the "Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir" show...

'Don't panic!' I told myself and got up.

That only increased my panic. When I saw my body that wasn't mine, my heart began racing and I had a feeling that I was losing my mind! I supressed a frightened scream and ran down from the mezzanine. I remembered from the show that there should be a mirror somewhere there. I needed to see that!

And I saw it: a terrified pale Marinette's face staring at me...

What the hell had happened here?!

Yesterday – to be honest... today, because I'd finished writing after midnight – I went to sleep as Lena Klimka! Sure, I knew I shouldn't write that fanfic so late in night, but I couldn't stop when the story went so well in my head. However, that didn't explain my presence in this universe. The obvious explanation like 'it's just a dream' wasn't a case. Somehow, I knew it wasn't a dream.

My mind was like a spinning wheel. I was trying to figure out how I could appear in this unreal world and what I should do with myself now. If I was Marinette, probably I should go to school...

To school?! I'd been at school ages ago! And I barely spoke French! Only basics like weather or small talk...

"Je m'appelle Lena..." I muttered, observing myself in the mirror. Correction! Observing not myself but the character in whose body I'd woken up this morning. "Damn! Je m'appelle Marinette! Marinette for heaven's sake!"

"Marinette?" I heard a little voice somewhere in the room.

I looked around and froze.

Oh, sweet lord! Tikki in the flesh! God, she was so cute! A tiny red creature with black dots on its body – undoubtfully the Ladybug's kwami – flew closer to me and was looking at me carefully.

"Tikki!" I whispered delighted, not believing in what I was seeing.

"Are you all right?" kwami asked, when I was trying to calm down.

That was totally unreal and terribly real at the same time. I had to admit that it was funny for a moment – being in the show that I'd been watching for years. But my reason took command immediately. I was wondering what was happening at my home. Was there Marinette in my body? How long would I be here and how could I come back? And most importantly: how had it happened?!

"If I were you I'd hurry up, Marinette. Your classes are about to start..." Tikki reminded.

I looked at her astonished. I understood every single word, despite the fact that minutes before I couldn't say a simple 'My name is Lena...' Damn it! Marinette! My name is Marinette!

"I'm not sure if I should go to school today..." I mumbled under my breath, shocked by my fluent French.

"How many times do I have to repeat that you shouldn't bury your head in the sand? You need to face your problems."

"It's not about avoiding facing my problems, believe me. I just can put Marinette into troubles and she will never fix it..."

"I'm trying to understand what you've just said. Are you sure you're OK?"

"I need to focus..." I muttered and rubbed my forehead.

Maybe I was wrong and it was a dream? I'd had a few such realistic dreams before. Did it mean that I'd spent too much time on writing that fanfic and that impacted my subconsciousness? I should have stopped and gone to sleep earlier... I realised I spent too much time on writing fanfiction and now I could see the consequences. In result, I promised myself to take a break from fanfics for a while. My heart couldn't bare such sensations!

"Can you pinch me?" I asked. If it was a dream, I'd wake up and problem solved!

Tikki flew to my shoulder and pinched me. That was painful enough to convince me that my "dream" was the reality.

"Ouch!" I shrieked.

"Darling?" I heard from the lower floor.

Damn... That was Sabine! Er... My 'mum' rather...

'Calm down, Lena!' I called myself to order. 'Just play the role for a while. This dream-not-dream will end soon...'

"Coming! uhm... Mum!" I answered aloud.

'Just try to treat it like fun. Most of my readers would kill for such an opportunity. I can do it! Carpe diem!'

I approached to the wardrobe and took Marinette's daily clothes. To be honest, nothing else was there, but I had no time for the research. I had to hurry up to school.

I felt a strange sensation in my stomach when I was dressing someone else. My mind remembered my own body and here I was in someone else's – significantly younger than mine. I finally found my limits of absurdity... I kept telling myself that I should try acting until I found out anything...

With this resolution I went to the trapdoor.

"Marinette!" I heard behind my back.

I turned around and caught Tikki's concerned look. That reminded me about Marinette's purse that was the kwami's hiding place. Yeah, it wasn't easy to fit someone's shoes.

"Thanks, Tikki..." I whispered, taking the purse.

"Now, hurry up! It's about a quarter before classes start, and you have to eat something!"

"Right..." I nodded, yet I didn't feel I could eat anything. It was like I had a knot in my stomach. Like I was just before the high school finals. Unprepared.

I went down to the living room with a little kitchenette. Everything was nice looking and cosy, but I had no idea where the family stored all their belongings.

"Good morning, darling!" Sabine greeted me.

"Good morning... uhm... mum..." I mumbled still overwhelmed by the situation.

"Did you sleep well?"

"Very well. Until I woke up..."

"It sounds like you're in the mood, aren't you?" Sabine smiled. "Think positively, honey. It's Friday, so tomorrow you don't have to go to school."

I'd be more happy if anyone told me how I could come back home. However, I had to admit that Friday sounded much better than Monday...

"Actually, I don't feel well today... Maybe I could..." my voice faded when I caught Sabine's look.

"Marinette..." she sighed. "We've taught you that you shouldn't cheat. Besides, no lie can live forever."

"I know, I know..." I mumbled. I knew I'd told my daughter the same.

"Eat your breakfast, honey. You have fifteen minutes or so..."

I looked down at my plate. Here it was. A famous Dupain-Cheng croissant. A dream or not, I began to like this reality. At least, until I found the way back to my life.

The croissant was still warm and delicious. I always loved them but never before I'd tried such a perfect one! It tasted like heaven...

"Hurry up, honey!" Sabine said. "I'd prefer not to ground you again..."

I smiled when I recalled Marinette's parents pedagogic action – in 'Simon says'. I wish I'd be grounded right now! I wouldn't have to go to school and ruined Marinette's reputation... All I could do was try to stay invisible and unnoticed...

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro