⚜♚33. Loved Ones ♚⚜

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

**BONUS CHAPTER FOR YOU GUYS, BECAUSE YOU ALL ARE SO AMAZING! THIS IS DEDICATED TO EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU! 

Rohaan

"Yamna?" I jogged down the hotel corridors, looking for her.

I had come out of the shower and she hadn't been in the room. I'd thought that she had gone to Chachi's room, but it had been almost half an hour.

After all that drama that had happened, I was even more worried about her. 

Finally, I found her in the courtyard, sitting on a bench reading a book, with a carton of mango juice beside her. "Yamna!" 

She looked up, sipping on her juice through a straw, eyes wide.

"One message, one note, anything, yaar." I sat down beside her. 

"I felt like having a juice. And I thought that this was a good place to read." She shrugged.

"Just tell me where you are, especially after we experience drama." I lightly nudged her shoulder with mine. "What are you reading?" 

Her cheeks turned pink. "Nothing." She hid her book from me.

I laughed. "Oh, now I need to know. Come on." I reached out, engulfing her in my arms as I reached behind her to grab her book. I managed to grab it, and burst out laughing. "Good God, who comes up with these titles?!" It was a book called, 'This Love of Ours'.

She stood up and reached for it. "Rohaan, give it back!" 

I chuckled. "It'll cost you." 

"It's my book!" She frowned, reaching for it again.

I stood up, holding the book up. Now she couldn't reach it, even if she tried.

"I'm telling Tayan. Enough is enough!" 

"You think that scares me?" I smirked.

She stilled, her expressions turning neutral. "Okay. Fine." She turned to walk out of the courtyard.

"Where are you going?"

"To speak to Tayan." 

"You're my wife, Yamna. Learn to deal with situations without involving parents." I spoke with a challenge in my voice.

She turned to face me, eyes narrowing.

"Get this book from me yourself... if you dare." I teased her. 

She glanced around, and to my surprise, she kicked off her shoes and stepped onto the bench, reaching for the book. She almost got it, but the idiot that I was, I stepped back. She shrieked as she almost lost her balance. I dropped the book, catching her just in time. 

"You okay, hamster?"

She jumped down from my arms and picked the book up. "Never challenge me, detective." Putting her shoes back on, she grabbed her juice box and rushed away.

I grinned in disbelief. You won this one, hamster.

"What?!" Behaya looked shocked. "How dare that man plan an attack against our Papa?" 

It had felt like ages since I had chatted to Behaya, or even Hoor. But I'd finally decided to conference call my siblings. Hoor hadn't answered, only Behaya and Arsal.

"What a psycho! After the tragedy Kamran Nana experienced, this is what Hashir Mamu does?" Arsal looked disgusted.

"It's okay. I beat him up." I lay back on the bed, one arm folded behind my head. 

Yamna came into the room, glancing discreetly at me. She had gone to check up on Chachi.

"Forget everything else. How is Team Mamu?" I asked.

"Maham wants to come to you, Rohaan." Behaya smiled. "Arham, and even Ali, even packed their bags. They said they want to be with Mamu for support." 

"For support?" I chuckled. 

"In case you need help in looking after everyone." Behaya laughed. "Anyway, how is Yum-Yum? I heard she was unwell." 

"Your Bhabi doesn't want to speak to you." I winked at Yamna, who glared at me.

"Haya Appi, that's not true!" She came over and grabbed my wrist to turn it so that the camera was on her. "Assalam Alaikum!"

"Walaikum Assalam!" My brother and sister replied.

"I know, Yum-Yum. I would never believe anything Badrooh says against you." Behaya said. 

"How is everyone back there?" Yamna asked.

They chatted for a while, with my wife still holding onto my wrist. When the call ended, Yamna handed me my phone back.

I sat up straight, and tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear. Her cheeks turned pink. I smiled. "I just look at you, and you blush."

"It's the way you look at me." She whispered, her gaze lowered.

"How?" 

"Like...like I'm a fairy or something." She shrugged.

"Yamna, your examples are as adorable as you." 

She slid her hand into mine. "How did Haya Appi and Arsal Bhai react when they saw your face?" 

I knew very well that she was sneakily diverting the topic. She seemed unsure about how to handle romantic moments between us, which I thought was cute. I chuckled. "Behaya said that I look better than I normally look." 

She giggled. "She's wrong." She muttered, her words almost inaudible.

"Wait...what? Did you say that your Haya Appi was wrong?" 

"You're very handsome, Ma Sha Allah. With or without bruises... although it's best if you don't have bruises." She hugged herself, her face lowered so that her hair fell forward to hide her face.

"Haaye. What did I do to deserve these sweet compliments?" I squeezed her hand.

"Because you deserve genuine compliments too. Not just joking and teasing." She leaned her head against my arm.

I placed my hand on her cheek, making her look up at me. "What are you doing to me, Yamna?" I leaned forward to kiss her slowly and softly.

"Rohaan." She sat sideways and placed her hands on my biceps.

"Hmm?" 

"You are my favourite person." She said, shyly.

I leaned forward to kiss her again.

"You don't have to say that I'm your favourite too. It's okay." She added, quickly. "I'm happy enough just being one of your favourites." 

"Yamna." I placed my hand on her shoulder. "You are my favourite person." 

Her eyes widened in awe, and a wide smile appeared on her face. "Really?" 

I wrapped my arm around her. "Really. You well and truly are sunshine, not just for Chachu and Chachi, but for everyone, especially me. You brighten up my day, Yamna, especially after a tough day at work. You bring so much positivity into my life, it's sometimes unbelievable. Ma Sha Allah and Alhumdulillah. So, yes, Yamna Rohaan, you are my favourite person." 

"I love you." She closed her eyes, whispering out the words.

"I love you too." I kissed her forehead. 

Arsalan

"I feel terrible." I paced the living room. "Papa or Ro could have gotten seriously hurt. I should have been there!" 

"Aslan, nobody could have even imagined that this could even happen." Hira tried to reassure me.

"I spoke crap about Papa, and he almost got shot. This is a lesson for me, Hira. I should not ever harbour ill feelings towards my family, especially when they don't deserve that." I turned to face her. "Did you see Rohaan's face? My tough detective brother got hurt... how much danger they must have been if those pr*cks managed to hurt Rohaan!" I took my phone out.

"Aslan, what are you doing?" She asked.

"I'm calling Papa. I want to speak to him."

She sat back, looking at me wearily.

I dialled my father's number and waited a few rings before he answered. "Assalam Alaikum, Papa."

"Walaikum Assalam, Arsal! How are you? Everything okay back home?" 

"Everything is fine here, Alhumdulillah. But I hear what happened there. Are you okay?" 

"We're all fine, Alhumdulillah, bachay. Don't worry." 

"Papa, if I ever said or did anything to hurt you, unintentionally or intentionally, to your face or behind your back, I'm sorry." I blurted out. "The thought of anything happening to you has been driving me crazy, and I don't want you to be upset with me." 

"Arsal, I never hold grudges against anyone, let alone my kids. I know the four of you would never say or do anything intentionally to hurt me or your mother. Don't worry about it." 

"Please take care of yourselves and get back home safely, In Sha Allah. All of you." 

"In Sha Allah." He said. "Stop stressing out, Arsalan. Just take care of everyone back home, okay?" 

"Yes, Papa. Hoor Appi and Haya Appi will be coming over to Dado's house for a couple of days. We'll all be here."

"Good. Your Dado and Dada Jaan okay? Yasin?" 

"They're all okay, Papa. Alhumdulillah." 

"Have you topped up their..."

"Medications? Yes." I smiled. 

"Good. Take care of each other, you and Tahira too, okay?" 

"Yes, Papa." 

"Give him my salaam." Hira whispered.

"Papa, Tahira is giving you all her salaam."

"Walaikum Assalam." 

Once the call ended, I sat down with a relieved sigh.

"Okay?" Hira smiled at me.

"Yeah." 

Saim

I found myself in the courtyard, sitting on the bench.

I was relieving memories of my wedding, but not the ones of the wedding itself, but of the moments shared with the two most important people in my life at that point in my life.

FLASHBACK

I was frowning at myself in front of the mirror. "I am fat. The sherwani is now clinging on to me."

Mama laughed. "You are just being paranoid." 

Anabia entered n her pink maxi dress with silver embroidery. "Mama, does this look fine?"

"Yes, my angel. Ma Sha Allah, both my twin babies look stunning. May Allah protect you both from evil eyes. Ameen." 

"Babies? I'm about to get married, Mama." I shook my head.

"Oh, shush. You'll always be my babies." She pinched my cheek, before placing a hand on my shoulder. "I know that I couldn't give you two the world, my jaans, but I tried to give you something even more important: a good upbringing. Always remember those values. Always remember that goodness of the heart and soul is more important than anything materialistic. Never compromise on your conscience for anything in the world."  She slid one arm through mine, and the other arm through Anabia's. "Be good people, be good spouses. Raise your children in a way in which you don't have to feel ashamed about facing your Creator on judgement day." 

"I'm not even married yet." Anabia muttered.

"Saim's married. You'll be married soon too, In Sha Allah." Mama said. "Always remember my words of wisdom. One day, you'll remember me and think that poor Mama was right to be always lecturing us."

"I don't want to witness a day without you, Mama." Anabia got emotional.

I moved to wrap my arms around my sister and mother. "I promise that I'll always behave in a way that will make you proud, Mama... or at least I'll try." 

"Me too." Anabia said. "Even though, I'm more than likely to mess up." 

"Humans mess up, Anabia, but conscientious person knows to repent and repair." Mama said. "And one last thing, never, ever drift apart. I want my children to have this beautiful bond even long after I'm gone."

PRESENT

I buried my face in my hands, as tears escaped my eyes. I hadn't cried much since Mama's death, but everything had been hectic. Now, sitting here in a peaceful space, I felt her loss deeply. 

I was now forced to live in a world without Mama.

"Hey, Terror Twin." 

I looked up and saw Anabia approaching. Giving me a sad smile, she sat down beside me, placing her hand on my shoulder. "You okay, Saim?" 

"I feel like I still need her. But she's gone." 

"I'm so sorry, Saim. I feel like I haven't been there for you enough." She looked tearful. "We both need each other so much right now, and I wasn't available for you. I'm so sorry."

"I still feel like she's a phone call away. I'd call her and she'd laugh at me for being so worried about her." I muttered. "I'd do anything to hear her voice again, Ana." I took my phone out and brought up my favourite photo from Arsal's wedding. Mama with all her grandchildren, their spouses and great-grandchildren. "We still used to get scolded if we ever told our kids off." 

Ana laughed. "Yeah, nobody knows that better than me. Ro, especially, always used to call her when he was a teenager, to complain about me." 

"So did Bunny." I smiled. 

She rested her head against my shoulder.

I swiped to the video.

"Maham, show your badi Nano your dress." Haya was saying to Maham, who shyly walked towards Mama, showing her the dress that she was wearing for Arsal's wedding.

"Ma Sha Allah! Main sadqay jaaon!" Mama kissed Maham's cheeks. "Mere paalay paalay bachay, Ma Sha Allah!"

*"My sweet little kids, Ma Sha Allah!"

Anabia started crying, low soft sobs that clearly reflected her pain and heartbreak. I wrapped my arm around my twin sister, feeling tears in my own eyes. 

While a part of me wished that my wife had been able to come, I knew that right now, I needed my twin sister more than anyone in the world.

Rohaan

I came out of our hotel room and saw Papa coming my way, heading towards the lifts. "Hey, Boss Man. What's wrong?" 

"I was worried about Anabia. She's been gone a while." 

I chuckled. "Like father, like son. Or shall I say, like saas, like bahu." 

He smiled weakly, but then he glanced over my shoulder. "Anya?"

I turned and saw my mother walking towards her, clearly looking like she had just cried. "Mama, what's wrong?" 

She approached us and slid one arm through mine, and one through Papa's. "Nothing, don't worry. Saim and I needed to properly grieve together for our Mama, and it's done. We didn't realise how much we needed each other right now."

"You okay?" Papa and I asked in unison.

"Mamu okay?" I added.

She nodded. "He went to call Laila. But, anyway, it's dinner time. You all must be hungry. Get Yamna. I'll get Saba. Let's go downstairs." 

Papa and I exchanged a look.

"Anya, you sure you're okay, right?" Papa studied her expressions carefully.

"Something feels off." I sensed what Papa seemed to have sensed.

"I feel angry." Mama admitted. "We barely got a chance to grieve over our mother, and Hashir did this. He has no respect, no regard, that selfish little..." 

"You need to punch something." I told her.

My parents looked at me like I had lost my mind.

"Come." I gently took my Mama by her arm and led her towards mine and Yamna's room. Using the key card, I opened the door slightly. "Hamster, I'm bringing in Mama and Papa." 

"Of course!" She called back.

I entered, holding onto Mama's arm, and Papa followed, bemused. "Punch the cushion." I grabbed a throw cushion from the sofa, where Yamna had been sitting. "You know what I do when I'm furious? I go to the gym and take it out on a punching bag. You punch this cushion." 

"Rohaan, I don't punch when I'm angry." Mama looked bewildered. 

"Try it." I held up the hard throw cushion in front of my chest. "Try it, Mama. Trust me." 

"Don't be ridiculous, Rohaan. You'll get hurt!" She looked horrified.

I chuckled. "No offence, Mama, from your punch? No. From Behaya's, potentially, but from yours, absolutely not." 

"Rehan, your son has lost it." Mama looked at Papa.

"Try it, Anya." He gave her a small smile. "What's the harm?" 

"Hashir Kamran caused so much chaos after such a huge tragedy. He gave no respect, no regards to anyone." I provoked her. "Papa almost got shot." 

And that's when Mama reached back and finally punched the cushion. It was a light punch, but she seemed to feel slight better, because she did it again and again, bursting into tears. Finally, she pressed her forehead against the cushion that I still held against my chest, crying hard.

"Anya." Papa pulled her into his arms. 

"Good, you let out your anger, Mama." I said, softly. "Let it go, okay? He's an a****le. The police is dealing with him. Leave it to Allah now, okay?" I put my hand on her shoulder. "From today on, nothing about Hashir Kamran should bother you. He's irrelevant, and he's not worth my mother stressing over." 

She threw her arms around me, crying against me now. "Rohaan, may Allah reward you in every way possible for the way you take care of me and your Papa. May you always be happy, successful and healthy. May you and Yamna have a long, blissful marital life. Ameen." 

I scoffed. "I'm not doing you any favours, Boss Woman. I'm just fulfilling my duties." I kissed the top of her head, and with one arm, patted my father's back. 

Yamna was in tears as well as she witnessed this. 

I decided to lighten the mood a little. "Yamna, you better take care of my parents, yeah? Otherwise..."

"Otherwise what?" Papa spoke up immediately, glaring at me.

"Otherwise nothing." I grinned. "As if I would ever dare threaten Tayan's chamchi in front of him."

"Behave." Mama warned me. "You're lucky to have Yamna." 

I glanced at my wife and smiled. "You guys are right. She truly is a blessing for me. Alhumdulillah." 

Yamna blushed and walked over to hug Mama, shyly burying her face in her shoulder.

"Aww, my shy sweetheart." Mama hugged her tightly. 

But underneath all this emotional family stuff, something was brewing in my mind.

I wasn't done with Hashir Kamran yet. 

No way would I ever let go of someone who organised an attack against my father. How dare anyone even think about causing Rehan Tariq any harm in my lifetime?

You will pay for this, you f**ker. I don't know how, but you will.

You guys have been amazing, so I wanted to give you this emotional, but sweet chapter.

Rohaan is truly becoming his parents' support, a pillar of strength.

Poor Saim. I actually feel very sorry for him.

Favourite part?

Thoughts and comments?

Thank you for reading and don't forget to vote!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro