07 : The depths of obsession

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

From the dining table, I watched Jasmine sleep peacefully on the couch. The soft glow of the lamp cast gentle shadows across her face, illuminating her features in a way that was both mesmerizing and serene.

Despite the urgency of my writing project, I found myself unable to tear my gaze away from her. The rhythmic rise and fall of her chest, the way her eyelids fluttered ever so slightly in her slumber – every movement, every breath, seemed to captivate me in ways I couldn't explain.

But even as I watched her, my mind was elsewhere, consumed by the intricate web of words and ideas swirling around in my head. My fingers moved across the keyboard with a sense of urgency, each keystroke bringing me closer to unlocking the secrets buried within the depths of my imagination.

But no matter how hard I tried to focus on my work, I couldn't shake the nagging feeling that something was amiss. It was as if a part of me remained tethered to Jasmine, drawn to her presence like a moth to a flame.

As the night wore on, I continued to write, the words flowing from my fingertips with an almost effortless grace. But with each passing moment, the line between reality and fiction blurred, until I could no longer distinguish between the two.

In the end, I knew that my obsession with Jasmine would always be there, lurking just beneath the surface, waiting to pull me back into its depths at a moment's notice. But for now, I had a story to tell, and nothing – not even the allure of Jasmine's sleeping form – could stand in my way.

As I delved deeper into my manuscript, I realized that merely getting Jasmine to open up to me wasn't enough. If I truly wanted to win her affection, I needed to think strategically and act with cunning precision.

With each stroke of my pen, I crafted scenes that would draw Jasmine in, weaving a tapestry of emotions designed to evoke a response from her. But as I wrote, I couldn't shake the feeling that there was something missing – a key ingredient that would unlock the door to her heart.

I mulled over various scenarios in my mind, searching for the perfect combination of words and actions that would make Jasmine see me in a new light. Perhaps a romantic gesture, or a heartfelt confession of my feelings – whatever it was, I knew it had to be bold and daring, something that would leave an indelible mark on her soul.

But as I pondered my next move, a sense of unease crept over me. What if my efforts were in vain? What if Jasmine never saw me as anything more than a friend? The thought sent a chill down my spine, but I refused to let it deter me.

For in matters of the heart, one must be willing to take risks, to lay bare their deepest desires and vulnerabilities in the hopes of finding true love. And though the path ahead was uncertain, I was determined to forge ahead, guided by the unwavering belief that destiny was on my side.

As I glanced down at my phone, a pang of guilt washed over me. The text from Taehyung served as a stark reminder of the delicate web of lies and deceit that I had woven around myself.

With a heavy heart, I composed a reply, careful to mask any hint of the truth behind a veil of concern and reassurance. After all, I couldn't afford to arouse suspicion – not when my carefully constructed façade hung in the balance.

"Everything's fine," I typed, my fingers hovering over the keys for a moment before hitting send. It was a simple enough response, yet beneath its surface lay a world of complexity and deceit.

As I watched the message disappear into the digital ether, I couldn't help but wonder how long I could maintain this charade. How long could I keep up the pretense before the truth came crashing down around me?

But for now, all I could do was wait – wait for Taehyung's reply, and pray that my carefully crafted lies held up under scrutiny.

Taehyung's reply came swiftly, his concern evident even through the screen of my phone. "Thanks for letting me know," he wrote. "Just make sure she's okay, okay?"

I felt a twinge of guilt as I read his message. Despite my best efforts to hide it, the weight of my deception was beginning to take its toll. Yet, I couldn't afford to waver now – not when I was so close to achieving my goals.

With a forced smile, I typed out a quick response. "Of course, I'll take good care of her," I promised, my words ringing hollow even to my own ears.

As I hit send, I couldn't shake the feeling that I was playing a dangerous game – one that could have dire consequences for us all. But in the end, my obsession with Jasmine blinded me to everything else, driving me ever onward towards my twisted desires.

"Regarding my contract, I don't think I can summarize it briefly," Taehyung wrote to me.

"Understood," I replied, feeling a surge of relief at the diversion from the topic of Jasmine. "Don't worry about it. We can discuss it in detail when you get back. Take care over there."

"Jungkook?" Jasmine called my name softly as she woke up. I turned to her. "What time is it now?"

"It's 3:48 am," I replied, glancing at the clock.

"Is something wrong?" I asked, concerned by the late hour.

Jasmine rubbed her eyes sleepily. "I had a nightmare," she admitted, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Want to talk about it?" I inquired gently, trying to sound reassuring.

She shook her head. "It's silly, really. Just a bad dream."

"Sometimes talking about it helps," I offered, wanting to be there for her in any way I could.

"It's fine, really. Thanks, though," she said, offering me a small smile.

I nodded, understanding her reluctance to share. "If you ever do want to talk, I'm here."

"Thanks, Jungkook," she murmured, settling back into the couch.

I returned to my computer, but my thoughts lingered on Jasmine and the vulnerability she had shown.

"Just go to your bedroom," I suggested softly, sensing she needed some space to rest.

Jasmine hesitated for a moment before nodding. "Okay, thank you," she murmured, getting up slowly from the couch.

I watched her disappear down the hallway, feeling a pang of concern for her. She seemed so fragile in that moment, and I couldn't shake the feeling that I needed to protect her.

"Your room is beside mine and Taehyung's," Jasmine pointed out, leading me to the adjacent bedroom.

"Yeah, I know," I replied, trying to sound nonchalant. "But I don't mind. I'm used to it."

She gave me a concerned look. "Are you sure? You seem a bit tense."

I shrugged, trying to play it off. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just a bit stressed about work, you know?"

Jasmine didn't look convinced, but she didn't press further. Instead, she gestured towards the bed. "Well, try to get some rest. You need it."

"Thanks," I said, offering her a small smile. "Goodnight, Jasmine."

"Goodnight, Jungkook," she replied, returning the smile before leaving the room.

"I'm just a bit stressed," I admitted to myself, sinking onto the bed. The weight of my actions weighed heavily on me, the realization sinking in that I was actively trying to come between my best friend and his wife. Despite my intentions, guilt gnawed at me, a constant reminder of the moral line I was crossing.

Closing my eyes, I tried to push the thoughts away, but they lingered, refusing to be ignored. How had I let things spiral to this point? I couldn't deny the growing obsession I felt towards Jasmine, but it was a dangerous path I was treading, one that could ultimately destroy everything I held dear.

With a heavy sigh, I resolved to push the thoughts aside for now and focus on the task at hand – getting some much-needed rest. Tomorrow would bring its own challenges, and I needed to be prepared. But deep down, I knew that the internal battle I was waging was far from over.

🌷🌷🌷

As I stumbled into consciousness, the glare of sunlight streaming through the windows served as a harsh reminder of my tardiness. My heart sank as I realized that I had overslept, a wave of panic coursing through me as I glanced at the clock. It was Monday, and I had crucial meetings scheduled to discuss the progress of my manuscript.

Hurriedly throwing off the covers, I dashed downstairs, my mind already racing with thoughts of the impending meetings. However, as I reached the bottom of the stairs, I was met with an unexpected sight.

There, in the living room, Jasmine was gracefully moving through a series of yoga poses, her movements fluid and serene against the backdrop of the morning light. A sense of calm washed over me as I watched her, momentarily forgetting the chaos of my own schedule.

"Good morning," she greeted me with a warm smile, pausing briefly in her practice to acknowledge my presence.

"Morning," I replied, my voice tinged with a hint of embarrassment at my own tardiness. "Sorry for oversleeping. I have meetings about my manuscript today."

Jasmine nodded understandingly, her expression sympathetic. "Don't worry about it. You can catch up. In the meantime, would you like some breakfast?"

Grateful for her understanding, I nodded, feeling a sense of relief wash over me. Despite the hectic start to the day, I couldn't help but feel grateful for Jasmine's calming presence, a reminder to slow down and take each moment as it comes.

"Thanks for the food," I said gratefully, returning her smile. "And thanks for letting me stay. It's been... nice."

Jasmine's smile widened at my words, and a sense of warmth settled over us. "I'm glad you're here," she said softly, her gaze meeting mine with an unspoken understanding.

As we sat down to breakfast together, the tension of the morning seemed to melt away, replaced by a newfound sense of ease and comfort in each other's company. Despite the challenges that lay ahead, I couldn't help but feel a glimmer of hope stirring within me, a belief that perhaps, amidst the chaos of our lives, there was still room for unexpected moments of connection and solace.

"I think I should get going now. If anything comes up, just let me know," I said, rising from my seat and gathering my things. There was a sense of reluctance in leaving, but I knew I had to focus on my own responsibilities and priorities.

Jasmine nodded understandingly, her expression tinged with a hint of sadness. "Thank you, Jungkook. I appreciate everything," she said softly, her eyes reflecting a mix of emotions.

With a final smile, I bid her farewell and made my way to the door. As I stepped outside, I couldn't shake the feeling that our encounter had left an indelible mark on both of us, forging a bond that transcended mere friendship. And as I headed back to my own life, I couldn't help but wonder what the future held for us both.

🌷🌷🌷

At my office, Jessica sauntered over to me with her usual chipper demeanor, greeting me as she always did. While I appreciated the gesture, I couldn't shake the feeling of discomfort that accompanied her presence. Jessica's perceptive gaze quickly honed in on the subtle shift in my mood, her keen eyes noting the faint traces of contentment that graced my expression.

"Jungkook, you seem unusually happy today," she remarked, her tone tinged with curiosity as she observed me.

I offered a nonchalant shrug, attempting to downplay the significance of my newfound happiness. "Just had a good weekend," I replied casually, hoping to steer the conversation away from any probing inquiries about my personal life.

However, Jessica's curiosity was not easily deterred. With a mischievous glint in her eyes, she pressed further, probing for details. "A good weekend, huh? Do tell," she urged, her curiosity piqued.

Reluctantly, I divulged a vague response, mentioning that I had spent time with a friend. Jessica's eyebrows raised in interest, a sly smile playing on her lips as she sensed an opportunity to uncover more information. "A friend, you say? Anyone I know?" she inquired, her tone teasing yet probing.

Feeling slightly uncomfortable under her scrutiny, I attempted to evade her questions, insisting that it was just someone from outside of work. However, Jessica wasn't one to let things go easily. With a knowing glint in her eyes, she brought up the recent sign event, reminding me of the encounter with Jasmine.

As the memory of Jasmine and our time together resurfaced in my mind, I couldn't help but feel a sense of warmth. Yet, the subtle undercurrent of jealousy emanating from Jessica's demeanor served as a stark reminder of the complexities of my situation. Despite my efforts to maintain a facade of normalcy, I couldn't shake the feeling of unease that lingered beneath the surface.

"That girl at the sign event, she's your friend's wife, am I right?" Jessica asked with a smirk.

"Yeah, that's her," I confirmed, my tone guarded as I tried to downplay the significance of the encounter.

Jessica's eyes widened in surprise, her curiosity further piqued by this revelation. "Really? I didn't realize she was married. She seemed quite friendly with you," she remarked, her tone laced with a hint of skepticism.

I offered a noncommittal shrug, attempting to brush off the observation. "Just a friendly acquaintance," I replied vaguely, hoping to divert Jessica's attention away from the topic.

However, Jessica's interest was now fully piqued, and she continued to press for details. "So, what's she like? Is she nice?" she inquired, her curiosity unabated.

I hesitated for a moment, carefully considering my response. "Yeah, she's nice," I replied cautiously, choosing my words carefully to avoid revealing too much.

Jessica seemed satisfied with my answer, but I couldn't shake the feeling of unease that settled in the pit of my stomach. As much as I tried to downplay the significance of my interaction with Jasmine, the memory of our time together continued to linger, casting a shadow over my thoughts.

"Seems like you like her, Jungkook. Don't forget she's your best friend's wife."

Jessica's words hit me like a cold shower. "I don't like her," I replied, trying to sound casual. "She's just a friend."

Jessica raised an eyebrow, clearly not buying it. "Come on, Jungkook. I know you better than that. I've seen the way you look at her."

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat, trying to maintain my composure. "Look, Jessica, it's not like that. Taehyung and Jasmine are happily married. I would never do anything to jeopardize that."

Jessica leaned back, studying me with a skeptical gaze. "I hope you're telling the truth, Jungkook. Because if not, you're playing with fire."

Her words hung in the air, weighing heavily on my conscience. I knew she was right, but I couldn't shake the growing obsession I felt for Jasmine.

"I'm here if you need someone," Jessica said, her hand inching closer. I felt uncomfortable, her touch unwelcome.

"Thanks, Jessica," I replied, subtly shifting away. "But I'm fine on my own."

She leaned in, her touch becoming more insistent. "I know you're going through a lot, Jungkook. You don't have to face it alone."

My discomfort grew, and I pulled back slightly. "I appreciate it, but really, I'm fine."

Jessica withdrew, a disappointed expression crossing her face. "Okay, Jungkook. Just know that I'm here if you ever change your mind."

As she walked away, I let out a sigh of relief, grateful to be free from her advances. Yet, as I returned to my work, thoughts of Jasmine lingered, her presence impossible to shake.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro