{16} - Picnic.

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

3 weeks later.....

Megan's P.O.V

I dressed myself in a plain orange sundress and powdered myself a little. I had dressed Amy in a matching sundress with white polka dots. I prepared some sandwiches and a few bottles of drinks and kept them in Amy's Dora The Explorer bag, together with my phone and purse.

Since Amy called Niall, Poppa, we've been going out a lot especially during the weekends. Niall told me that he wanted Amy to really feel what is like to have a happy family, like she wanted. I wasn't fond of the idea, again because Niall might have to leave us one day and leave me hanging, trying to keep hold of Amy. But as long as he's around and I can see the smile on Amy's face, I'll go with whatever it is.

"Momma, I think Poppa is outside. There's people knocking on the door. I can't reach," Amy said as she entered the kitchen with a pink floral clip in her hand.

"I'll get it," I told her and stroked her cheeks.

"Can you help me put this on? I see some hair," Amy asked, referring to the floral clip. I knew she would want to ask that.

"Yes, there are some hair already," I said, "But your hair is too thin to put that on." I could see the slight changes in Amy's face. I know how it feels like to not able to have something you wanted. At the same time, the knocks on the door were getting louder. "I'll get you a headband instead," I added and got out to the door.

"Hey," I greeted as I opened the door, revealing Niall in a white chinos and orange Polo Tee.

"God Megan. You took so long. I thought something happen," Niall responded in a panic tone.

"Nah. Amy just wanted something," I told him, "And did we decided on the same color?"

Niall calmed down and seemed to realized that we were wearing the same color dressing. Wait tills he sees Amy with the same color as well.

He started laughing and said, "Did we plan or something? But doesn't matter though, it's a have fun day today."

I chuckle at him being so excited. "Come on in, first," I said and let him enter before closing the door. I walked into the room to get one of Amy's headband that I've got for her years ago, before she had cancer. I don't know if she could still fit that on but I'll have to do something.

"Why do you look so glum?" I heard Niall asked Amy.

"Momma say I cannot put this on because my hair is too thin," Amy complaint. I immediately found an orange floral headband and brought it out to her.

"Oh look, see what Momma has in her hand," Niall said enthusiastically and it attracted Amy. I smiled and sat down next to Niall on the sofa and he took the headband from my hand. He tried it on Amy and I almost teared, seeing Amy in hair accessories for the first time. "There, it looks just good."

Amy ran into the room and I knew she wanted to check herself out, in the mirror. She came out a minute later and smiling sheepishly. "I look pretty," she complimented herself and I smiled. She's always pretty.

"Alright, shall we go now since you're pretty already?" Niall voiced out.

"Yes!" Amy replied loudly and ran to get her sandal. She learnt how to put it on by herself because she always gets impatient for me to come over and put it on for her.

"I'll go get my bag," I told Niall but stopped when Niall said, I don't need one.

"Why would you need a bag?"

"Well I remembered you said we're going for picnic so I prepared some sandwiches and drinks and I'll need a place to keep my belongings," I said, confused.

"Yes, we're going for picnic. But I didn't ask you to prepare anything. I've got it all ready."

"Momma, Poppa, hurry up!" Amy yelled from the front door.

"Tell you what," Niall started, quickly, "We can bring the food, and only food. You won't need anything else."

"Well I would still need my phone and purse...." I was cut-off.

"I can keep your phone for you. You won't need purse," he said sternly.

"But....."

"Momma, Poppa, can we go already?" Amy yelled again.

I groaned at Niall who wiggled his eyebrows. "Fine," I said and went into the kitchen to take out the sandwiches and my phone. I passed them all to Niall and we headed out. We went down, hand in hand with Amy in the middle.

"So, how are we gonna get there?" I asked and looked to the street.

"I rented a car," Niall stated simply and my head immediately whipped to him.

"You what?"

"I rented a car," Niall repeated.

"You serious? We're only going for picnic and you rented a car?"

"I rented with a driver as well," Niall informed me and I was loss of words. Niall could afford it all, but it really wasn't appropriate for him to use his money on us.

"Momma, Poppa, stop talking. I want to go," Amy whined.

Niall scooped Amy up from the ground and kissed her forehead, "Oh, I'm sorry. Blame your Momma for talking a lot. Come, let's go."

Niall led the way while talking to Amy about where we'll head to and how about we can go swimming some other days. He stopped in front of a Subaru Forester in silver and opened up the back door.

"Can I see at the front?" Amy asked. Amy loves sitting in the front of a vehicle. Whenever we took taxis, she would request to be seated in the front and I let her be as long as she promised to stay still and not move about when the car is moving.

"Can she, Momma?" Niall asked, turning to me.

"Yes she can, as long....."

"I don't move around when the car is moving," Amy finished it up for me. She heard that line from me numerous times already. Niall chuckled and placed Amy at the passenger seat. He buckled up the seatbelt for Amy before opening the back door for me.

"Thanks," I said.

"My pleasure," he replied with a wink when get got in next to me before turning to the driver, "The first destination, please."

The driver smiled through the mirror and started moving. He was at the age of thirties, I supposed, but still looking good and young. He drove for about half an hour before stopping at a carpark of a beach. Amy was quiet all long as she looked out of the window.

"Come on, we're here," Niall announced excitedly and I saw how Amy got really impatient to get out of the car.

We followed Niall out until to an area of the beach which had food and drinks lying on a piece of mat. "Told ya, I got it all ready," Niall whispered in my ear. I turned to him and smiled and mouthed a 'thank you'. He really have done a lot trying to make me and Amy, happy.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro