Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

CHAPTER FOURTEEN || REVELATION

"Bella!" Violet's fist pounded against the door of the swan residences house, Her heart aching as he body shivered from the cold. Her wet clothes clinging to her body.

"Bella! Open the door! I know you're home and Charlie's on a fishing trip!" the door swung open as Violets fist surged forward again barely able to stop the movement in time to dodge Bella.

Bella stared at her cousin, The same Dull expression etched onto her face as she saw Violets frantic state, The anger rushing through Violets mind not easing as She gave up. She'd given up. Jacob was right. She was lying to everyone.

"I know Edwards a Vampire." Violet stated, Not a thought behind the words escaping her lips. She needed answers. And the only way to get those answers was to talk to Bella.

Bella's expression Dropped and Violets words as if Bella's world had shattered all over again at just the mention of Edward she ushered Violet into the house despite her dripping Clothes.

"I'm done with secrets. You better tell me everything right now. Everything about Edward and Jacob." Violet ordered with not an ounce of remorse or room for negotiation. She was done with guessing games.

"Jacob? You've seen him?" Bella urged wide eyed in confusion as to How Violet knew anything, And whether or not Jacob was okay.

"Yes And he told me about your Pale face Lover now spill." Bella's face deflated at Violets blunt stern tone before leading Both girls to the couch and The conversation began. A conversation that would shift Violets concept of reality. A Conversation that would shift the path her life was Taking.

Bella explained everything she knew, From the tribe, Legends and the facts. She explained the gruesome details Of James' attack, And all the horrifying details that followed. Every single thing Bella could remember she recited to her cousin Violet, All the way down to the story Jacob had told Bella on the beach... Violet didn't speak, She listened as her view on the world changed in a matter of moments.

Yet as the conversation finished, Or as Bella thought there was more. Both girls had earth shattering views on reality that would shift the others grasp on the world.

So it followed... Violet revealed Matteo's secret, The fact Matteo had been. werewolf since Scott had turned, She explained everything about What she had believed lycanthropy had meant, Violet explained the other creatures she'd found alone the way—The kanima. The shape you take reflects the person you are... Violets explanation was detailed yet there were still secrets she'd left out. She hadn't touched the topic of her mother, the secrets that lingered within her mothers death were too much to bare, Even after Jacobs stern words.

Violet knew the repercussions of her actions, She knew the Danger that came with Bella knowing about Matteo. Yet if Vampires had entered Bella's life once and almost killed her what was stopping them from doing it again... And in Violets mind, This way Bella would be Protected.

Yet she Also knew the anger that would follow, She knew what Matteo would say, and she knew the drastic measures he would take to prevent Both Bella and herself from being in danger. She knew Matteo wouldn't let her or Bella end up like their Mom.

Both Violet and Bella sat in silence, An agonising silence at that. A silence that rewires minds like grief, Like a wild fire jumping through branches of trees scorching everything it touched. The once-beautiful emerald green leaves turning to ash in the same way both girls realities had just crumbled.

They sat in silence for hours, Minds consumed with thoughts as they tried to comprehend the world for what it was... Vampire's, Monsters, Werewolves, Different types of werewolves... The thoughts were earth shattering. The two girls remained in a state of shock until their eyes refused to stay open and their minds had powered down, Exhausted from the information they'd learnt. the world was never what it seemed.

The next morning Violet had woken up on Bella's couch her views on the world having shifted, The shock both Girls felt having brought them Closer in a way, As if being honest was all they had needed for their relationship to grow, For a real friendship to blossom between the cousins.

Which to Violet's dismay had Led to her following Bella into the Depths of the Forest, Following Bella through the bright green leaves of the woods, while The girls Conversation remained on the secrets they'd be been hiding.

"So Matt? He doesn't change into a wolf?" Bella questioned as the two girls climbed over a few Logs to venture further into the abyss of Green.

"No, He kinda just looks fugly. His face sorta changes shape, His teeth turn into fangs— Well canine teeth. He gets these crazy arse sideburns and Claws" Violet shrugged as she explained the brunt of her Brothers transformation.

"oh- and he has like yellowish golden eyes" Violet added as the two girls continued walking, Each piece of information they learnt about each-others worlds sent them further into a state of shock.

"That's insane" Bella huffed in disbelief as she tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear as they reached a Field, A field where The memories Bella had of Edward hid. A place where Bella had convinced Violet to come to so she could Understand what Bella felt for him.

"Not as insane as vampires. Werewolves are living creatures" Bella's head jerked toward Violet as if her words had been offensive before they walked out into the field Bella's face dropping to one of agony as she took in the appearance of the field.

Dead, Brown grass and drooping flowers filled the once gorgeous and colourful field. Yet now it was Gone, Dead... Violet's expression softened as she examined the field before her attention fell on Bella, The hurt etched across her face as if the loss of flowers finalised the loss of Edward.

Bella returned to her Dull exterior from days prior, As if Violet wasn't there Bella stared straight through her. examining the field as if searching it for any signs of Life, Yet there was none. As if the dead field resembles the dull feeling of death in Bella's heart she fell to her knees clutching the brown Grass between her fingers.

"Bella? It's okay, We don't have to be here..." Violet crouched down beside her cousin Her hand reassuringly rubbing Bella's back unsure of what she could possibly do to ease the agony that was clear in Bella's eyes.

"No..." Bella whispered her cracking voice barely audible as Violets expression contorted with Pain for her cousin. To Violet, She didn't care if her, herself was hurting... She cared more about those around her.

"Bella" An eerie Voice Echoed through Violets ear's... A rush of nausea flooding Violets stomach as both girls Jumped to their feet staring in the direction of the voice.

A man, dreaded hair, dressed in a brown suit with no shirt beneath the Jacket. His eyes almost doll like as he stared through Violets Soul. A haunting sense of danger surging through her veins.

"Laurent" Bella gasped as she saw him, Nervousness lingering in her voice but not fear making Violet raise a brow as she took a step forward using herself as a barrier between Bella and the unfamiliar Man.

"I didn't expect to find you here... Or hmmm, This lovely lady" In seconds Laurent had crossed the field, Violet had barely processed the fact he'd moved... As if he'd moved so fast he'd teleported. Violets face fell as she realised he wasn't a man.

"I went to visit the Cullen's but their house is empty. I'm surprised they left you behind, aren't you sort of a pet of theirs" Laurent Explained as he stalked the Girls walking in slow circles around them, The unease on Violets chest rising as he got Closer. His words directed to Bella yet his eyes trained on Violet...

"She isn't anyone's Pet." Violet countered her heart racing as she stared into the devilish eyes of a predator, a predator unlike anything she'd ever faced before. Unlike anything she'd heard of. a soft chuckle escaped Laurent as he stared at Violet his nostrils Flaring.

"But you have one? a pet? i can smell it on you. Sad to know it's no where near" Laurent chuckled with a lopsided evil grin as he took a step toward the two girls, The hairs on the back of Violets neck standing tall as she stood her ground in front of Bella.

"do the Cullen's visit often?" He asked his own fingers interlocked with eachother as he waited for Bella's answer yet she stood still, Hesitating as she stared into the distance... Like she'd seen something...

"Yeah. All the time" Violet nodded trying to steady her heart rate unable to tell if he'd be able to see through her lies, He tutted tilting his head to the left as he stalked closer.

"I'll tell them that you stopped by" Bella added as she stood behind Violet an uncomfortable cloud of danger looming over the two girls a deep sense of regret growing in Violets stomach...

"I probably shouldn't... Edward he gets pretty protective." Bella continued trying to pass the lie yet the way her voice wavered caused Laurent's smile to grow with each passing second.

"But he's far away isn't he?" The Devilish man smirked with open palms as if trying to get the two girls to open up to him, Get them to trust him... But no way in hell was Violet falling for that.

"What are you doing here?" Bella accused unsure of how to get out of the situation... And after what Bella had revealed to Violet about Vampires the night prior Violet didn't have a single feasible plan in her mind.

"I came as a favour to Victoria... She asked me to see if you were still under the protection of the Cullens... Victoria Feels it's only fair to Kill Edwards mate, Given he killed hers. An eye for an Eye. Yet now she has two... You and you..." Laurent's eyes Traced over Violet as he offered a lopsided smirk eyeing her up as if she was a meal... and to him, she was...

"Edward would know who did it." Bella threatened, Her voice frantic as Violet took a breath ready to at least try and protect herself and her cousin.

"Not just Edward. I have friends too. Hunters, Banshee's. Wolves." Violet threatened  overdramatising the list of supernatural creatures she knew about, The list of people who were family.

"see... I don't think anyone will come after me" Laurent shook his head, His terrifying red eyes peering through Violet's soul...

"After all, How much could you mean to dear Edward if he left you here unprotected..." Laurent smirked as if his Meal was ready, As if waiters had just served up his favourite plate...

"Victoria won't be happy about me killing you... But i could Just kill one of you..." Laurent smirked his nostrils flaring as he stepped closer trying to decide which girl would serve him better. The look in his eyes sending an unpleasant shiver down Violet's spine.

Violet Blinked and Laurent's hands were cupping her cheeks, As if he'd teleported right infront of her she didn't get a chance to move away. Her heart beating so violently against her chest with fear, Her heart shaking her rib cage as she tried to stay calm.

"no! Please don't!" Bella begged As Violets life literally laid in the hands of a murderous Vampire, His crimson blood red eyes staring into Violet's soul as if he was already sucking the life from her body... His Ice cold hands planted against her face as he shushed Bella...

"Shhh, shhh, Nothing to be afraid of... It'll be over in an instant... You don't have to watch. This is a kindness, If Victoria got her hands on you two. She'd force you to watch her Kill this one slowly" Laurent whispered as he brushed his nose against Violets forehead, Like pinpricks tears grew in Violet's eyes, her palms growing clammy as Laurent threatened Bella, Convincing her this was the best option.

"I'll make it quick... I promise.  You will feel nothing." His voice almost matching the coldness of his hands as his breath forced breath feathered across Violets ear causing her to swallow the lump of fear that had risen in her throat.

A few subtle snaps echoed through the silence of the cold forest followed by a heavy deep growl,  a growl that was fuelled with anger as it rumbled through someone... Or something's chest. The noise Pulling Laurent's Attention from Violet as he stepped back in shock.

Violets head jerked in the direction of the sound and the sight took her breath away — Huge wolves, 9 foot long emerged from behind the shadows of trees and the forest under bush. Dark intelligent eyes gleamed with anger as they had their focus set on Laurent. Heavy growls echoing from their chests as they stepped out revealing themselves to the Vampire.

A gust of wind shocked Violet as It came from Laurent's Frantic run as he Escaped the Wolves; Each Wolf jumping into action rushing after the fleeing Vampire... Yet one wolf, A wolf with russet brown fur and dark October like eyes looked at Violet almost as if checking on her Before it sped off following the others....

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro