09 : Dream

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The relentless pounding on my door shattered the fragile peace of the morning, jolting me from my uneasy slumber. With a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach, I stumbled out of bed, my heart pounding in my chest as I made my way to the door.

As I swung it open, my worst fears were realized as I found myself face to face with Taehyung, his expression a mask of fury and disbelief. Beside him stood Jasmine, her eyes red-rimmed and swollen, a silent accusation in her gaze.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Taehyung's voice was low and dangerous, each word dripping with anger and betrayal. "Do you have any idea what you've done?"

I stood there, unable to meet his gaze, the weight of my guilt pressing down upon me like a leaden cloak. I knew that I had crossed a line, that my actions were inexcusable, but I couldn't find the words to explain myself.

Jasmine's voice broke through the tense silence, her words a mere whisper. "How could you do this to me? To us?"

I felt a lump form in my throat as I looked at her, the pain and betrayal written plainly on her face. I wanted to reach out to her, to beg for her forgiveness, but I knew that it was too late for that now.

With a heavy heart, I braced myself for the inevitable fallout, knowing that I had brought this upon myself through my own selfish actions. And as Taehyung's angry words washed over me like a tidal wave, I couldn't help but feel the crushing weight of my own guilt. He punched me.

As I jolted awake, the remnants of the dream still clung to my consciousness like a thick fog, my heart pounding in my chest as I struggled to separate reality from the twisted fantasies that had plagued my sleep. The echo of Taehyung's furious voice reverberated in my mind, and I couldn't shake the feeling of guilt and remorse that washed over me like a tidal wave.

With trembling hands, I reached up to touch my cheek, half-expecting to feel the sting of his punch, but there was nothing there except for the cold sweat that coated my skin. It took a moment for my racing heart to steady, for the panic to subside, and when I finally managed to catch my breath, I realized with a sinking feeling that I was alone in my darkened room, the only sound the steady rhythm of my own heartbeat.

It was just a dream, I reminded myself, forcing myself to take slow, steadying breaths as I tried to shake off the lingering sense of dread that clung to me like a shadow. But even as I tried to push the memories away, I couldn't help but wonder if there was some grain of truth buried within the twisted depths of my subconscious, if my deepest fears and desires were manifesting themselves in the form of haunting nightmares.

Shaken but determined to put the unsettling dream behind me, I forced myself to get out of bed and face the day ahead. But as I went about my morning routine, the memory of Taehyung's furious gaze and Jasmine's wounded expression lingered in the back of my mind, a constant reminder of the tangled web of deceit and betrayal that threatened to consume me.

As I cautiously approached the door, the events of the dream still fresh in my mind, I couldn't shake the feeling of unease that settled in the pit of my stomach like a heavy stone. With each step, the sound of my own heartbeat seemed to grow louder, echoing in my ears like a warning, and when I finally reached out to grasp the handle, my hand trembled with apprehension.

Swallowing hard, I pulled the door open slowly, half-expecting to be met with the wrathful gaze of Taehyung or the accusing eyes of Jasmine. But to my surprise and relief, it was only Jasmine standing on the other side, her expression a mix of fear and desperation that sent a shiver down my spine.

"Jasmine, what's wrong?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper as I took in her disheveled appearance and the haunted look in her eyes. She looked as though she had been running, her hair wild and her clothes rumpled, and I couldn't help but wonder what could have possibly driven her to my doorstep in such a state.

"I-I need your help," she stammered, her voice trembling as she struggled to find the words. "Something terrible has happened, and I don't know what to do."

My heart clenched at the sight of her distress, and without hesitation, I reached out to take her hand, offering what little comfort I could in the face of her obvious distress. "Come in," I said gently, guiding her inside and closing the door behind her. "You're safe here. Tell me what happened."

As I led Jasmine into the living room, my mind raced with a thousand questions and concerns, but I pushed them aside, focusing instead on the immediate task at hand: comforting her and making her feel safe. I handed her a glass of water and watched anxiously as she took a few shaky sips, her hands trembling as she held onto the glass.

"I think someone broke into my bedroom," she finally managed to say, her voice barely above a whisper as she glanced around the room with wide, frightened eyes. "The window was open when I woke up, and... and I don't know what to do."

My heart sank at her words, and a surge of anger and protectiveness rose up inside me, mingling with the fear and concern that had been gnawing at me since she first appeared at my door. Whoever had dared to invade her privacy in such a brazen manner would pay dearly for their actions, of that I was certain.

"Did you see anyone? Hear anything?" I asked, my voice low and urgent as I knelt down beside her, searching her face for any sign of reassurance. But she shook her head, her eyes welling up with tears as she struggled to find the words to describe the terror of waking up to find herself violated in such a way.

"It's okay," I murmured, reaching out to take her hand in mine. "You're safe now. I won't let anything happen to you." And as I spoke the words, I knew in my heart that I would do whatever it took to keep her safe, even if it meant facing the darkness that lurked in the shadows of my own mind.

"What should I do?" Jasmine asked me. "Should I tell Taehyung? But I don't want to make him worry about me." I agreed with her. Just don't tell him or he will fly back to Korea, and my plans will be destroyed.

"Can I stay at your house, Jungkook?" My heart beats so fast. I didn't know the plans of breaking into her house would make my plans easier.

"Of course, you can stay here, Jasmine," I replied, trying to maintain my composure despite the rush of excitement and nervousness coursing through me. "You'll be safe here."

Jasmine nodded, a mixture of relief and gratitude evident in her eyes. "Thank you, Jungkook. I really appreciate it."

"Don't mention it," I said, gesturing for her to sit down on the couch. "Make yourself comfortable. Would you like anything to drink?"

She shook her head, her expression still tense. "No, I'm fine, thank you. I just... I don't know what to do. I feel so scared."

I sat beside her, trying to offer what little comfort I could. "It's understandable to feel scared after something like this happens. But you're safe now. We'll figure out what to do."

"I just can't shake this feeling of dread," Jasmine admitted, her voice trembling slightly. "What if whoever broke in comes back?"

"We'll take precautions," I assured her, though inwardly I couldn't help but feel a surge of adrenaline at the thought of protecting her. "I'll make sure all the windows and doors are secure. And if anything happens, you can call me. I'll be right here."

Jasmine managed a small smile, her eyes still filled with uncertainty. "Thank you, Jungkook. I don't know what I would do without you."

I swallowed hard, trying to push down the guilt that threatened to overwhelm me. "You don't have to thank me. I'll always be here for you, Jasmine. Always."

As Jasmine recounted her frightening experience, I couldn't shake off the guilt gnawing at me. I listened intently, offering words of comfort and assurance. "I'm sorry you had to go through that," I said sincerely, trying to mask the turmoil within me. "Let me check around your house, make sure everything's secure."

I inspected every corner, every window, hoping to find some clue, anything to alleviate Jasmine's fear. But deep down, I knew I was the cause of her distress, my reckless actions leading to this unsettling intrusion.

After ensuring her safety, I returned to my own home, grappling with the weight of my obsession and the consequences of my actions. This incident was a wake-up call, a stark reminder of the dangers lurking in the shadows of my desires.

Despite my protests, Jasmine insisted on cooking dinner for me. Her stubbornness was both frustrating and endearing, a testament to her caring nature. As she bustled around the kitchen, preparing tteokbokki and stewed tofu, I couldn't help but admire her determination.

The aroma of the food filled the air, tantalizing my senses and stirring up memories of shared meals with friends and family. But this time was different – it was just the two of us, alone in my apartment, with an undercurrent of tension lingering between us.

As we sat down to eat, Jasmine's eyes sparkled with anticipation, eager for me to taste her cooking. Despite my initial reluctance, I found myself savoring every bite, each mouthful a testament to her culinary skills.

"Taehyung is so lucky to have you," Jasmine said, her smile tinged with bitterness. "I miss him."

Her words struck a chord within me, a reminder of the bond she shared with my best friend. Despite my own desires, I couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt at the thought of coming between them.

"I'm sure he misses you too," I replied, trying to offer some semblance of comfort. But deep down, I knew that my presence only served as a painful reminder of Taehyung's absence.

As we sat in silence, the weight of the situation hung heavy in the air, overshadowing the warmth of our earlier conversation. I wanted nothing more than to ease Jasmine's pain, to be the source of her comfort and happiness. But as much as I wished otherwise, I couldn't deny the truth – my feelings for her were tearing me apart, threatening to unravel the fragile threads of our friendship.

In that moment, I realized the true extent of my obsession – it wasn't just about possessing Jasmine, but about protecting her, even if it meant sacrificing my own happiness in the process. And as the night wore on, I couldn't shake the feeling that our lives were on a collision course, hurtling towards an inevitable reckoning that would change everything.

I led Jasmine to the bedroom, knowing it was my own but willing to offer it to her. As she stepped inside, I couldn't help but feel a pang of apprehension. This room held my most intimate thoughts, my deepest desires – secrets that I guarded fiercely, even from myself.

But as I watched her settle in, a sense of peace washed over me. Despite the turmoil raging within, I found solace in the knowledge that she was safe here, under my roof, under my watchful gaze.

"All yours," I said, forcing a smile as I gestured to the room. "Make yourself at home."

Jasmine offered me a grateful smile in return, her eyes reflecting a mixture of exhaustion and gratitude. I wanted to reassure her, to tell her that she could trust me, that I would protect her at all costs. But the words caught in my throat, choked by the weight of my own uncertainty.

Instead, I simply nodded, bidding her goodnight before retreating to the solitude of my own thoughts. As I lay in bed, the silence of the night enveloped me, offering no respite from the relentless tide of emotions crashing against the walls of my heart.

In the darkness, I grappled with the conflicting desires warring within me – the longing to possess her, to claim her as my own, and the fear of losing her, of shattering the fragile semblance of normalcy we had managed to build.

But amid the chaos, one thing remained clear – no matter the cost, I would do whatever it took to keep her safe, to protect her from the dangers lurking in the shadows. And as sleep finally claimed me, I whispered a silent vow into the darkness, a promise to guard her with my life, no matter the consequences.

I tried to sleep, but then there was a knock on my door. Opening it, I found Jasmine standing there. "Can I sleep with you? I'm scared," she asked timidly.

My heart skipped a beat as I stood there, stunned by Jasmine's unexpected request. Her eyes were wide with fear, and I could see the tremor in her hands as she clutched the edges of her nightshirt.

"Of course," I managed to say, my voice barely above a whisper. "Come in."

I stepped aside to let her enter, feeling a rush of warmth as she crossed the threshold. In the dim light of the hallway, I could see the vulnerability etched into her features, the rawness of her emotions laid bare for me to witness.

As she settled onto the bed, I couldn't help but feel a surge of protectiveness wash over me. I pulled the covers up around her, tucking them snugly beneath her chin, before taking my place beside her.

For a moment, we lay there in silence, the weight of the world pressing down upon us. But as the minutes stretched into hours, the tension slowly began to ebb away, replaced by a sense of calm and comfort that enveloped us both.

I draped an arm around her shoulders, pulling her close, and felt her relax against me. In that moment, as we lay entwined beneath the covers, I knew that no matter what trials lay ahead, we would face them together, bound by the unbreakable bonds of friendship and trust.

And as sleep finally claimed us both, I whispered a silent prayer into the darkness, a plea for peace and protection for the woman lying beside me, the woman who had unwittingly stolen my heart.

🌷🌷🌷

As the day unfolded, anticipation coursed through me, knowing that I would soon reunite with Mingyu, an old friend from my past. Despite the weight of recent events with Jasmine, the prospect of reconnecting with Mingyu at the nightclub sparked a flicker of excitement within me.

As evening descended, I made my way to the vibrant pulse of the city's nightlife, where neon lights illuminated the bustling streets and the rhythmic beat of music filled the air. Mingyu was already waiting for me at our designated meeting spot, a familiar grin lighting up his face as he caught sight of me.

"Jungkook, my man!" Mingyu exclaimed, pulling me into a hearty embrace. "It's been too long!"

Returning his embrace with a smile, I couldn't help but feel a sense of nostalgia wash over me as memories of our shared adventures flooded back. Mingyu and I had been through thick and thin together, and tonight promised to be another chapter in our storied friendship.

As Mingyu urged me to join him on the dance floor, my reluctance was palpable. Despite the vibrant atmosphere and the pulsating rhythm of the music, the prospect of losing myself in the embrace of strangers held little appeal. Instead, I opted to remain seated, nursing my drink as I observed the swirling chaos of the nightclub from the sidelines.

Amidst the sea of bodies, I felt strangely disconnected, a silent observer amidst the cacophony of laughter and conversation. Mingyu, undeterred by my hesitation, disappeared into the throng, leaving me to my thoughts as I contemplated the complexities of my own existence.

The alcohol burned in my throat, a bitter reminder of the numbing effect it offered in moments of uncertainty. With each sip, I found myself retreating further into the recesses of my mind, grappling with the weight of my own desires and the consequences they wrought.

As I sat alone, nursing my drink in the dimly lit corner of the nightclub, a figure materialized beside me, his presence unsettling in its familiarity. With a jolt of recognition, I realized that he was none other than one of Jasmine's friends whom I had observed at the café, his earlier disdainful glances etched into my memory.

Despite the pulsating rhythms of the music that enveloped us, an awkward silence hung between us, laden with unspoken tension. I couldn't help but feel a pang of unease at his sudden appearance, his presence serving as a stark reminder of the complexities of Jasmine's social circle.

For a moment, we sat in silence, the cacophony of the nightclub fading into the background as an uncomfortable weight settled upon us. It was clear that our encounter was no mere coincidence, his deliberate choice to sit beside me hinting at an underlying motive that remained shrouded in mystery.

As I studied his features in the dim light, I detected a hint of apprehension in his demeanor, a subtle tension that belied the casual façade he attempted to maintain. It was evident that our previous encounter had left an impression upon him, his guarded demeanor betraying a sense of wariness in my presence.

"Hello," I greeted him, breaking the uneasy silence that enveloped us. His gaze sharpened as he turned to face me, a flicker of recognition crossing his features. "I think I know you," I ventured cautiously, my voice barely audible above the din of the nightclub.

His expression morphed into one of confusion, a furrow forming between his brows as he processed my words. "Do you know Jasmine Lim?" I inquired, my tone tinged with a note of curiosity as I sought to unravel the mystery of his connection to Jasmine.

"Who are you? Are you one of her friends? Or one of her body count?" he asked with a rude laugh. I felt like he had just disrespected Jasmine, my woman. She deserves better friends.

"I'm neither her friend nor one of her 'body count'," I retorted, my voice firm with a hint of indignation. "I'm simply someone who cares about Jasmine, and I don't appreciate your disrespectful attitude towards her."

I tried not to punch him in the face and stayed calm. "I have her nudes. If you want, please send me your number. I'll send it to you."

What the hell is he talking about? He has what?

I took a deep breath, trying to control my anger. "What do you mean you have her nudes?" I asked, my voice tense with disbelief.

He leaned back in his chair, a smirk playing on his lips. "Oh, you didn't know? Your precious Jasmine has been sending me some pretty explicit photos lately."

My blood boiled at his words, and I struggled to maintain my composure. "That's impossible. Jasmine would never do something like that," I retorted, my voice tinged with frustration and indignation.

He chuckled mockingly. "Oh, believe me, she did. And she seemed to enjoy it too," he replied, a malicious gleam in his eyes.

I clenched my fists, my jaw tight with anger. How dare he spread such lies about Jasmine? She was the most genuine and kind-hearted person I knew, and I refused to let anyone tarnish her reputation.

"Listen here, buddy," I said through gritted teeth, leaning in closer. "I don't know what your game is, but if you ever dare to disrespect Jasmine again, you'll regret it."

He scoffed, waving me off. "Whatever, man. You can choose not to believe me, but the truth will come out eventually," he taunted before getting up and walking away.

I sat there seething with rage, my mind racing with thoughts of how to protect Jasmine from this slanderous accusation. She didn't deserve to be dragged through the mud by someone like him.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro