35: SEPTEMBER 2018 - A Woman Scorned

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Park Jimin," Seokjin spat. "Who the hell is Park Jimin?"

Hoseok and Yoongi turned to look at each other. They met at Tavernesque after work. It had been a week since Luisa's party, and Seokjn was still livid.

"I told you that he's a new teacher at the school," Yoongi volunteered slowly.

"Yes, I know you told me," Seokjin hissed. "I meant who the hell is he to her? Why was he so touchy-feely with her last week? I don't like him. He doesn't look trustworthy. He looks like a fucking creep."

Hoseok sighed. "He's just a co-worker. Megan told me that Luisa's not dating him or anything. He works in her department. He was just being friendly."

"Oh, I'm sure he's very friendly," the handsome man grumbled.

"So, um, what exactly happened?" Yoongi asked, tapping his beer bottle with his fingertip. He seemed a bit anxious.

"Yeah," Hoseok chimed in. "Just tell her. I doubt she'll turn you down. You two have circled each other for so long now that it won't surprise anybody to see you together."

Yoongi nodded. "This is getting out of hand, Seokjin. Just ask her out."

"You heard her accusing me of having cheap, meaningless affairs. She seemed angry with me." Seokjin took a long swallow of beer.

"What do you think that meant?" Hoseok asked Yoongi.

"How would I know?" the shorter man replied.

"Well, you're married. You know better how strange women can be."

"Hey."

Seokjin slammed his bottle down on the table, startling them both. "She seems to think that I'm fucking around with someone, but I don't know where she would've gotten such an idea. There's no way she would've seen me with a woman because I haven't touched a female in ages. No one at work would've said anything because there's nothing to tell." He made an impatient sound. "At this rate, I can join a monastery. I've had no contact with another woman. Why would she say that I'm having an affair? Affair? You know I would never go near a married woman. I'll bet she thinks I'm messing around with someone at work."

Yoongi shook his head. "It's not someone from work."

The other two men stared at him.

"Well?" Seokjin prompted him.

"Well, Selina said that—and you will not breathe a word about this, okay?" Yoongi stared hard at both of them. At their nods, he continued: "Luisa told her you're still fooling around with Lydia."

"Lydia? Lydia?" Seokjin repeated incredulously. "What the hell? Why would she think that?"

Hoseok frowned. "How long since you've spoken to her?"

"Since July, I think. Since we called it quits. I even blocked her number. I've not said or heard a word from her since then." Seokjin's brow furrowed as he thought about it. "Why would she say that?"

Yoongi inhaled. "Lydia not so subtly told her that you were still having sex—"

"What?" Seokjin cut him off. "What do you mean she told her? When?"

Hoseok also seemed startled. "When did this happen? I didn't even know they talked." He glanced at Seokjin. "You should never let your women talk to each other, bro."

"They're not my women," the tall man snapped. "I mean, I'm not sleeping with either one of them right now. When did she even speak to Lydia? Yoongi, you know, don't you? Selina told you something."

Yoongi ducked his head a bit. "Calm down and I'll tell you what I know. So, on the day of her party, Sel and Meg told her that she would need to make the first move because you were an idiot—" he paused and smirked when Seokjin scoffed," —so they dolled her up to make her irresistible even to someone as dumb as you with the makeup and that dress—"

"Oh, yeah, that dress," Hoseok repeated with a grin that quickly disappeared when Seokjin scowled at him. He quickly brought his beer bottle to his lips.

Yoongi continued: "Up to that point, you were in. She was doing all that for you so that you would be attracted to her and finally make it official."

"I've always been attracted to her," Seokjin said. "I didn't know that she wanted us to be official. I guess I am dumb. But, of course, I would've said yes. With the dress or without the dress." He realized how that sounded and gave a little laugh. "You know what I meant. Anyway, what happened? Tell me."

"She saw Lydia coming out of your apartment, and Lydia told her that you guys were fucking even though you'd broken up." Yoongi shrugged.

"Lydia was coming out of my apartment? My apartment?" Seokjin repeated. "When? I swear I haven't seen her in months."

"Right before the dinner party."

Seokjin shook his head. "Before the party? No. It can't be. I didn't even go home that day. I went to the restaurant straight from work. I have no idea why Lydia would've been at my apartment. She certainly wasn't inside. She never had a key. I made sure of that."

"That's what Sel said," the shorter man concluded. "You two really need to talk. Sel also told me that Luisa pretended to be into that guy Jimin because she was angry at you. You need to clear things up."

"Yeah," Hoseok said, "before Luisa decides to do anything with that guy. A woman scorned and all that."

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned," Seokjin said under his breath. But he wasn't thinking of Luisa's scorn. It was Lydia's that concerned him.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro