25: iris was always going to try

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Chapter Twenty-Five
iris was always going to try

3rd person pov

the next day , Iris did what she did. she woke up and got dressed. she got the stables and she felt someone grab her arm so she looked up and she saw gaby holding her arm with a scared look on her face.

"g, hey whats up? whats going on?" she asked the scared girl in front of her and gaby looked at the ground

" I think ariel is going into labor, do you know where pin is?" she asked and iris shook her head and she pulled her phone out.

"no but I can call him. in the mean time, what do you need me to do?" she asked and gaby smiled at the girl. no matter what, iris was always going to try and help someone even if she was anger.

some people say time repeats itself, maybe it does, maybe it doesn't but this action showed that iris was practically the carbon copy of maggie Phillips and they all could see that. gaby looked at the girls eyes and she saw no ill intent . she saw no harsh thoughts , she just saw a girl who wanted to help and cared about everyone in her own little way.

"just stay with me and ariel please" Gaby spoke and Iris nodded as she grabbed gabys hand and she ran her thumb over it.

"of course gaby. I'm here for both of you. now let me call pin and see if he can get here, if not I think we might be on our own" she said and she stepped away from gaby for a second as she called her boyfriend but there was no answer and it went to voicemail.

"anything?" gaby asked and iris shook her head as she put her phone back in her pocket and she turned to gaby.

"nothing, we just need to be there for her right now g" she said and gaby nodded as iris grabbed her hand and she led her back to the stall with ariel in it. they heard her let out a loud whinny as they walked in and as climbed up onto the ledge as gaby walked to ariel and she ran her hand over her side. Iris looked at the pair with a smile on her face.

"you're really good with her y'know?" iris said and gaby smiled up at her as Ariel whinnied again and they both stared at her

"thanks" she said and Iris nodded as she sighed and opened her phone again. no missed calls, no nothing. The girls walked into the room and they all looked at gaby and iris

"wheres zoe?" Becky asked and Iris sighed.

"I watched gaby call her a few minutes ago. shes not coming and pin isn't either. i think we're delivering this foal on our own" Iris spoke and She heard becky take in a deep breathe before she walked out of the room with the others following and Marcus walked in as he looked at the two girls

"how is she?" he asked and they both looked at him. Iris looked at gaby who looked at ariel and then the ground

"I don't know, what if something is wrong? we need pin" Gaby said and Iris sighed again as she pulled her phone out again and she clicked his contact. she listened to it ring and then she heard it go to voicemail and she sighed and put her phone back

"he's not answering, I don't know what we can do" Iris spoke and gaby sighed too. They all watched as Ariel looked around and then she laid on the ground. Iris stood up and jumped from the ledge and stood next to gaby. she grabbed her hand as gaby gasped in fear

"ariel" she said and Iris held gabys hand as they both looked at ariel in fear. Iris knew that she wasn't supposed to be laying on the ground and iris was scared but not as scared as gaby and she needed to be there for her.

"Marcus! help" Iris and Gaby called out as Marcus came running back in and saw ariel on the ground. Iris saw mia following close behind him but they didn't say anything due to the fact that this was gabys moment. Iris let gaby turn to Marcus as she keaned against the wall.

"she shouldn't be lying down" Marcus stated and Gaby nodded

"I know, I'm scared. we cant do this on our own, we need pin but hes" gaby said and she reached for iris

"he's at the castle pin is at the castle. i saw ted heading there this morning" Mia said and Gaby ran out of the stall as Iris sat down on the ground next to Marcus and they all stared at ariel waiting for gaby to come back and for pin to be following close behind her. they waited with bated breathe and fear. that was until gaby came in with pin and zoe following close behind.

"wheres iris?" she heard him ask and she got off of the ground as she turned to him

"I'm right here, you and gaby got this. ariel needs you two" Iris said and she walked out of the stall and she sat down next to the others as zoe looked at her and then the ground

"why didn't you or gaby call me?" zoe whispered and iris sighed

"not right now, zoe please" she said and zoe scoffed.

"guys, there's someone I think you should meet" gaby said and she opened the door as they all walked and they saw the foal standing up next to ariel. Iris smiled at the sight as did everyone else.

"is it a he or she?" aaron asked

"a he" pin stated

"his coat its almost black, like" Marcus said

"raven. he looks just like raven did when he was a foal. ravens the father" zoe said and she walked out as she brought raven into the room and they all smiled at them.

"that's why ariel came back to bright fields, she was looking for raven" Gaby said

"she knew he'd be there when times got tough" zoe said and then they heard a car driving in and iris looked at everyone and then at gaby.

"ill stay in here with them. you guys can handle them" she said and they all nodded as they walked out of the room and iris heard everything but she didn't say anything. she ran her hand over ravens mane as she listened in. until zoe walked in with the mayor and iris sighed. she again felt eyes on her but she didn't say anything.

"well thank you for making this easier for me" the mayor said and iris make eye contact with zoe as the mayor left the room and iris leaned her head against raven. she didn't know what was happening outside of the stall but when she found out, she would be amazed and happy.

iris felt like everything was going to be okay but she didn't know that and maybe in that moment, she didn't need too. she would be too scared to find out what was going to happen after everything.

it was all going to be okay, or was it?

-ABBYS NOTES-

little rants about the relationships I create make me feel better. Iris and Gaby being friends makes me feel so much better after everything that happened between them in season 2. They are polar opposites but it doesn't mean that they cant be friends. iris may worry about everyone and everything and there's no way she wouldn't worry about gaby too. Iris cares too much and I wouldn't make her hate gaby for changing. they make me feel better and happier.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro