7- Three years later

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

They both never heard of Tiffany again.

"Helsy, there's a large probability that I'd make a good living in Lagos. Those Lagos people are so hot and appreciate my styles not here in this village. Why did we even come here?" India wailed, her hands on my shoulders.

(Helsa's eyes had dark bags and circles around them. She wasn't sleeping well for reasons she didn't tell anyone except Inioluwa, her male bestie who was in Ibadan. India didn't seem to worry since she refused not to open up. She just wanted to go to Lagos and work.)

(They both didn't have sponsors in their universities. So they had to learn trade to keep up.)

"I said no." I said firmly folding he hands with a disappointed look.

India looked like she was going to throw a tantrum. She acted like a baby despite being eighteen.

"You're always so bossy and I don't like it. I know you're going through something that you don't wanna tell me. It's fine but stop the grumpiness okay?" With that, she turned and left.

I groaned and rubbed my head.
Lord please take control.

We lived in a small apartment with two rooms and one living room. Yeah there were toilets and a kitchen but something was off. Maybe I just missed the village life.

It was almost 11pm and I was still up. It been a long time since I had a good night rest. I heard India snoring from her room. I sat on my bed and picked my phone. Inioluwa sent me a picture.

It had the words: God knows the battles you don't tell anyone about. He will get you through it. He sees you while no one else did.

A tear escaped my eyes.
Gosh, I have to be tougher than this.
I smiled.

I sent a thank you message to him. He was the only friend I had after India.

Dad died after mum so it's been tough. Even for India. She's been acting childish and doesn't listen most times. It's been annoying. I had to work to pay our rent and bills. We didn't share the house with anyone and the owner lived somewhere else so it seemed like I owned the small building.

I worked as a baker in a small bakery. The owner hired me as the head baker and it's been very productive. I had saved enough money for us to move to Ibadan and for India to start her tertiary level. She was also making money but she wanted to move somewhere else.

I didn't want to tell her that I've started processing her admission. The Holy Spirit told me not to. It's been at the tip of my tongue for so long.

He replied immediately.

You're welcome 😁

How's your momma?

She's good 😊😁

What's with all the emojis?

😔😶😐
What's with all the punctuations

Go to bed. 🥲

Good night Helsa 🥲

Good night.

I flung the phone to the small mat on the floor.
It was almost midnight. I wasn't sleepy. I stood up from the bed and picked up my small Bluetooth speaker. Then remembered that I had flung my phone on the floor.

I face palmed. At least it was on the mat. I picked it up and saw a message. From an unknown number.

Hey 🙂

Hi

Hyd? 

I didn't reply. Like you just messaged me and u didn't even tell me why. I rolled my eyes.

Time to pray.

I played some instrumental in the background. It made the room feel so warm. I closed the curtains, turned on a very faint light and got on my knees.

The picture that Ini sent to me flashed across my eyes.
God knows the battles you don't tell anyone about. He will get you through it. He sees you while no one else did.

He knows the battles.

Breakdown time...

So I started. Sobbing.

"Lord I know You're always listening and You love me and You're the one who made my friend send this to me. You know what I'm going through."

Who healed your sister? The warm voice of the Holy Spirit said.

"It's Jesus."

Who gave you your job?

"Jesus."

Who provides for you?

"It's Him."
I was sobbing already no longer on my knees. Lying on the floor crying.

I felt peace.

I'm always with you. Through the water, through the rivers and through the fire.

I started Thanksgiving. It was an awesome time in the presence of God. I took my Bible and opened to Isaiah 43.

‭‭Isaiah 43:2 ERV‬‬
[2] When you have troubles, I am with you. When you cross rivers, you will not be hurt. When you walk through fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not hurt you.

Thank you Jesus.

I slept so well and woke up peacefully. As I opened my eyes, I saw India Infront of me her hands akimbo. I also saw a small traveling bag beside her.

She cleared he throat.

"Morning Helsy. I've decided to follow my heart and go to Lagos by myself."

I couldn't say anything. I couldn't spoil my peace with anger. I was still so peaceful.

"I just wanted to say goodbye. I love you but I have to follow my heart. I promise I'll be fine and I will stay out of trouble."

She sighed and turned to leave.

I cleared my throat too.
She looked back.

I smiled. She was too pretty. I got up from the bed nd engulfed he in a hug.
"Little India wants to follow her heart."

"Here comes the sermon." She groaned.

"Hmm.. And what does God say about this?"

"God doesn't need to tell me little things." She pulled away from the embrace.

"Really, God can tell you the type of soap to use, the clothes to wear, the hairstyle, the snacks to buy, the perfect person.." and I wiggled my eyebrows at the last two words. She slapped my arm playfully.
"Helsy!"

"Now go and unpack your things while I start my day."

"Okay."

"You're really dramatic though. I mean you packed everything up an waited for me to wake. You have to study theater arts."

"Let's forget about that for now."
I almost slipped and told her that she would be studying it very soon. I felt like the Holy Spirit was giving me a small side eye like 'watch your tongue

"With God all things are possible."
She nodded and excused me.

I sang, prayed and read my Bible then worshipped again. Awesome time in His presence.

India turned off the music I left playing the night before. I picked my phone and saw that unknown number.

Hyd?

You didn't reply again. Why?
You're not scared are you?

Hello,
Please who is this?

It's your best friend

Excuse me?

It's Tiffany 😁😏

It took three seconds for me to remember. It took self-control not to send her a voice note giving her a piece of my mind.

Hello?
Did u run away? 😏

No of course not.
I'm sorry but,
where do I know you from? 
Church?

🙄
Jokes apart
I've not forgotten you guys.
And your baby.

That was it. I threw the phone away. You're not gonna just talk about my baby like that.

✷✷
Hello people
I've been so emotional lately. 🤧
I also abandoned this story. I apologize. Blame school work. I have so many exams coming and I have to pass them excellently. I want to drop this update rn. I love you all. ❤️❤️

Muah.

JESUS LOVES YOU 💕
I LOVE YOU

Read your Bible pray every day, pray every day, pray every day, Read your Bible pray everyday, if you want to grow.

Read your Bible. It will help you grow.
🦅🕊️🔥

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro