12 : Betrayed

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

As we lay entwined in each other's arms, the soft rhythm of Jasmine's breathing filled the room with a sense of tranquility. The tension that had hung between us dissipated, replaced by an unspoken understanding and a shared sense of intimacy.

I gently ran my fingers through her hair, relishing the sensation of its silky strands slipping through my grasp. With each stroke, I felt a sense of calm wash over me, as if the world outside our little cocoon ceased to exist, leaving only the two of us suspended in a timeless embrace.

Jasmine sighed contentedly, nestling closer against my chest as if seeking refuge from the chaos of the outside world. In that moment, there was no need for words or explanations; our actions spoke volumes, conveying a depth of emotion that words alone could never capture.

As the minutes turned into hours, we remained locked in our silent embrace, savoring the simple pleasure of each other's company. It was a fleeting moment of solace in an otherwise tumultuous world, a sanctuary where we could forget about our troubles and simply be together.

In the quiet intimacy of that shared space, I found myself falling deeper and deeper in love with Jasmine, my heart swelling with an overwhelming sense of affection and longing. And as we drifted off to sleep, tangled in each other's embrace, I couldn't help but feel grateful for the precious moments we shared, knowing that they were a rare and precious gift in a world fraught with uncertainty.

"Tell me about yourself, Jasmine," I implored, locking eyes with her, searching for the hidden depths within. "What has shaped you to become the person you are today?" At first, Jasmine remained silent, her countenance shifting from one of joy to one of profound sorrow. "I carry with me the weight of painful memories and trauma," she finally revealed, her voice tinged with vulnerability. "My parents subjected me to relentless mental and physical abuse."

As Jasmine's words washed over me, a wave of empathy and sorrow washed over my heart. It was clear that she carried deep scars from her past, wounds that had yet to fully heal despite the passage of time.

"I'm so sorry to hear that, Jasmine," I murmured, my voice heavy with emotion. "No one should ever have to endure such pain and suffering, especially at the hands of those who are meant to love and protect them."

Jasmine nodded, her eyes glistening with unshed tears. "It wasn't easy," she admitted, her voice trembling slightly. "But somehow, I found the strength to persevere, to keep moving forward even when everything seemed hopeless. And along the way, I discovered that I was stronger than I ever thought possible."

Her words resonated with me on a deep level, stirring something within me that I couldn't quite name. Despite the hardships she had faced, Jasmine had emerged from the darkness stronger and more resilient than ever, a testament to the power of the human spirit to overcome even the greatest of adversities.

"You're incredibly brave, Jasmine," I said softly, reaching out to gently squeeze her hand in a gesture of solidarity. "To have endured so much and yet still possess such courage and resilience... It's truly inspiring."

A small smile tugged at the corners of Jasmine's lips, a flicker of light in the darkness that had threatened to consume her. "Thank you, Jungkook," she whispered, her voice barely above a whisper. "It means more than you know."

"Thats why you go to new york? For the treatment?" I asked. "And you meet Taehyung."

"Yes," Jasmine nodded, her gaze distant as she recalled the memories. "I went to New York seeking treatment for my trauma, hoping to find some semblance of peace amidst the chaos of my past. And that's where I met Taehyung."

A wistful smile touched her lips as she spoke of him, her voice soft with affection. "Taehyung was my therapist, my guide through the darkest moments of my life. He helped me confront my demons, taught me how to heal from the wounds that had plagued me for so long."

As she spoke, I could sense the depth of her gratitude for Taehyung, the profound impact he had made on her life. He had been more than just a therapist to her; he had been a beacon of hope in her darkest hour, a source of strength and support when she had needed it most.

"And now, here I am," Jasmine continued, her voice tinged with emotion. "A survivor, thanks to Taehyung's unwavering faith in me. He believed in me when I couldn't believe in myself, and for that, I will always be grateful."

As I listened to Jasmine's story, I couldn't help but feel a surge of admiration for her resilience and courage. Despite the pain and suffering she had endured, she had emerged stronger than ever, a testament to the indomitable human spirit.

"I'm glad you found Taehyung," I said softly, my voice filled with sincerity. "He sounds like an incredible person, someone who truly cares about your well-being."

Jasmine smiled, her eyes shining with gratitude. "He is," she replied, her voice filled with warmth. "And I wouldn't be here today without him."

"And we betrayed him."

"Yes," Jasmine whispered, her voice heavy with remorse. "We did." She looked down, unable to meet my gaze as the weight of her guilt settled upon her shoulders. "I never meant for any of this to happen. I never intended to hurt Taehyung."

I reached out and gently lifted her chin, urging her to look at me. "I know," I said softly, my voice filled with understanding. "None of us did." I paused, searching for the right words to ease her burden. "But sometimes, life takes unexpected turns, and we find ourselves facing choices we never imagined we would have to make."

Jasmine's eyes brimmed with unshed tears as she listened to my words, her heart heavy with regret. "I just wish things were different," she murmured, her voice barely above a whisper. "I wish I could go back and undo the mistakes I've made."

I reached out and took her hand in mine, offering her what little comfort I could. "I know," I said gently, squeezing her hand reassuringly. "But we can't change the past. All we can do is learn from our mistakes and try to make amends."

Jasmine nodded, her eyes filled with a mixture of sadness and determination. "I know," she whispered, her voice filled with resolve. "And I'll do whatever it takes to make things right, even if it means facing the consequences of my actions."

I squeezed her hand again, offering her a supportive smile. "You're not alone, Jasmine," I said softly. "We'll face this together, whatever comes our way."

And as we sat there, hand in hand, I knew that no matter what the future held, we would face it together, united in our determination to make amends for the mistakes we had made.

"How about you?"

Listening to Jasmine's story, I couldn't help but feel a pang of sympathy for her. It was clear that she had been through so much, and yet she still carried herself with such strength and resilience. As she turned the conversation to me, I hesitated for a moment, unsure of how much to reveal.

"My parents..." I began, my voice trailing off as memories of the past flooded my mind. "They died in a car crash when I was young," I finally admitted, the words heavy on my tongue.

Jasmine's eyes softened with understanding, and she reached out to squeeze my hand in a gesture of comfort. "I'm so sorry," she said softly, her voice filled with genuine compassion.

I managed a weak smile in response, grateful for her empathy. "It's okay," I replied, though the pain of losing my parents still lingered deep within me. "I've learned to cope with it over the years."

We sat in silence for a moment, lost in our own thoughts. Despite the weight of our respective pasts, there was a sense of comfort in knowing that we weren't alone in our struggles.

"I'm here for you, Jungkook," Jasmine said finally, breaking the silence. "Whatever you need, whatever you're going through, I'm here."

Her words touched me deeply, and I felt a surge of gratitude towards her. In that moment, I realized that despite the darkness of our pasts, there was still hope for a brighter future, as long as we faced it together.

As Jasmine's phone lit up with Taehyung's incoming FaceTime call, a wave of panic washed over both of us. We exchanged worried glances, unsure of how to proceed. Should Jasmine answer and risk Taehyung discovering our secret, or should she ignore the call and risk raising suspicion?

Jasmine's hands trembled as she hesitated, the weight of the decision bearing down on her. "What should I do, Jungkook?" she whispered, her voice barely above a murmur.

I took a deep breath, trying to steady my nerves. "I don't know," I admitted, my mind racing with possibilities. "But whatever you decide, I'll support you."

With a shaky hand, Jasmine reached for her phone and answered the call. As Taehyung's face appeared on the screen, a knot formed in my stomach. Would he be able to sense that something was amiss? Would he see the guilt written all over Jasmine's face?

"Hey, babe," Taehyung's voice filled the room, his smile bright and genuine. "I just wanted to check in and see how you're doing."

Jasmine forced a smile, though it didn't quite reach her eyes. "I'm okay," she replied, her voice wavering slightly. "Just tired from work."

Taehyung nodded understandingly, though I couldn't shake the feeling that he was studying Jasmine intently, as if searching for any sign of deception. "Well, I miss you," he said softly, his gaze lingering on her. "I'll be home soon, okay?"

Jasmine nodded, her heart heavy with guilt. "Okay," she whispered, unable to meet Taehyung's gaze.

As the call ended, we both let out a sigh of relief, though the tension in the room remained palpable. We were walking on thin ice, and one wrong move could shatter everything we had worked so hard to conceal.

"I'm sad. He looks so innocent."

"I know," I murmured, wrapping an arm around Jasmine's shoulders in a feeble attempt to offer comfort. "But we can't change what's happened. We just have to focus on moving forward and making things right."

Jasmine leaned into my embrace, her body trembling with emotion. "I don't know if I can do this, Jungkook," she confessed, her voice barely above a whisper. "I feel like I'm drowning in guilt."

I tightened my grip on her, trying to convey my support through the warmth of my touch. "You're not alone, Jasmine," I assured her, my own heart heavy with remorse. "We'll get through this together, I promise."

As we sat in silence, the weight of our secret hung heavy in the air, casting a shadow over our fragile bond. But amidst the turmoil and uncertainty, one thing remained clear: no matter what obstacles lay ahead, Jasmine and I would face them together.

As I chuckled to myself, a sense of satisfaction washed over me. My meticulously crafted plans were finally coming to fruition, and Jasmine was now firmly within my grasp. But even as I reveled in my newfound success, a nagging voice of doubt lingered in the back of my mind. Was this truly the outcome I had envisioned, or had I unwittingly embarked on a path from which there could be no return?

Despite the uncertainty, I pushed aside my reservations, choosing instead to bask in the thrill of my conquest. After all, I had worked tirelessly to secure Jasmine's affections, and now that she was mine, I intended to savor every moment of our newfound intimacy. With a confident smirk, I resolved to navigate the challenges that lay ahead with cunning and precision, ensuring that nothing would stand in the way of our forbidden love.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro