019||Emotional Support

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The room was dark, dimly lit with shattered glass window shards everywhere. The screaming had stopped the bleeding. Admirals lay on the floor keeping pressure on their open wounds. Flames had began to diminish as their light grew dim.

Terror still filled the room from the events that had occurred seconds ago. Deaths, injured, and barely bruised all on the room. Shards of imploded glass scattered across the floor. 

Spock laid a hand on Jim's shoulder as a team of medics lifted the limp bodies of Admiral Christopher Pike and Admiral Ava Pike. The medics laid the bodies onto wheeled stretches. They threw white blankets over their bodies covering their dead open eyes.

He had watched earlier who Brystal had broken down over her parents dying. Their blood running cold within seconds from their injuries. How it hollowed his heart everytime the memory replayed on his head looking at her dead parents. He looked around, seeing she had disappeared.

Had just moments ago? Moments ago, as he watched Brystal hit the the rubble, feeling every inch of pain? Moments ago, just when tears had fled down her face?

"Where's Brystal?" Jim asked Spock, he brushed off bits of glass from his uniform as he looked at his first officer.

"I believe she violently returned to her home quarters." Spock said, hanging his head low, staring at the covered bodies. Jim could see the hurt in his eyes that he had seen in Brystals.

"She's not okay." Jim managed to say, thinking how it pained him to see her in pain. He remembered the heartbroken look on her face. How she hadn't looked at anyone once they moved her away from her parents bodies.

"I believe in times like these, it is routine to offer her emotional support. I believe that is your duty." Spock told him.

"How would you know about emotional support?" Kirk asked, curiously.

"I felt the same after losing my home planet and my mother. Nyota showed that act of comfort toward me." Spock explained. Jim nodded before walking out of the room to try and find Brystal.

Olivia had seen the building explode from the bar she was at with Callum. Her mind was quickyl set on that her mother and Brystal could be hurt. Her heart felt like it was pinching her veins as she watched the building's windows shatter.

Callum's eyes lit up in horror as he watched the building's glass explode. Watching as the fire sparked and curled outwards. The Anton Bar had erupted with gasps at the sight as Callum and Olivia ran off towards the building.

They both ran into the building, hearing the rushing of medical teams as they got through the front door. Their eyes met with the devastation the room presented to them. There were dead bodies lying on stretches with white sheets thrown over them.

They both almost staggered back at the sight, realizing anyone could be dead. They turned their heads to see medical teams tending to wounds on admirals. The shock and grief in their eyes just stung Olivia and Callum.

Spock stood conserving  with a medic over two dead bodies. The exchanged words as the medic nodded and kept on with his work. The look on the medics face was grim and he knew that there couldn't be much said.

'Please,' Olivia thought , 'Please let Brystal be alive.'

"Olivia?" A voice said behind her.

Olivia turned at the sound of the voice, her eyes meeting with her mothers. Her mother Admiral uniform was coated with scratches made from the glass, her short hair was ruffled up. White cloth was bandaged along her left rib cage, nothing too severe.

"Mom." Olivia said, feeling her mother wrap her into a hug. She hugged her mom tightly, but not too tight that it hurt the wound on her mothers rib cage. The hug was short before Olivia pulled away.

Callum looked at the dead bodies, counting the wounded and the dead. He sighed sadly, this was a massive attack on Starfleet. If his calculations were correct, a war could be starting sometime some. War hadn't happened since the S'Keeran war and Klingon war, it all happened when they were children.

"Is Brystal okay?" Olivia asked, but half-begged to know if her friend was alright.

"She's alright, but......" Admiral Hale trailed off before looking at the two dead bodies that Spock and a medic were looking over.

"But what, mom?" Olivia asked, her voice rising in worry. Callum spotted the dead bodies Spock was over, taking a look his expression soured. He suddenly felt the pain in him swell at the sight of the Brystal's dead parents.

"Brystal's......" Callum started, choking on his words a bit, "Olivia.....her parents their...."

Olivia rushed over seeing the dead bodies, her heart dropping to the pit of her stomach. Tears threatened to fall on her face, but Callum held his friend close to him. Both in shock of the deaths of Christopher Pike and Ava Pike.

What was more to it?

Olivia had lost the two people who felt like were her second pair of parents. But one with a  father who didn't run away to find his own glory while her mother had to raise her on her own. But Brystal had also lost her mother......twice now.

She let out a hoarse scream, barely audible only to Callum, "No....."

Jim paused at Brystals door, sighing heavily. He had to not choke on any word he could think to say to her. He extended his hand, tapping gently on the door for no response. He stared at the light gray painted door, hoping for an answer.

"Brystal....Can you open the door please, Brystal?" Stillness came instead of an answer. No movement from inside the apartment. He knew she was there though. 

He abandoned the idea of waiting outside, the door slide to the side allowing him inside. He knew he was breaching the idea of privacy. The silence was unbearable for him. He stopped halfway, looking around the room.

He couldn't deny that it was a nice apartment she had. A hallway lead to an open leading space across from a small kitchen. The light fixtures weren't even on except for a few that were dimly lit through the darkness. A wall was covered in windows, an opening of the city much like the conference room had.

Brystal rested her back against the wall, her body feeling broken underneath her. Her breathing rate had escalated, almost to a stage of hyperventilating. The memories just replaying over and over like a broken record.

Jim caught sight of her, having heard the sound of loud breathing. He looked at her sorrowfully, choking on words he wanted to say. Just seeing her in this state of mourning was too new to him. Even if he had already seen her heartbroken and damaged once before.

He slowly, walked over to her, his footsteps hitting the floor, gently. Brystal heard one, looking up at him. Their eyes made direct contact, showing each other remorse and regret for one another.

Jim had lost someone who was like the father figure he'd never had.

Brystal had lost the people who raised her and loved her. All of it happened in front of her, just when she got back the one thing she wanted for someone years. Then, it was all ruined like a terrible nightmare.

Before they knew it, they were both in each other arms while she mourned over her parents deaths. Her head rested on his shoulder, gently as she stifled back her pain. Brystal spoke for a moment, her voice cracking from the tears and pain.

"It doesn't feel real......they're gone......just when I got them back..." Brystal spoke through tears.

"Brystal I-I'm sorry." Jim mumbled into her hair.

"They're gone because of him! Because he killed them!" Brystal cried.

"I'm so sorry." Jim said again, knowing he couldn't say anymore.

Brystal had lost the two most important people in her life. Her mother and father dead hours ago and would be forever.  The two people who had raised her, prepared her for Starfleet, and yet she felt like her emotions would suffocate her. She could lose more like her brother, Christopher, Callum, Olivia, and....

Brystal stopped realizing she could lose everybody, like she could lose Jim. Her eyes were red from her extensive amount of crying. The stinging of a few scratches from earlier, the stinging had slowly become less painful. The city lights glowed against her face as she looked up at Jim.

Jim's blue eyes looked at her softly as he tossed some of her hair away from her neck. His finger tips, tenderly ran across three scratches from imploding glass. The maroon red blood had dried, leaving a feeling of skin healing across his fingertips.

"When'd you get these?" Jim spoke, softly.

"Glass. Exploding." Brystal whsipered.

"We'll be okay. I promise." Jim whispered. He leaned in, softly planting a kiss on her lips. A small static of electricity filled her body as she felt his lips on hers.

1429 words

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro