Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Hi Guys! I'm super excited for this story, and I really hope you love it. (: I picture Sara as Indiana Evans

I hope that you guys are okay with vulgar language and sexual scenes because well... they be happenin'

"You can dance! You can jive! Having the time of your life! Ooh~" My mother belts out Dancing Queen, prancing around the living room with a hairbrush in her hand, while I do the same, only there's a toothbrush in mine.

"See that girl! She-" We both sing at the top of our lungs, the stereo system in our home daring us to sing louder.

Finally, Dad walks downstairs, a book in his hand, his glasses on the brim of his nose. Me and my mom pause as the movie keeps playing, rocking the house.

His eyes are strong, unwavering. Then, a large grin spreads over his face, and he puts his book on a step, followed by his glasses. He skips down the stairs, running over to us, laughing. We then continue to sing out the classic from Mama Mia.

"Hello? Sara? You in there?" Rebecca says, waving a hand in front of my face. I blink a few times, snapping back into reality.

"Um, yeah, sorry I just didn't sleep last night," I tell her, stuffing my toothbrush into a compartment in my suitcase.

"I get it," She smiles, and twirls her black curly hair around her finger, eyeing me up and down.

"Are you excited?" She asks, again. I force a smile.

"You bet."

"Sara..."

"I'm good. Really, I'm fine. I am nervous though. I'm moving to another state. Washington is all I've known." Yeah and now I want to get the hell out here.

"California is so cool though! But don't go getting a new besty or I'll fly over there and punch her in the head," Bec says with a teasing grin.

"Maybe I should to give you extra incentive to visit me."

"As if! Get a new best friend and I'll hunt you down!" She hisses, pointing a finger at me.

I can't help but chuckle. I will miss her, but it's time for me to leave this place. I almost can't stand it.

"So, you gonna miss Alex?" She asks, handing me my last sweatshirt in my now empty closet. I frown and let out a sigh.

"You know there was no way in Hell Alex was going to go for...well, this," I gesture to myself, as my hair is in some sort of a nest on my head and I'm in my pajamas.

She gapes at me with a smile following after. "Um, no, he's always looking at you when we're in literature! Well...when we were in literature." She looks outside my window and sighs as if that was so long ago. Due to recent events, that does feel like ages ago.

"Yeah maybe so he could try and figure out how to get an A in the class," I retort.

"I don't blame him, you're a literary genius. Speaking of which..." She trails off, and points to my desk. It has gathered dust since I've stopped going anywhere near it.

"What?"

"All your books, your papers. Are you going to leave them?" She asks. I shrug and think of something else.

A knock on the door brings me out of my misery.

"Honey," my aunt Leslie knocks on the door with a gentle smile. She's my mom's sister, and the two look exactly like. Leslie and my mom both have blonde hair and ice blue eyes, something I've inherited from them. Meanwhile, my dad had dark brown curly hair that he apparently used to put in a pony tail before I was born. Gag right? But I'd give anything to see that hideous pony tail now.

"Are you about ready? We have to be at the airport in 30 minutes, and I figured we'd grab a coffee on our way," She says with a light smile that I return. "Yeah."

My aunt and Bec help me drag my suitcases to our red minivan, struggling to get the heavy ones in. After the three of us hoist the last one in the trunk, I'm forced to say my goodbyes.

Bec has been my best friend all throughout high school. It was funny, the way we met. Our parents were dads were friends, and forced us to meet. At first, we couldn't stand one another. Bec is the star basketball player at Leroy High, and I was the star literature freak. Funny how one things leads to another.

"Remember what I said. You have to tell me when you get there, and send me pictures of all the hot guys, got it?" She says, her warm brown eyes tearing glossing over.

"Remember what I said. You go to Atlanta, and you show everyone who's boss," I say with a closed throat.

"You're so corny," She half-yells with a smile, before embracing me in a tight hug. I return it. After a few more words with one another, I force myself into the car, and leave the only person I can stand in Washington.

"You okay, honey?" Leslie asks, getting onto the highway.

"I guess so."

And that's the conversation we have before we grab coffee, and I'm being dropped off at the airport. Time for another goodbye. Leslie holds back her own tears, wrapping her thin arms around me and squeezing. "I'm so proud of you, Sara. I know they are too." At the mention of my parents, I gulp away the lump in my throat.

"Be safe in California okay? And like Bec said, send us pictures of all the hot surfer boys," She says, releasing me and laughing. I smile at her again before I'm forced to leave.

As I board the plane, my heart begins to ache as I'm now leaving everything I thought I knew. I was so sure about this before, but now that I'm actually on my way, I'm not sure anymore. California has been my dream, but now...

I shake my head at myself before I plug my headphones into my crappy phone, and force myself to sleep.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro