19: i like where we're going pin

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Chapter Nineteen
I Like Where We're Going Pin

3rd Person POV

iris didn't get on the bus, she ran when zoe told her that pin wasn't coming. she ran as fast as she could while the others called for her but she continued. she ran all the way to pins house and there stood ted

"i knew you wouldn't let him miss this" he said and iris smiled and nodded

"this is his moment" she said and ted nodded as iris looked around and then pin walked out and saw her

"what are you doing here?" he asked and she looked at him and scoffed

" i could ask you the same thing" she said and he looked down

"mom left, i'm not going" he told her and she sighed as she grabbed the post card he handed to jer

"i'm thinking of getting that one framed. reminds me to not get my hopes up" he said and she scoffed

"maybe you should, to tell you that you have never run away pin , ever. not for me, not from competitions and not for anything. you have stayed, you helped me and the moor pony and everyone. you saved bob and i'm not going to let you stay here wasting your time and life away" she ranted and he stopped her as he kissed her .

time stopped. she had wanted this and she was finally getting it. his hands held her face as she held his wrists and felt his pulse point. she needed to know that this was real. she let herself smile into it as he did too and he ran his thumbs over her cheek bones with a smile. when they pulled away, he leaned his forehead against her and they took a deep breathe together

"you let me do it this time" he whispered and she laughed and nudged his nose with hers.

"you didn't give me a chance too" she replied and they both smiled and then they heard someone clear their throat as they turned to see ted there

"the tournament needs you so go. be safe, good luck" he said and iris smiled as pin did too . pin ran and grabbed elvis's saddle as he put it on him and they rode as fast as they could to the rock but it was too late. the boat was gone and iris leaned her head against pins back as they both sighed. that was until there was a hocking behind them and they turned to see wilma and frank

"heard you need a ride!" he called and iris smiled at pin

"how did you know?" she called back

"mom called. now let's go" he said and iris climbed in with pin as they called ted and made sure to tell him about elvis being on the dock. iris sat in the back with pin, rosie and ben as rosie looked at iris and pin who were holding hands

"iris" she whispered and iris looked at her and rosie gestured to their hands as iris smiled

"i'll tell you later" she responded and rosie smiled as she did too. that was until the engine sputtered and then the crawler stopped,

"oh lovely , just great" iris said and she leaned her head her head as pins shoulder who smiled and sighed with her. they got out and looked at it

"probably the throttle valve again. or it could be the oil, or maybe?" frank began listing off as iris looked at pin

"you forgot to put fuel in the tank?" wilma asked and iris smacked her forehead as she turned and put her into pins chest as he wrapped his arms around her and leaned his head on hers.

"oh, as if i'd forget a thing like that. i forgot to fill the fuel tank" he stated and pin groaned as she did too

"we need gas. like right now" iris said as she turned her head away from pins chest.

"i'll look up the closest gas station" rosie spoke and then she sighed

"no signal. there's not cars around either, we're in the middle of nowhere" rosie said

"i guess we better walk really fast" she said and then pin spoke

"or we can go to the fun fair" he said and iris sighed which he noticed and quickly corrected himself

"i'm not giving up on this , i just know that we can buy fuel there . they use it for their generators" he said and iris smiled

"oh how smart you are. how much money do we have?" iris asked and they all stood next to each other as they held out their hands and sighed.

"all together. 71 which is no where near enough" pin said and wilma spoke up

"i may have an idea" she said and they all listened before they went to the fun fair and wilma pretended to be mystic miranda as iris and pin walked around together. iris held his hand as he smiled at her and she smiled at him

"i'm glad we're here. i don't want nationals to change anything between us" she said and he nodded

"we're changing though aren't we?" he asked and she nodded

"it's a good change pin, an amazing change" she said and he leaned down as he kissed her forehead and they sighed together.

"what does it mean for us?" he asked

"me and marcus just broke up and i'm not truly ready to be in a relationship but i like where we're going pin" she said and he led her around the fun fair until rosie ran towards them and grabbed iris's arm

"truly you two are cute but we got the money and you have to get to nationals so let's go" she said and they paid for the fuel quickly before they ran back to the crawler and they put the fuel in. they all got in together and wilma started the crawler again as they began to drive.

iris leaned her head back on pins shoulder as they drove thay was until they got to a tree in the middle of the road and iris groaned

"you know what. we have to run pin, we have to go" she said and pin nodded as they got out of the crawler and they ran as fast as they could to nationals

"we made it" iris said and he nodded

"we did" he said and he turned to her

"you pin are a force to be reckoned with and today you have to show them that. don't let anything get in the way, don't think about me or bullet or raven or zoe. think about yourself and do it" she said and he nodded as he leaned down and kissed her for the second time that day. they heard a gasp and zoe was standing with mia as they stared at them. iris noticed that they were holding hands and she smiled

"when did this happen?" zoe asked them and she smiled

"i'll tell you later, we have nationals to win" she said and she ran her hand over pins arm again before she walked away with the girls and they both smiled at her

"i always knew that you two would end up together" mia said and iris smiled

"we're not dating" she said and zoe sighed

"so what was the kiss?" zoe asked

"kiss ? what kiss?" marcus asked and iris looked at him and sighed

"i kissed pin twice" she said and marcus sighed

"i'm happy for you iris. now go get bullet ready. he began to think you weren't coming. mia and zoe already signed you in" he said and iris walked over to bullet and pet him

"tomorrow no matter what happens. it's you and me out there and we know it. you and me" she said and she leaned her head against his and she smiled at sbe pet him one last time and then led him out so they could look over the course.

"we got this" she told him and she led him back to his trailer with a smile.

she was ready for tomorrow, no matter what she thought . she was ready and she knew she was.

-ABBYS NOTES-
OH THANK THE LORD, FINALLY

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro