16. once upon a december

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
once upon a december !

DECEMBER flew by in an instant. kinsley swears that she closed her eyes and the next second she opened them and it was already december 23rd. two games have gone by within those days and iowas women basketball team has won them all.

but kinsley was stressing. not about the games. about the fact that she hasn't gotten any presents. everyone was off with their family for the holidays and they were going to do their own friends christmas on december 26 which is when everyone comes back because two days later there's a game.

"i'm sure whatever you get them they'll love." micheal said. he hasn't left kinsley or stefani. he slowly became their third roommate and neither of them cared. they loved having michal there but the older men was starting to look for apartments to move in. he didn't want to go back to minnesota where he was away from kinsley and was living with someone who he doesn't love.

"as long as it's from the heart." kinsley looked up from her list of what to buy and up to her dads new girlfriend. meredith. she loves the woman. over the short period of time that kinsley had gotten to know the woman, kinsley can see that she is perfect for her dad.

"yes, and don't forget we're taking family christmas photos later today." micheal said leaning against the counter. kinsley groaned throwing herself back on the couch and continued on writing down. she had a column for each name of her friends. so far she only had madison her gift but her gift isn't an object.

kinsley threw the clipboard to the side and decided to take a small nap in the mean time. micheal and meredith shared a grin as they knew what was going to happen later on the day. kinsley's nap turned out to be three hours on the couch.

when kinsley woke up she woke up with droll down her mouth, her body half on the couch. the blanket that was on her suffocating her and her entire body felt hot. that's how you know you took a good nap.

kinsley

liked by caitlinclark22 and others
kinsley you remind me of the color blue 💙

load comments!

caitlinclark22 you look to devine 🤍
kinsley 💋

madisonthegreat MODEL KINSLEY????
kinsley HERE!!!!

stefanigwen ugh it's been a day without you i miss you pookie
kinsley i miss you too my stinky bookie 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

christmas eve came after than ever. micheal, meredith and kinsley spend the entire day cleaning the apartment, cooking food and doing last minute touch ups on the christmas shopping list. kinsley was at target getting decorations for cookies.

her phone then started vibrating causing kinsley to pick it up and answer it without looking at who it was. "hey, kenny," the second that the nickname fell out of her lips kinsley smiled.

"hi caitlin." kinsley said happily feeling herself get into a much more better mood than in her regular stressful one. she's been stressed ever since the morning because she didn't have all of the things she needs. somehow with just hearing caitlin's voice, her nerves calmed down a bit.

"watcha doing?" caitlin asked pressing the facetime button. kinsley took the phone off her ear and accepted it. kinsley sighed deeply putting her on one of the shelves while she continued looking.

"i'm looking for christmas cookie cutters." kinsley said kneeling down — bringing the phone down as well — and searching.

"well you look pretty." caitlin said making kinsley glare at her. over the past month caitlin has fallen into the habit to compliment her whenever she can. it gets both kinsley annoyed and flustered. annoyed because neither caitlin or her have gotten the full courage on asking each other out. flustered because kinsley has really grown to like the basketball player more than she'll ever admit.

kinsley then noticed that caitlin was smiling but in a suspicious. "what are you up to caitlin?" kinsley asked picking up a box of the cookie cutters. she grabbed her phone and stood back up. she threw the cutters inside of the basket, her phone on the drink holder so that caitlin can still see her walk around target for last minute presents.

"why do you assume i'm up to something?" caitlin asked raising her eyebrows and dropping the smile.

kinsley decided that she didn't need anything else and made her way over to the self check out. "because you have your phone at a weird angel," caitlin moved her phone only a little bit out of her face, "you have the smile that just shows me that you're up to something." caitlin smiled causing kinsley to roll her eyes. "and your location says not found."

"goodbye!" caitlin said very loudly hangin up on kinsley. kinsley scoffed feeling the stress come back. the cheerleader decided to ignore caitlin for the rest of the day, along with everyone else just until she's gotten everything she needs to do in check.

when kinsley got back home her and her dad made it their mission to make sure that the apartment looked christmas enough. meredith was working on the cookies. the tv was blasting music. kinsley phone was long forgotten somewhere inside of her room.

kinsley was now sitting on the floor, one hour before 12, doing last minute wrap ups. she wrapped up the three lego sets that she got matt. she wrapped up the 10 vinyls for stefani. and she wrapped up caitlin's gift. kinsley is still a bit worried about caitlin's gift since she didn't exactly buy it, it's more hand made.

anastasia was playing in the tv. meredith and micheal were cuddled up against each other eating the freshly baked cookies. kinsley sighed deeply after she wrapped her final gift. she glanced up at her dad who was deep into his sleep. meredith on his chest, tangled up against him and micheal holding her like his life depended on it.

kinsley's lips turned into a frown. she looked back at her gift for caitlin. she's never realized the impact that caitlin had made into her life until this very moment. all those stupid argument that kinsley is now missing. the pranks that kinsley still does even when they're in a situationship. the things that kinsley says that no one else understands but caitlin. her warmth, her kisses, her touches. they're all only moments now that she's away and she knows that caitlin is going to be back.

but why does it feel like an eternity?

kinsley wants so desperately to shut down her mind for the day. she stands up and smiles to herself as it's already 12. she walked over to the dad and kissed him on the head, "merry christmas." kinsley sighed deeply before heading back inside of her room.

she closed the door and leaned against it. she frowned her eyebrows as her eyes landed on a box that was in the middle of her bed. i never left that there. kinsley thought. the cheerleader made her way over to her bed and picked up the box from the middle.

kinsley sat down and held the box on the palm of her hand since it was as big as her hand. she brought it up to her ear and gave it a shake. her eyebrows deepened bringing the box back down in front of her and opening it up.

her first reaction was to gasp loudly and shut the box straight away. she turned her head into every direction wondering if there is anyone inside, but no one came out. kinsley reopened the book and her eyes started to whelm up. it's a gold necklace that held three charms on it. a heart locket, a k that was filled with diamonds all over and then a c. kinsley blinked away her tears as she opened up the locket.

it's a picture of her dad and her when she was about eight years old. he's kneeled down on one knee holding up a single flower up to the little girl that had her hands over her mouth and bending down. the other side of the locker was empty but with a folded up note.

she careful grabbed the note and opened it up. can i be your gf? kinsley should kill caitlin for being away. kinsley wiped away her tears about to pick up her phone when her door burst open. kinsley gasped which might have been the only thing she's been doing the entire time.

caitlin stood there with a wide smile on her face holding the same exact flower that her dad gave her in the picture. "usually the person asks like face to face but i found this way more romantic because i was able to surprise you at the best moment possible and you better not say no kenny because i swear i will not recover from that. i've been planning this ever since fresh—" caitlin was cut short from her nervous ramble by kinsley rushing over to her and kissing her in a passionate away.

"that's doesn't exactly answer—" kinsley kissed her again but this time she only gave her a peck in the lips and started giving kisses all over her face. caitlin let out a laugh wrapping her arm around kinsley and bringing her closer.

"i want to be your girlfriend, caitlin." kinsley said going back to kissing her. micheal and meredith smiled from behind giving each other a high five since they're the ones that planned it all.

"you're my girlfriend." caitlin breathed out like as if it's the most impossible thing in the whole world. kinsley let out a giggle when caitlin picked her up, closed the door and dropped them to her bed. kinsley landed on top of her and she held herself up on her hands.

kinsley has been finding peace all of her life and now... her peace has finally come.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro