Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

CHAPTER SEVEN-TEEN || PACK

Violet got out of the passenger side of Bella's truck, Embry and Jared following suit getting off the truck bed as they came to a halt outside Emily's house— Sam's girlfriends house. Violet's thoughts remained on Jacob and knowing if he was okay as the two shirtless boys called out for the rest of the pack...

"Maybe i should go back? Check on Jake" Violet suggested as Bella nodded in agreement, Both of them worried for their Friend.

"Let Paul sink some teeth in him, serves him right" Jared laughed the situation only seeming like a source of entertainment between the boys as they begun walking toward the house.

"No way, Jacobs a natural. I got five that says Paul doesn't touch him." Embry countered as Violet and Bella watched their interactions, Both girls equally as confused as to how they found it amusing.

"Come on in girls. We won't bite" Embry turned back noticing both girls hesitant slow steps, Jared turned his head toward the girls with a chuckle; "speak for yourself"

"Oh yeah.. About Emily, Sam's fiancé. Don't stare, it bugs Sam." Embry warned just as Violet and Bella had reached the house. Violet nodded raising a brow confused as she Followed Bella and the Two boys inside.

"Why would i stare" Bella wondered, Earning no response from Embry as they entered the house. And only seconds later as the two girls followed the boys their eyes laid on why. Emily turned to face them, Giving the two boys Muffins.

"Who's this?" Emily questioned her eyes darting between the two girls who'd frozen at the door and Embry and Jared as they sunk their teeth into the food Emily had prepared.

"Violet and Bella who else?" Jared Chuckled as he sat at the table Beside Embry, Emily's expression changing as if she already knew of the two girls.

"so you're the vampire Girl?" Emily's eyes widened as she looked at Bella before a soft smile tugged at her lips as she looked toward Violet; "and you're the one Jake talks about"

"so you're the wolf girl" Violet countered with a friendly smile as she ventured further into the house, Bella hesitantly following her cousin as she approached the table the boys were sat at.

"I guess so" Emily chuckled softly as she glanced at Violet, Bella's mind racing as she stood awkwardly beside Violet.

"Well i'm engaged to one.." Emily smiled as she placed another Plate of Muffins on the table in-front of the boys, Jared instantly reaching out to grab another muffin only for Emily to stop him gripping his wrist.

"Save some for your brothers" She warned Inciting a sigh from Jared as he pulled his hand away from the pile of muffins and Emily added looking up at Bella and Violet: "And ladies first— Muffin?"

"uh sure, Thanks" Bella nodded as she stepped forward thankfully taking a Muffin from the plate while Emily looked at Violet who softly shook her head.

"No thank you" Violet smiled softly, She didn't have an Appetite, Not when she didn't know if Jacob was okay. She had to know he was okay first, That was her priority.

"Trust Jacob to find a way around Sam's gag order" Emily smiled as she turned back into the kitchen— Referring to how the girls knew about everything now.

"I already knew... Not about you guys. But i've known Wolves before, Jake didn't tell us." Violet nodded Brushing off Emily's comment, Violet couldn't fathom what she could say.. What she could reveal about the past, about what she knew.

"Yeah he didn't say anything to us, specifically" Bella Nodded as she looked down at the muffin in her hands unsure of how to carry the conversation.

"That's a wolf thing. Alphas orders get obeyed whether we want 'em to or not" Now that was different. that wasn't what Violet had known about Wolves, Or at least Matteo's species.

"Oh and Check it out, We can hear each-others thoughts" Violets eyes widened in shock at Embry's words as again everything she knew— or rather what she thought she knew about wolves came crumbling down.

"Would you shut up— these are trade secrets. damn it If you gotta say it just tell Violet— This chick runs with Vampires." Jared huffed as he looked up at Bella. In their Mind, Violet was Safe. Bella was Closer to the Cold ones..

"Well you can't really run with Vampires... Cause they're Fast."  Bella attempted a joke which incited a chuckle from Jared as he countered;

"Yeah?— We're faster. freaked out yet?" Violet chuckled softly at the insinuation that they could freak her out. They weren't even close, Wolves she'd always felt comfortable around. Maybe that was on Matteo and Scott but it was still the truth. But the thought of Vampires, Vampires freaked her out.

"Think it's funny?" Jared's eyes flickered to Violet as she shook her head.

"Werewolves are nothing, I don't know much about your type. But my type of wolves I know enough of them for it not to freak me out" Violet shrugged peaking Jared, Embry and Emily's interest. Emily making a mental note to bring up The way Violet had phrased that sentence to Sam later on in the day.

"Jake's right, You're good with weird" Another voice echoed through the house as Sam walked through the door catching Violets attention. Her eyes Glued to the door as Sam went to greet his fiancé. Violet waited— Waited for Jacob to appear at the door.

Then she saw him playfully shove Paul through the door before leaning against the door frame with a lopsided smile, His eyes trained on Violet. A smile automatically tugging at her lips as she saw him, He was okay.

Violet offered Emily a soft smile as she walked over to Jacob approaching the door. Jacob smiled as he stood straight following Violet onto the porch as she walked past him.

Violet turned to face him, A look of worry on his face as he waited for the accusations, The painful words he'd expected at the revelation he was a Werewolf. But they never came. Instead Violet pulled him into her arms. Hugging him, Jacob let out a breath he hadn't realised he was holding in as he hugged her back, His muscular arms wrapping around her filling her with the same comfort and warmth that had always flooded her veins in his presence.

"You scared the shit out of me— I'm so glad you're okay" She sighed into his shoulder, His warmth enveloping her in comfort as he smiled her hair tickling his nose yet he didn't care, All he cared about was being in the arms of the girl he cared about.

"I'm Glad You're okay" Jacob sighed into Violets hair before she broke the hug, Staring up into his daring brown eyes a soft smile tugging at her lips.

"Jake you know about Matt right?" She questioned trying to better understand the differences between the two, and what Jacob had meant days prior.

"He's a bitten half fledged and an omega" Jacob nodded, Violet's eyes widened having never heard half of the words leaving Jacobs lips, yet she nodded. He had to have been, Matteo was bitten and he was an omega and he definitely didn't change into a wolf in the same way Jacob and Paul had.

"I guess so..." Violet whispered her voice barely audible as she looked up at Jacob, He nodded his hand Gently brushing Violets arm as he looked back toward the door.

"Let's Get Bella, You both deserve more of an explanation" Jacob bit his lips preparing himself for the conversations ahead...

"She's still fully absorbed with Edward.. I'm Not sure how she's gonna take all this" Violet watched as Bella walked ahead of Her and Jacob, Bella still seemed to be processing everything she'd learnt over the past few days... First Matteo now Jacob.

"I know." Jacob sighed as a cloud of silence returned Lingering between the Three late teens as they walked down to the beach. Violet still processing what Jacob had Called Matteo while Jacob waited for the Fully processed reactions of Both Girls. Bracing himself for what was to come...

"So you're a werewolf?" Bella exclaimed once the shock finally began wearing off. The teens had reached the beach and Violet stared out at the sea, The beautiful waves that crashed into the rocks in the distance. The water breaking as if it was glass and she couldn't help but wonder how she was fully supposed to recover from the loss of her mom while fighting to keep everyone safe.

"Yeah. Last time i checked. a few lucky members of the tribe have the gene, Blood sucker moves in to town and the fever sets in" Jacob Explained his eyes on Violet as she stared out at the ocean while listening to Jacob explain his version of the world as he knew it.. Which again completely contradicted Violets world.

"Right? Mono" Bella scoffed almost a chuckle as she listened. New versions of the world within both girls grasps.

"Yeah i wish" Jacob chuckled as he walked between the two girls, His hand brushing against Violets as the walked causing a wave of warmth to consume her veins as the urge to hold his hand flooded her. Yet she didn't. She couldn't.

"Can't you find a way to just stop?" Bella suggested before she continued stopping in her tracks; "i mean it's wrong-"

Both Jacob and Violets heads jerking toward her, Bellas words coming across as in insult not only to Jacob but to Matteo, Scott, Isaac. Every good person Violet knew who happened to be a shape shifter.

"It's not a lifestyle choice Bella. I was born this way, i can't help it." Jacob counted defending himself from the cruel words Bella had thrown his way.

"You think that about Matt too?" Violet scoffed as she stood beside Jacob facing her cousin, While Bella shook her head standing to her word.

"you're such a hypocrite. what i'm not the right kind of monster for you?" Violet took a step back at Jacobs words, Maybe her anxiety laced mind had just analysed his sentence too fast but for her.. made Violet stop that think once again as familiar words echoed in her mind second choice.

"It's not what you are, It's not Matteo. It's what you do." Bella stared at Jacob looking up and down as she continued; "They never hurt anybody— You've killed people Jake"

Violet took another step back, That was news to her. Her head snapped toward Jacob waiting for his next words, yet he scoffed in disbelief.

"We're not killing anyone." Jacob shook his head his eyes flickering to Violet Hoping she'd believe his words, Hoping none of this would affect them.

"Then who is?" Bella questioned in disbelief, Violets mind replayed meeting the Vampire. Meeting Laurent.

"What we're trying to protect you both from. The only thing we do kill— Vampires." Jacob revealed Violets eyes meeting his as a sense of unease washed over her.

"Don't worry we can't touch your precious little Cullens unless they violate the treaty." Jacob scoffed as his eyes met Bella's once again. While Violet filled in the gaps of the puzzle she'd been trying to craft for weeks.

"That's not what i'm saying— You can't kill Vampires, They'll kill you" Bella revealed trying to make Jacob understand the potential dangers of Vampires. Her words fuelling the distaste Violet had already developed for Vampires.

"Really? We took out that leach with the dreads easy enough." Jacob rose his brows as his glance flickered to Violet as the reminder of how close she came to being Laurent's meal flashed in her mind.

"You killed him?" Violet questioned her eyes rounded as she stared up at Jacob who nodded; "Of course we did. He wanted to Kill you Vi."

"And his red headed girlfriend is next." Jacob added, While Violet remembered the stories Bella had told her days ago about James, victoria.

"Victoria's here?" Bella questioned a sense of panic consuming her voice as her eyes darted Between Violet and Jacob, The werewolf nodded.

"was. We chased her all the way to the Canadian border the other night. But she keeps coming back. We don't know what she's after, But she called me someone's pet " Jacob revealed causing Violet's brows to furrow.

"Laurent said i had a pet..." Jacobs eyes turned primal within seconds as he looked at Violet, What did that mean?

"I do. Me. She's after me. And maybe Violet now..." Jacob stared at Bella letting her words absorb into his brain before he looked at Violet swallowing the lump in his throat.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro