Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Nadia stared into the mirror as her sister fixed her hair. "You look beautiful," Wanda told her, brushing her hair gently. "So do you," Nadia replied, holding her sister's hands and looking up towards her.

A small smile crept onto both sisters faces as they looked at one another. Nadia was dressed in a black and grey striped dress and her sister in a simple black one. Both of them had a matching silver and blue scarf on.

"You ready?" Wanda asked Nadia as she got up. "Honestly? No." Wanda sighed sadly. "Neither am I."

Both sisters made their way down towards the living room, which had been changed into a totally different scene. They were in the old Avengers base, but hardly anything was left in there. By just walking down into the living room Nadia had tears in her eyes.

She walked up to the end of the room which laid a coffin. And inside was her brother. The flowers on the side where white roses and blue bellflowers. Tears streamed down Nadia's face as she looked at Pietro's resting body. "I miss you." She whispered. "And I love you so much."

He seemed calm, almost like he was sleeping. Nadia just wanted to shake him awake and hug him tightly. Though that was not going to happen.

Wanda whispered gently to the body, tears falling down her face. Nadia hugged her side and didn't let go until they sat down. Each Avenger went up to the caste and said something, but Nadia didn't pay attention.

The only one she heard was from Clint who walked up with his family. Nadia recognized the little girl from casting her illusion before. Clint put his hand on the coffin and sighed. "You did good kid." He whispered, and then guided his family away.

Steve walked up to the coffin and turned towards the group. "I Uh, know I'm not a priest, but Nadia asked me to do this so... here we go." He did a small nod towards the youngest sibling and began.

"We didn't just lose a teammate, we lost a friend, a sibling, an Avenger. Loss does not come easy around here, and it shouldn't. But we shouldn't dread over it. We should remember the fallen for their sacrifice."

Nadia looked up to her sister who nodded. They stood up and went next to Steve as he kept speaking. Nadia gazed at the crowd. Tony and Natasha sat next to each other. Tony wasn't sure if Pietro would have wanted him there so he was hesitant to come, but Nadia had asked him to come anyway.

Clint sat with his family, his wife hugged the young baby next to her. Steve looked over at Wanda, "You ready?" He asked. She nodded and took his place.

"My brother might have been a pain at sometimes. Teasing people and aggravating them. But inside he was a good person, he always has been. Since he was ten years old and playing with Nadia and me, to when he sacrificed himself to save a little boy."

Wanda paused, blinking back tears. She cleared her throat before continuing. "Pietro... was an amazing brother, watching out for us when we couldn't for him. He might've like to move fast, but he always slowed down for family. And I hope I can learn that from him as we continue to live our lives. Thank you."

There was some applause before Nadia went up. She took a shaky breath before beginning. "Pietro wasn't just a hero. He was a son, a brother and my best friend. He was always there every moment of my life. Either helping me learn to walk or helping me control my powers. He was there, every step of the way."

"I know we've held some grudges, and we've gone down the wrong path. But my brother died a hero, sacrificing himself to save others." Her voice cracked as she finished. "Pietro. If you're listening, I want you to know I love you. And that I'm proud to call you my brother. I know you'll be happy meeting Mama and Papa, and I know you'll be patient for when we come to meet you on the other side."

Nadia stepped away from the center and applause filled the room. Nadia went over to the coffin with Wanda and watched as Steve shut it. Steve, Tony, Clint, and Thor began to lift the coffin up slowly.

They began to walk out of the room. Nadia held her sister's hand as they followed. They went outside and loaded the coffin into a car. Wanda and Nadia got in a car with Clint and his family.

Nadia sat next to the young girl in the last row. "Hi." The girl waved shyly. "Hello," Nadia responded, smiling weakly. "My names Lila. I drew a butterfly, do you want to see?"

"Lila..." her mother called her in a warning tone, she turned around from the second row. Nadia smiled, "It's quite alright, I would love to see your butterfly." Lila grinned and flipped through the pages in her book and found a butterfly.

"That's very pretty," Nadia told her. "I know. I've never seen a butterfly like this. But I would like to." Lila told her, tracing her hands over the drawing. Nadia glanced at the child. "That might be a possibility." She closed her hand and held it out before the child, slowly opening it.

In the center of her palm stood what looked like a real butterfly, and it looked just like Lila's drawing. Lila's eyes widened in amusement as she watched it fly around the back of the car.

Wanda watched her from the rear view mirror. "She's good with Lila, I don't think I've ever seen her look so enchanted by something," Clint told her as they pulled into the cemetery. "Nadia's gotten so mature, I don't know where it came from."

"No one does, it just happens. Sometimes too fast." Clint told her, checking the rear view mirror again. Lila was now holding the butterfly and it disappeared. "That was awesome!" The young child giggled.

Nadia smiled. "I'll show you more next time I see you, okay?" The young girl nodded and unbuckled her seatbelt. Nadia followed her out, dusting herself off. Wanda squeezed her shoulder gently as they followed Clint to the grave sight.

The group of men pulled the coffin out of the car and walked it slowly towards the grave pit. Tony has set it up where he bought a whole area of the cemetery, dedicated to fallen heroes.

The sisters followed, sniffling a bit. They stood in front of the coffin and looked at everyone. "We would like to thank you for coming, it means a lot to us," Wanda told everyone as they slowly lowered the coffin into the dirt.

"Goodbye, Pietro." Nadia whispered, holding onto her sister. "Goodbye," Wanda told the coffin.

—•—

"Hey, kiddo. You okay?" Clint knocked on the door of the room Nadia was sitting in. She looked up and nodded. "Yeah."

"You know, you're really good with Lila." He chuckled walking in and sitting down next to her. "She keeps asking me when she'll be able to see you next, and it hasn't even been a whole day."

Nadia chuckled. "Well, I'd be happy to see her." Clint nodded. "You're welcome over to the farm anytime, besides I think we need a babysitter." He joked, rubbing her back.

Nadia smiled at the touch. "I might just have to take you up on that." She promised, smiling as she gazed out the window.

"You sure you're okay kid?" Clint asked, getting up slowly. Nadia nodded. "Yeah. I think I am."

ouch

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro