Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Mercy lit a cigarette as she sped into the city. White Pine Bay. She pulled up to a diner and walked in, snuffing out the cigarette. "Hi, welcome to -" Mercy cut the woman off with a polite smile and a raised hand, "I'm sorry, I'm not here to eat. Is there uh, somewhere I could stay, a hotel or something?"

The woman nodded, "Why yes there is. Bates Motel isn't too far from here. Just follow the advanced warning signs for the new bypass." Mercy nodded and walked back out to her car, running her hand through her shoulder-length kinky curls.

Pulling up to the Bates Motel, Mercy stared at the house looming on the hill and the little motel "Well, isn't this a cozy looking creep container." She mused to herself as she got out of her black Lincoln.

She walked up to the office and eyeballed the girl behind the counter. "Are you guys open?" Mercy asked, her eyebrows wrinkled together. The young girl with brown hair and oxygen tubes looked up. "Oh, hi, I'm Emma. Yeah, we're open, just a bit empty." Seeing that Mercy just stood there, Emma cleared her throat, "Um, you know you're um -"

"Black? Yeah, not too much diversity here, ya know." Emma shook her head quickly, "No, no. I was um, I was actually going to say that you were pretty." Mercy cleared her throat and walked up to the desk, "Oh, well, thanks. You have any rooms open or available?"

Emma nodded and looked down at the attendance book, "Um, you'll be in room... 4. Here's your key. Do you need any help with your bags?" Mercy shook her head, "Nah. I'll carry my bags in. Keeps me strong, make sure the men know who's in charge, right?"

When Emma looked outside and saw Mercy wheeling a large suitcase into room four, she was about to go help her with her bags, but Norman walked up. "Hey, Norman, do you think you can go grab some of her bags? I feel guilty leaving her without any help." Norman nodded and looked at Mercy, lifting another large bag over her shoulder, "Of course. Excuse me, miss,"

Norman jogged up to the young lady and gently took the bag from her, "I can't let you carry these all on your own." He walked the bag into the room, Mercy right behind him with another one. "You sure do have a lot of large bags." Norman said to her, carrying another one in. Mercy shrugged, "And that's only external baggage. But that should be the last one. I have a couple smaller ones in the trunk, but I'll grab those later."

Feeling awkward just standing in the girl's room watching her take off her jacket and shoes, Norman spoke up. "I'm Norman Bates." Mercy pulled her socks off and sat on the bed, "Mercy Miranda. You own this place, Norman Bates?" At this question, Norman chuckled slightly while shaking his head, "Oh no. Mother does, I'm just her son."

Mercy nodded, "No one's just anything Norman Bates. Not even you." Before Norman could respond, his name was being called. "Norman! Norman, where - oh. Hi, welcome to the Bates Motel. I'm Norma Bates, this is my son -"

"Norman." Mercy finished for her, smiling widely and shaking her hand. "Nice to meet you Miss Bates. You have a nice establishment set up here." Norma smiled, flattered and taken aback by the girl's manners. "Why thank you. Please, just call me Norma. You know, we don't get people around Norman's age often, would you like to join us for dinner this evening?"

"I'd love to. I won't be intruding will I?" Norma waved off Mercy's worry, "Of course not. I insist. Will six be fine?" Mercy nodded, "Six will be perfect." Norma smiled and ushered Norman out of the room so they could go prepare dinner, leaving Mercy to explore her new temporary home.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro