7. Enchanted

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I strolled through the ballroom, elegant and poised. Everyone was so nicely dressed. Mother had spent weeks planning this ball and my own gown had been specially designed for me. She wanted me to be the best dressed at this ball so I could find a proper husband.

"Beth!"

My head turned at the sound of my name being called, my features lighting up when I spotted my best friend approaching. I brought her into a brief embrace. "Annabelle, it's so lovely to see you," I said with a smile.

"It's lovely to see you, too, Beth," she replied with a smile. She stepped back and glanced over her shoulder. A tall and handsome man stepped up beside her. "I would like to introduce you my cousin, Viscount Edward Burke of Rochford. Edward, this is Lady Beth Porter."

Mr. Burke bowed and kissed my hand politely. I couldn't wipe the smile from my face. "It's enchanting to meet you, Viscount Burke."

"Enchanting to meet you as well." He sent me a charming smile as he straightened himself. He had the most wonderful smile, and those blue eyes of him seemed to sparkle in the candlelight.

Annabelle glanced between the two of us and excused herself before walking off, probably to find some handsome duke to dance with.

I looked back to the handsome Viscount in front of me, realizing he was still holding my hand. His hand felt slightly rough, like he spent a lot of time working outside. He quickly realized what he was doing and dropped my hand, leaving me feeling a bit disappointed. However, it wasn't appropriate for him to be holding my hand, so releasing it was the better option.

"Would you care for a dance, Lady Beth?" He asked politely.

"I would like that, very much." I smiled and took his hand once again as he led me towards the dance floor.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro