{7} - Can I have a kiss, Mr Horan?

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Megan's P.O.V

I washed the plates from Amy's lunch and went to grabbed one of Amy's princess sling bag and placed her water bottle and lunch box in it.

Yesterday, right before Niall left, Amy requested for three of us to go to the playground this afternoon. I felt bad for Niall because Amy was being too demanding about having him around and Niall on the other hand, seemed to just follow whatever that Amy wanted. Was he acting like me? Like how I wanted the best for Amy and never want to upset her?

"Momma, someone's at the door," Amy told me as she entered the kitchen. I had dressed her in a child's sweatpants in dark blue with a pink t-shirt so that it would be easier for her to move around at the playground.

"I'll get it. Thanks baby," I said and zipped the bag containing Amy's water and tidbits before going to the door.

There was another knock at the door before I opened it, revealing Niall in a brown chinos and a red polo t-shirt. I guess celebrity has to look good at all times, whenever they are and for whatever reason it is.

"Ready to go?" he asked and offered a smile.

"Yeah. I'll get Amy to wear her shoes," I said and wailed for Amy to come to the door. Niall gave her a hug and I smiled at the scene. Amy loves hug and she usually did it when she's excited or she's just sad.

She went to pick her one and only sport shoes and asked Niall to helped her put it on. I went back into the kitchen and grabbed my phone and wallet along with Amy's bag before going back to the door. I locked the door and three of us made our way to the lobby.

Amy's voice filled the surroundings as she told Niall how's the playground looks like and what they have there and how Niall and I couldn't play there because it's only for kids.

We reached the playground a few minutes later because it was located just next to the flat we stayed and Amy quickly voiced out, "There's no one at the playground."

"Well, that's a good thing," Niall stated, "Because you have lesser people to compete with who gets the slide first."

That managed to make Amy smiled and she pulled her hand away from my grip and walked quickly to the playground. She took the first slide and came back to us.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"There's no one to play with. It's boring," she answered and looked at the playground sadly.

"Well, I can play with you," Niall said and my eyes went off to him, "Yeah, I can play with you at the playground."

"But the playground only allows 12 years old and below," Amy told him and I smiled at her being so gullible.

"I'm 12 years old, just for today," Niall said and took off to the playground. I smiled down to Amy who looked at me with eyebrows frowning. I signaled for her to follow Niall and she did.

I found an empty bench nearby and sat on it. It was only 4:30 in the afternoon and kids would usually come over at about 5 to 6. I watched as Niall and Amy sat on the slide and they moved down together for a few times. I laughed at a part where Niall fell straight to the ground because of the force gravity from moving down the slide.

They then moved to the swing and I laughed again at Amy's attempt trying to push Niall on the swing. Niall then placed Amy on his lap and started moving the swing with his legs. They went on several times and I smiled at the tune of Amy's wonderful giggling. I would love to hear them everyday.

I moved my eyes away when I felt a vibration from Amy's bag. I took out my phone and looked at the reminder for tomorrow's date.

26 February.

My heart sank and I tried to control my tears. I couldn't cry. I wasn't allowed to and if I were to do it, not here in public and most of all not in front of Amy.

"Hey, you okay?"

I looked up to find Niall's blue orbs staring at me and I swallowed the lump that was forming in my throat.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I told him, "Why did you stop playing?"

"Well Amy said you looked lonely so she told me to accompany you instead of playing with her. And there's a kid over there playing with her," Niall said as he took the empty seat next to me. I looked over to Amy who was playing with another boy, younger than her.

"So, do you think we can bring Amy out again tomorrow?" Niall asked, tearing my attention away from Amy.

"Oh it's Monday tomorrow. I have work and Amy have school," I told him but leave about the plans I already have with Amy, unannounced.

"Oh I see. What time does Amy's school ends?"

"Around 4."

"I love being around her," Niall stated out of a sudden.

"Why?" I asked. Not that I wasn't happy that someone else other than myself loves being around her. I was just curious.

"I don't know. She's just so sweet. Like cupcakes," he said and I smiled at his answer, "Plus, I never had any sister."

"Oh. I bet Amy loves being around you too, Mr Horan," I said, with a teasing voice, "Ah anyway, are you the only child?"

"Oh nope. I have an older brother, Greg. Yourself?"

I remained silent. Thinking of what am I supposed to answer him. I rarely talked about my family to anyone and I don't intend to. To me, my family was dead and the only family I knew is Amy & I's family. No one else.

"Why don't you have hair?"

"Yesh, you look like a boy,"

My eyes quickly found Amy who was surrounded by 3 girls that I haven't seen before and the younger boy was now gone. I looked at Amy's pale face. I knew she was hurt by the comments made by the other 3 girls.

I got up from my seat and walked over to Amy and at the same time, another lady, slightly older than me walked over to the group of girls. I reached for Amy and wrapped my hands around her shoulder.

"I'm sorry. My nieces just blurt things out as and when they like," the lady said and I just nodded to her. She took all of the 3 girls with her and left the playground.

I knelt down and looked at Amy who had tears pricking from her eyes and I hate it. I hate to see her cry especially for this reason. Amy usually gets upset whenever people made comments about her being bald. I was about to say something when Amy just slammed her body to me and wrapped her arms around my neck and started crying.

"Hey sweetie, those girls do not know what they're talking about," I coaxed her. She remained silent and continued sobbing on my shoulder. "Come on, stop crying. We've been through this, right? Let's go somewhere else. Do you want ice-cream?"

I felt Amy shook her head and sigh softly. We have been through this a lot of times and it usually took up to 2-3 days for her mood to come back. The issue of her being bald has been a very sensitive issue. She used to asks me a lot of time why was she bald and I had to lie by saying that the medicines that she eats caused her hair to fall but it will get better. And everytime she has to undergo chemotherapy, she will begged not to go into the machine. And again, I had to lie by saying that everyone has to go through those machines when they're young.

But how long should I be lying to her? And even though now that cancer was gone, her hair will take some time to grow and I don't want her to be feeling down all time whenever someone were to make comments about she being bald.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw Niall walking towards us with Amy's bag in his hand. He knelt down next to me and I tilted my head a little to look at him. He was smiling. Seriously? Or did I read his expression wrongly?

"I feel like eating chicken. Do you wanna go eat chicken with me, Amy?" Niall started and I looked at him bewildered even though I knew he was trying to have Amy's attention.

And he succeeded. Amy pulled away from me and wiped off her tears. She exchanged glances between me and Niall before deciding, "I want to go home. Can I eat chicken at home?"

I smiled to her and nodded and I saw Niall did the same thing too. "Sure, we can. We'll just buy the chicken on the way home," Niall said and got up to his feet.

I got up too and looked down to Amy. She held her hands up to me, telling me to carry her. I pulled her and settled her on my hips and we started walking with Niall still carrying our bag. We stopped by a shop and Niall bought a Spring Chicken with some drumsticks before we headed home.

We had an early dinner together and the dinner wasn't lively at all. We remained silent and half of the time were Niall's voice trying to entertain and joked with Amy. But it didn't change any of Amy's mood.

After dinner, I put on the Alvin & The Chipmunks DVD and three of us settled ourselves on the sofa. Amy in between myself and Niall. It was barely half an hour when Amy requested for Niall and I to send her to bed.

"I want to sleep. I'm tired. Can you both send me to my room?"

I looked to Niall and nodded before answering Amy, "Alright, come on. Let's get you in bed."

Niall made the first move by picking Amy up and carried her till the door to her room. I opened the door and Niall entered before placing Amy gently on her bed. He pulled the duvet up to Amy's chest before making way for me to kiss Amy goodnight.

Niall waited at the door and I bent down to kiss Amy. "Have a good night, baby."

"Good night, Momma. I love you," Amy whispered.

"I love you too, baby," I replied. I placed a final kiss on Amy's forehead before getting up and ready to close the door.

"Wait," Amy said, raising her voice a little.

"What is it, sweetie?" I asked.

She bit her lip for a second before asking, "Can I have a kiss, Mr Horan?"

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro