Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

MulanJiang

What is your name?

||You can call me Lani :)

When did you start making graphics?

||I've been making graphics for about eight months, but I only got photoshop a month ago XD

What is your favorite type of graphic to make?

||I really enjoyed creating the PNG-filled light nature banner I recently made, but dark manipulated covers will always be my favorite <3

Where do you get your inspiration?

||All the amazing designers out there *stalks* basically anything, really. Often times before I fall asleep, I'll start dreaming up graphic designs and then create them the next day XDWhy did you start?I needed a book cover for my fantasy novel Stolen Minds, but all the designers were closed, so I decided to learn how to make my own!

Who is your inpiration in graphic designing?

||Get ready for a long list...I'm sorry if I missed anyone! These are just the people I can think off the top of my head: @seventhstar, @eosophobic, @goatsaye, @sugarycrystals, @perfervid, @zero-infinity, @shadowsleek, @LlynWildr, @TorissaNikole, @mercurous, @nightgate, @avengeur, @Jenikel098, @abyss-of-crazy, @RachelS8766, @stardust24601, @madelinesane, @deadrot, @jakepatt, @maytijssen, @onederstruck-, @lotteholder, @_Palen, @whayever, @deviation-, @AAKhan, @forcade, @weeknder, @ashulman19, @philophobics, @renesmeewolf, @MelaniesAnwork, @-verdant-, @elphadora, @steefoy, @yenneferslut, and so many more!!

What is your opinion on your own graphics?

||When I finish a graphic, I'm generally satisfied and think "hey, this is decent", but then when I look back on it in a couple of days, I think "wow, this is terrible" XD

How long does it usually take to make a graphic

||Anywhere from 10 minutes to 3 hours for a wattpad graphic, but I once spent over 20 hours on a commission XD

If you can supply us with one of your first covers.

||Ugh

||*cringes* I might do a remake of this one someday

[Just for fun] If you could have any power what would it be?

||Hm...probably time travel!

What would you say to those just starting making graphics?

||1. Stalk other designers: they are super inspiring <3
2. Take criticism: it'll help you improve!
3. Talk to other designers and ask questions: remember, all the "graphic gods" started out like you did! Don't be intimidated; they're always willing to help. Everyone I've met has been super friendly and supportive!! If you see a graphic that you like, ask what font they used or how they did a certain design; I still do that all the time and learn so much XD

4. KEEP TRYING: your graphics won't be perfect at first, but don't give up!! Everyone started out that way: time and practice is how they improved.

5. Everyone thinks photoshop is godly (and it is) but you can still make beautiful graphics without it!! Don't think that you aren't good just because you don't have photoshop XD
6. PRACTICAL ADVICE: the most common mistake I see beginners make is using too many fonts/cheesy, unprofessional fonts. A couple general rules (remember, there are exceptions!): don't use more than two different fonts in a cover, three at most. It gets messy and cluttered with too many fonts (watermarks don't count because they're so small; I always do mine in Century Gothic XD). Also, serif fonts are amazing (OptimusPrinceps is a great multi-purpose one); try to use them instead of super swirly cursive fonts (which can be hard to read). If you do have a cursive font, try pairing it with a serif font! Also, I know the ice-dripping or fire fonts or even broken glass fonts look cool, but ultimately, they generally look unprofessional. Go with a nice serif font (e.g. bebasneue) and then add your own effects with fire/ice/glass pngs or brushes! They turn out much nicer that way. Finally, don't make your text too dark; it should stand out! Make it fit the color scheme, but if it's too dark, it's hard to read. Good luck!!"

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro