Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

CHAPTER TWO
pre-game win or lose !

nebraska-kearney, iowa city IA
W 108-29

"CAN you like not try to slit her throat with your eyes and cheer?" madison asked as the cheer team entered the arena. kinsley was the last one to enter as she was dreading this moment from the week before. the cheerleader was practically dragging her feet going inside.

"yeah kenny try not to slit my throat." her aggravating voice was making her wish that someone would slit her own throat. caitlin jogged from behind her to around her and landed besides madison.

"call me kenny again and i'll do more than slit your throat." kinsley deadpanned rolling her eyes at caitlin who only grinned at the smaller girl. kinsley walked in between them and made sure that her duffel bag hit her side harshly.

"watch it, ponytail." caitlin said tugging on kinsley's ponytail. kinsley turned around on her heels and glared at caitlin. "oops, sorry." she said holding her hands up in surrender. "my hand slipped."

"yeah?" kinsley asked tilting her head to the side and squinting her eyes. she took off her duffel bag and was about to swing it to hit caitlin but madison grabbed her arms steady.

"breath in and out kins. in and out. can't be hurting one of our good players now before the season even begins." madison said chuckling nervously turning kinsley around. she glanced over at caitlin and send her a soft glare. caitlin only shrugged her shoulders with pouted lips before jogging back inside of the locker room.

"can't believe i have to see her for months, mads. why did i decide that iowa was going to be a good idea. why did she have to exist." kinsley mumbled underneath her breath as madison kept her arms tightly around her body moving her forward to the rest of the team. "i would be perfectly okay if she played volleyball because we hardly ever cheer for volleyball. but basketball? sure she may have the looks and the height but i bet you she will be equally as good as in basketball in volleyball. far away from cheerleading."

madison kept quiet putting her lips in a tight line. "you do realize that you both complimented her and insulted her at the same time." she said looking down at kinsley who crossed her arms over her chest.

"i hate her but i'm not blind." kinsley said going over to her team. madison shook her head and held a unknowingly look. she waved at the cheer team before running off as well inside of the locker room seeing as everyone was starting to come inside along with the other team.

"okay, people! let's practice again!" lucy said in her coach voice clapping her hands together. kinsley placed her bag down at the edge of the bench. she kneeled down on her knees as she took out a mirror and fixed up her ponytail that caitlin rudely pulled down. once she put the bow on it kinsley stood back up and grabbed her pom poms.

their routine was simple. they had their main theme cheer. which was the song for the uni of iowa. they did add a few steps in it to make it more competitive and look more modern. then they had another one where they had more flips to show the audience who the iowa cheer squad is. then they have another one which is for the audience and get them cheer for their team. usually for that, lucy picks someone to lead and whatever they say goes.

when the game finally started kinsley pushed back the fact that her sworn enemy was in that team and tried to pretend that she was just another girl on the basketball team. their girls game out first and almost everyone inside of the stadium shouted. kinsley, matt, noah and stefani stayed close to each other as they screamed and jumped up and down. waving their pom poms in the air and doing a quick warm up chant.

kinsley then spotted monika who was catching her attention my waving her hand. kinsley waved back with a wide smile and then waved her pom poms in the air. caitlin did the same thing but she only received a stank look from kinsley and a unenthusiastic wave of her pom poms.

caitlin smiled widely at kinsley and shook her head but kinsley only found it even more annoying that she was smiling. smiling at her. kinsley rolled her eyes and moved her right away from her and over to her best friend madison.

the game started off rough, but soon the girls found their rhythm. kinsley was at the edge of the bench as she watched the last few seconds to by and caitlin dribble the ball over to their side. kinsley and the rest of the cheer team rubbed their pom poms together in anticipation.

then...

"we won! we won!" everyone shouted in happiness as the first game was a success. the cheer team dropped their pom poms and ran over to the girls team who went over to the congratulate the girls. kinsley ran over to madison and hugged her tightly.

"you did amazing mads! and so did you monika." kinsley said going over to monika and giving her a tight hug. monika was going to say something but she looked behind kinsley's shoulder and let out a laugh.

kinsley frowned her eyebrows and turned around. caitlin stood there talk with her arms over her chest. her lips were poured and her eyebrows were knitted together. but when kinsley locked eyes with her caitlin's pout turn into a soft grin and her eyebrows lifted up.

"howd i do, pom poms?" she asked her toothy grin makes kinsley want to slap it off. but deep down she found it cool the way she grins so naturally and it looks good.

"wasnt really looking at you. yeah, i'm really not sorry. i was more focused on madison but the last shot was okay, i guess." kinsley said not going to admit that her eyes would sometimes shift to the taller girl and would linger there for a while before it shifted back to another girl on the team.

"you guess? kenny you guess? i scored 18 points and i dished eight assists. that's more than okay." caitlin said dropping her arms to the side of her body and then placed a hand on her hip.

"poor you." kinsley said giving her a sarcastic smile. kinsley turned on her heel and walked away.

"see you at the party, kenny!" caitlin called after her. kinsley ran her tongue over her teeth and shook her head. she brought her free hand up and flipped her off. caitlin smiled to herself running her hand over her mouth.

"this is getting hard to watch." monika said.

"it's getting pathetic." madison said and almost everyone who was watching their interaction nodded their head. they were so blind to see while the rest could see as clear as daylight what was in front of them.

kinsley

liked by stefanigwen and others
kinsley so proud of our girls 🙌........TOLD YOU YOU WERE GOING TO GO HOME WITH A SAD GOODBYE HAHAHHA L
tagged- iowawbb

load more comments !

maddytheplayer couldn't have done it with my favorite cheerleader 😻
kinsley anything for the loml 😽

caitlinclark22 aren't i lucky to be the last person on the post
kinsley oh i posted you? oops, that was my mistake.
caitlinclark22 now why did you delete the picture.
kinsley 😵‍💫

haileyvanlith can't wait till you change teams and cheer for me 😘
kinsley baby i'll give you a private cheer
liked by caitlinclark22

stefanigwen our girls are the best 🙌🙌
kinsley amen

kinsley hopped inside of the shower and quickly washed her hair and her body. once she got out she put on a simple black dress that had a small slit on the right side of her thigh. the middle part of the dress was hung lose so she had to be careful with it.

she pulled on a black denim jacket that was cropped and put on a pair of black platform boot heels. kinsley walked inside of the living room and grabbed the perfume that madison had out and sprayed it over her body.

"woah." stefani gasped walking out of her room dressed in a black tank romper and a white cardigan that only covered her arms.

"is it too much for a simple after party?" kinsley asked going in front of the full body mirror. stefani gasped even more and shook her head.

"i want to date you." stefani muttered taking out her phone and taking a picture of kinsley while she looked at herself. "or maybe i wanna be you."

"who wouldn't want to be me." kinsley said shrugging her shoulders and blowing stefani a kiss. stefani looked her eyes and walked away heading inside of the kitchen.

"okay so, noah is on his way picking us up and then we're going to head to matt's house which is where the party is that." stefani said. matt got a house instead of an apartment or a dorm room when moving because he said he was going to stay in iowa for a long time. but maybe it was just so that he can throw parties.

kinsley, stefani and maddy occasionally go over to that house to help matt clean up since he's still learning how to clean specific things. if the party was at matt's house than they would most likely sleep over at the house and have to clean up in the morning.

"why is matt throwing the party?" kinsley asked stepping away from the mirror and heading over to the kitchen. she leaned against the kitchen island and watched as maddy prepared them a drink. a pre-game.

"i have no idea somehow he convinced them. but i bet you he probably just told people that there's a party at his house since it's friday." stefani said shrugging her shoulders.

"that's shitty." kinsley said, "people should know that the girls won the first game of the season today. that they've got more potential than the boys team combined." kinsley says as she grabs her drink and drinks it down.

"yeah i know kins. but boys will be boys."

• • •

boys will be boys is the realest thing kinsley will always hear. the party wasn't, "only a few people! 60 at max." as matt said. it was probably the entire freshman, sophomore and junior and some senior classes. there were people on the roof, on the front yard, on the porch, sitting on the window with their feet dangling outside.

"i'm going to kill your brother for the mess we have to clean up tomorrow." kinsley said as they stood in front of the house that was already corrupted in a mess. stefani let out a strangled noise and took one step forward. she noticed that kinsley wasn't walking and pulled her along with her.

"come on let's go find his bitch ass." stefani said hooking her arm through kinsley's. the two cheerleaders walked inside of the room and stayed close together. there were bodies everywhere. the living room seemed to be the dance floor because everyone was jumping up and down to the music.

there was a dj that was playing the music loudly. the kitchen was where all the drinks were at. kinsley cringed as she saw people already making out everywhere. there was already a long line to all three bathrooms.

"you've better out a do not enter on our rooms." stefani hissed slapping her brothers arm. matt was too busy making out with a red head girl. matt swatted her sister away not paying attention to her. "matthew i'm serious."

"god, you're so fucking annoying." matt grumbled pulling away from the red head girl. matt gave her one last kiss before going to one of the cabinets. he opened it up and took out a marker, paper and tape. "knock yourself out." he said shoving it to his sister.

"if i were you i'd run." stefani said to the girl smiling at her.

kinsley separated from stefani as the blonde hair girl walked fast up the stairs and then up to the three rooms. kinsley went to the kitchen and poured herself the first thing she saw. she picked it up and took a sip of it and immediately spit it back inside of the red cup.

"that nasty?" she said.

kinsley brought the red cup out of her vision so that she can see the tall brunette leaning against the counter with a red solo cup. one of her arms wrapped around her stomach and the arm having her elbow on top as she kept the red cup close to her mouth.

kinsley put her lips in a tight line and slammed the red solo cup back on the counter. she grabbed the bottle of tequila and took a large sip of it straight out of it. caitlin raised her eyebrows at the cheerleader. kinsley smiled at her sarcastically taking the tequila bottle with her and walking away.

kinsley took another large sip of it as she entered the living room swaying her hips back and forth. she shouted along with everyone else holding the tequila bottle up high. she passed it down to other people.

she lost track of not only time but on how many shots she has taken. kinsley soon started getting tired and very hot by the time that almost everyone was starting to leave. kinsley pushed past the sweaty bodies.

kinsley took off her jacket and threw it on the nearest chair as she walked through the back doors and into the pool area. there were people inside of the pool, people making out by the pool and other people giving the dj that was outside song requests.

kinsley stood on the edge of the pool hugging herself and taking in the fresh air. she's not that drunk to the point where she doesn't know her actions but neither is she sober. kinsley sighed deeply and threw her head back feeling a massive headache coming it's way.

"you look like you need a drink." a male's voice said so she knew it wasn't any of her girl friends. neither was it matt's or noah's voice which are her onky boy friends.

kinsley turned her head to the side and saw a boy with hair that was spiked up. he was about only three inches taller than her. his eyes were bloodshot red and he was holding two clear cups.

"pepsi or coke?" he asked holding up the two cups again.

"coke." kinsley said in a board tone. he grinned and handed her the cup. kinsley took a sip of it. she hummed at the taste and took another decent sip.

then it all happened in a second. someone tall pushed the spike hair boy inside of the pool. kinsley's eyes widen at caitlin who turned around and slammed the cup away from her.

"hey! my dr-drink!" kinsley said blinking rapidly as she felt something change inside of her body. she could feel herself start rocking back and forth. kinsley looked down at her drunk and pouted. she glanced back up at caitlin. caitlin eyes soften but maybe her mind was just playing tricks with her.

"trent goes around here spiking girls drinks." caitlin said angrily holding kinsley's shoulders. "how much did you drink? kenny how much did you drink?"

"um, um," kinsley looked down at then back up at caitlin. "hey," she slurred leaning forward and poking caitlin's cheeks. "your eyes, they're very very pretty." she said continuing to slur out her words. kinsley smiled drunkly.

"mhm, let's go." caitlin said pushing away the way that her heartbeat grew faster. kinsley mumbled something before her legs gave out. "okay, okay," caitlin caught her. she picked up the cheerleader bridal style and started making her way back inside of the house.

"cait? kinsley! what happened?" monika asked rushing over to her friend and glancing between then knocked out kinsley and the worried caitlin.

"someone spiked her drink, im going to go put her upstairs in her room." caitlin said.

"you can't, um, one of the rooms has matt with someone and the other stefani with someone." monika said.

"isn't there three?"

"noah."

"gosh," caitlin muttered shaking her head and rolling her eyes. "i'll just," caitlin started thinking biting her lip and lookin around. "i don't know."

"you can take her back to her apartment. stefani gave me her keys and they live together. here," monika said grabbing the keys and giving them over to caitlin. "take her home."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro