⚜♚57. The World of Ours ♚⚜

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

All copyrights ©️ belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

The 'your sister' error has been amended. 😂For those oblivious to the glitch, this occurred during a conversation between Rohaan and Farhaan, where Ro referred to Hoor as 'your sister', rather than 'my sister'. 😂

A special thank you to @suns2411. I have noticed the extra effort in commenting! 😊

But thank you to everyone in general too.

Rohaan

Yamna used to p**s me off a lot. And I mean, a lot.

Every other day, I was in trouble with Dad because of her. But the worst time was the time I saved up for months to buy tickets for a major football match. Two days before it, I scared Yamna badly while she was riding her pink bike, causing her to fall off and scrape her elbows a bit. It wasn't too bad, and even Chachi said that wouldn't mention it to Mama and Papa. 

But then who blabbed to Papa the moment he got back? Yep, Chamchi Number One.

Papa didn't let me go to the match. Arsal used my ticket instead to go with Harris and Shayaan. I had been furious, but my father warned me that if I said anything to Yamna regarding that, I would face further 'deprivation' from things that I like, including playing video games or football with friends. 

And now, I stood staring at my wife as she waited for the potentially life-changing test result.

"It's negative." She whispered.

I studied her face. There was a hint of disappointment, a touch of heartbreak in her expressions. I reached for her and grabbed her hand. "It's okay." 

She shook her head, tears in her eyes.

"Yamna, it's okay, sweetheart." I wrapped my arms around her, letting her sob against my chest. "You know me. I don't mind the continuously trying process." 

She giggled despite her disappointment. "Rohaan..." She lightly pounded at my chest with her fist. She looked up at me as a lone tear rolled down her cheek. "I don't even know why I'm so disappointed."

I put my hands on her cheeks. "We're not in a rush. When it happens, it happens." 

She nodded, wrapping her arms around me and clinging to me. 

She used to p**s me off. 

And now I'd f**king fight the world for her. 

Yamna

The next weekend was long weekend, so Mama suggested that we go for a weekend trip to the beach.

Rohaan was working, but I was free, and I agreed to go with my parents. It had been a while since I'd been anywhere with them, anyway.

Normally, I enjoyed road trips; the longer, the better. But this time, as we drove along the motorway towards Portsmouth, I began to feel nauseated.

The reason I wanted to do that pregnancy test was because the scents of foods that I loved were starting to make me nauseated. Could the test result be a false negative? 

I closed my eyes, willing the nausea to go away.

"Yamna, are you okay?" Mama's voice came from the front passenger seat. "You've been very quiet." 

"Y-Yes, Mama. After a week at work, I'm tired." 

"Our daughter is employed now, Saba. Ma Sha Allah! This is the 'first day off' tiredness that we all experience." Papa spoke in a light tone as he drove.

"How is the job going, Sunshine?" 

"Great." I muttered, reaching for my water bottle and taking a sip from it.

"Let her rest, Saba. You have the whole weekend to talk to her." 

I dozed off, thankfully. 

Rohaan

"Boss Woman, I want to teach you how to shoot." I said it casually.

My parents both stared at me as if I'd grown horns on my head.

"Yaar, Anya, yeh kya cheez paida ki hai tumne?" Papa looked at Mama, fondly.

*"Anya, what have you given birth to?" 

"Maine paida ki hai, laikin aulaad aapki bhi hai." Mama shot back, before turning to me. "Where do you get these ideas from?" 

*"I gave birth to him, but he's also your son."

I shrugged. "I want my family safe."

"Now, at this age, you want me to go around shooting people?" Mama shook her head.

"It's only a safety precaution, in case I'm not around." 

With Arsal and Tahira both working late, I had come over to my dadiyal for dinner. I would never admit it out loud, but the house had felt too quiet. 

"I would like to learn. I wish I had a chance earlier." Dado smiled.

I chuckled. "You are Dado goals, seriously. But you can still learn." 

"Rohaan, why are you suddenly thinking these things? Did something happen?" My mother asked, staring at me suspiciously.

After what happened with Hoor and Annie, I'm even more worried about my family. But that matter is still a secret. "I'm a Detective. That's enough of a reason for me to be extra cautious about the safety of my family."

"You can always quit?" Mama suggested lightly, but I knew that she wouldn't particularly mind if I did quit.

"Quitting isn't in the Tariq family blood." I said, simply. "Nor have I learnt it from you, Mamu or Nano." 

"May Allah always protect you, Rohaan. Ameen." Dado said. "May He keep us all safe. Ameen."

"Ameen." Everyone repeated.

My phone buzzed, and I glanced at it a I chewed roti and chicken karahi

<Yamna: Reached. Papa almost got us lost, but we're here.>

I smiled. Chachu was still terrible with directions, even with GPS. "They have reached. Alhumdulillah." 

"Alhumdulillah. Saba and Yasin were both looking forward to spending this weekend with Yamna." Mama smiled. "I know the feeling so well. It's so special to have the chance to spend time with your daughters after they are married."

"It's peaceful for the husbands too." I said.

Dada Jaan chuckled, earning a glare from Dado.

"Sudhar ja, Rohaan." Papa said in a warning tone.

*"Sort yourself out, Rohaan."

"Admit it, Dad. You got peace when Mama took us kids to Nano's or Mamu's." I looked at my father, smirking.

A small smile appeared on Papa's face. "I can't deny that..."

"Rehan!" Mama glared at him.

"TV to myself, I could read and write in peace, and that peaceful silence..." Papa said. 

"Oh, those days..." Even Dada Jaan added.

I laughed.

"You think I don't know that you came here because the house felt quiet without Yamna?" Mama raised an eyebrow at me.

I scoffed.

"Of course. Our sweet Yamna bring liveliness in his life." Dado said, fondly. "He misses her."

"Before kids, you might miss your wife. After kids, you enjoy the peace." Dada Jaan was in a proper mood today, and I loved it.

"I couldn't agree more, Dad." Papa laughed.

"We all ladies should go away for a while, and then we'll see, Anabia." Dado said to Mama.

My phone buzzed again.

<Yamna: There's no Wi-Fi here! 🙁>
<Yamna: I have to use my mobile network.>

"Lagta hai bechain hamari bachi bhi hai." Dado teased.

*"Looks like our girl is restless too."

"Of course, Dado. Who wouldn't miss me?" I shrugged.

"Well... it has been peaceful now that we don't live with our sons." My father, of course, had to mess with me.

Everyone laughed, and even I couldn't help but chuckle.

Yamna

Papa had gone out to get some dinner, while Mama was in their room, unpacking the necessities.

I was just placing Mr. Bunny on the bed, when the nausea started again. This time it was so severe, I got up and dashed towards the bathroom, making it just in time to throw up in the toilet.

"Yamna!" Sounding alarmed, Mama appeared in the doorway of the bathroom. "Sunshine..." She rubbed my back, holding my hair back, as I threw up.

Finally, I straightened up and headed to the sink.

"Where's your toothbrush?" She asked. 

"In the pink toiletries bag." I groaned.

She rushed and got my toothbrush, a tube of toothpaste and a small bottle of mouthwash.

"I feel terrible, Mama."

She was staring at me thoughtfully as I brushed my teeth and rinsed my mouth with mouthwash. "Yamna, is there a possibility...?" 

When I spat out the mouthwash, I shook my head. "We took a test recently."

"Do you have another test?" 

I nodded.

"Take it. Chances are that if you took the first one too early, it could have shown a false negative." Mama told me, gently.

"I'm scared, Mama." 

"I know that motherhood seems scary at first, but Allah gives us strength to go through it, my sweet sunshine."

"I... I'm not scared of that. I'm scared if it... it happens again?" A tear escaped my eye.

"Don't stress. First of all, take the test, okay?" She kissed my cheek. "I'm here for you, my angel."

I nodded. "Okay, Mama." 

I don't even know how I was feeling.

Scared.

Nervous.

Anxious.

Excited?

Ya Allah, if the result comes positive, please protect my baby. I can't go through that grief again. Ameen.

I had set the timer on my phone and I sat on the edge of the bathtub, feeling nerves deep within my belly. I knew that outside, Mama was in a similar nervous state.

The timer went off, and I jumped. With my legs trembling, I moved over to the counter to look at the test. 

Positive.

I burst into tears. I was relieved, happy, excited...and still nervous and anxious, as well as terrified. Alhumdulillah, Ya Rabbil Alameen.

"Yamna?" Mama knocked lightly on the bathroom door.

"C-Come in, Mama." 

She entered, her own face pale with anxiety. "Well?" 

I rushed over to her and hugged her. "Mama, you... you are going to be a Nano, In Sha Allah."

She hugged me back tightly. "Oh, my sweetheart Sunshine..." She was sobbing quietly. "May Allah protect you and your baby. Ameen." 

"What's going on?" Papa sounded confused as he stopped outside the bathroom doorway.

Mama looked at me, questioningly.

"You tell him." I muttered, burying my face in my Mama's shoulder.

"Yasin, congratulations! You are going to be a Nana!" Mama was smiling and crying at the same time.

I turned to sneak a peek at Papa's expressions, and my heart warmed. 

He had a wide smile on his face, and tears in his eyes. "Ma Sha Allah! May Allah protect you both. Ameen." 

I walked over to him and he patted my head. 

"May Allah bless you, Rohaan and your future family with unlimited happiness and good health. May you face no more trouble and pain. Ameen." An actual tear rolled down my sweet, emotional father's cheek.

"Ameen." Mama wrapped her arm around me. 

Papa wrapped his arms around both of us, and the three of us had a group hug right there in the bathroom.

Rohaan

"Seriously. Married men only hang out with friends when the wives are away." Shayaan grinned.

"Shut up, Mr. Bunny." I paused. "I mean, Bunny."

"Mr. Bunny? Since when am I given such respect?" My cousin chuckled.

I was bored, so I had come to my Mamu's from my dadiyal, and now Shayaan and I were playing video games.

"Shukar hai is munday ko hamare ghar ka rasta bhi yaad hua, Laila." Mamu said as he and Mumani walked into the living room. He ruffled my hair before sitting down on a sofa nearby.

*"Thank God this boy remembered the way to our home, Laila."

I grinned. "Mama told me not to visit you."

He laughed. "Once a Terror Twin, always a Terror Twin."

"I'm sure Anabia said no such thing." Mumani smiled.

"You don't mind me being here, right?" I glanced over my shoulder at the couple.

"Chup kar." Mamu said. "How dare you even ask that?"

*"Shut up."

"We miss having you guys over." Mumani added. "It used to be so lively."

"And then they got imprisoned in the jail of marriage." Shayaan said.

"We'll ask you soon, bro." I told him. 

My phone buzzed, but I was playing the game, so I didn't check immediately.

It was only when I was leaving Mamu's house, close to midnight, that I saw Yamna's message.

<Yamna: Rohaan, I need to talk to you urgently.>

I got into my car and video called her.

"Assalam Alaikum." She answered. She seemed to be in a bedroom, sitting up in bed.

"Walaikum Assalam. You okay?" 

"Rohaan, I..." She bit her lower lip and she closed her eyes. "I took the test again."

I froze, and for a few moments, I couldn't even speak. "And?" 

"I'm pregnant." Her eyes remained closed as she seemed to gasp out the words.

At first, my mind didn't register the words. Maybe it was sort of unexpected for Yamna to just blurt those words out so directly to me, with only a small amount of shyness. But as soon as my mind realised what the hell was happening, a wide grin appeared on my face. "Seriously?" I thought of Maham, baby Annie, Ali and Arham, and how much I adored them. It was time I got my own as well, In Sha Allah.

She nodded. "I was feeling so sick almost the whole way here, so I took the test. And... and Mama and Papa know."

"I'm coming." I made up my mind to drive down to Portsmouth immediately.

"No, Rohaan, it's very late." She said, softly. "I only called you because you have the right to know first." 

"Yamna, how do you expect me to wait the whole weekend to see you?" 

"It'll be worth the wait." She smiled. "In Sha Allah." 

"How did Chachu and Chachi react?" 

"They got really emotional, but they've been giving us countless duas." She used the back of her hand to wipe her own tears. "I want to hug you so much right now, Rohaan."

"And that's why I said, I'm coming." 

"No. If you love me, you won't drive in the middle of the night to see me. Contrary to popular belief, it's not romantic. It's concerning." 

I tilted my head back against the headrest, sighing. "Fine. I'll wait. After all, you have to come back to me, In Sha Allah." 

"I... I love you." She said, shyly.

"I love you too, hamster." 

Third Person POV

After Saba prayed Fajr, she raised her hands in dua. Ya Allah, Ya Rabbil Alameen, my daughter has received such a beautiful news once again. Please protect her, her baby, her husband. Please give them a lifetime of good health, happiness, and fill their lives with endless love. Ya Allah, never let my daughter face grief again. Ameen. Happy tears slipped out of her eyes. 

"It's unbelievable, isn't it?" Yasin whispered as the two stood up and folded their individual prayer mats. "We are going to be grandparents, In Sha Allah! Saba, my happiness knows no bounds! May Allah protect our Yamna and Rohaan, and their baby. Ameen."

"Ameen." Saba smiled. "It is unbelievable. Our baby girl..."

"And my boy Rohaan." An adoring smile appeared on his face. His heart filled up with love for his daughter and his beloved nephew. 

"May Allah protect our kids. Ameen." Saba whispered.

"Ameen." Yasin was in tears once again. "I'm going to pamper the baby so much, In Sha Allah! More than I even pampered Yamna."

Saba found her husband's excitement adorable. She could already picture him with his grandchild, and even the thought of it made her happy.

"Saba, please go check on Yamna. Make sure she's okay." Suddenly, Yasin looked concerned for his daughter.

"I just checked on her when I went for wudhu, but I'll check again." She smiled. She headed out of their room to Yamna's room, and pushed open the door.

Yamna had also just finished praying and was making dua. She looked like the sweetest, most innocent angel in the white hijab and pink abaya. As she stood up, Saba walked over to her, recited Ayat-ul-Kursi, and blew it over her daughter, before kissing her forehead.

"May you and your baby remain under the protection of Allah. Ameen." 

"And Rohaan too. Ameen." Yamna whispered, blushing.

"Ameen. Of course." 

"Mera bacha, go to sleep now, okay?" Saba said. "I'll make the breakfast in the morning. You don't need to do anything but rest, okay?" 

"Mama..."

"No arguments." She said. "Warna sasural waalay kaheinge ke hamari bahu ka khayal nahin rakha." She joked.

*"Otherwise your in-laws would say that we didn't take care of their daughter-in-law."

Yamna giggled. "Mama, seriously!" 

"Go to bed. Now!" 

"Okay, okay!" With another giggle, she took her abaya off, as well as her hijab.

Saba took the items from her hands, and watched as her daughter got into bed, clutching onto Mr. Bunny. 

"May Allah's angels watch over you in the night, to protect you from fear and fright." She whispered, caressing her daughter's head, something that she used to recite for her daughter when she was younger.

Yamna

"We are having our small little celebration." Papa beamed. "I bought fresh pancakes for our Sunshine." 

"Papa, you didn't have to." 

"We'll have the proper mithai with Mum, Dad, Bhai and Bhabi, In Sha Allah." Mama said. "And Rohaan, of course."

"For now, some sweetness for our little family." Papa said, placing a plate of pancakes in front of me.

Again Mama recited Ayat-ul-Kursi and blew it over me. "May Allah protect you from evil eyes. Ameen." 

The doorbell rang.

"I ordered something else, and it's here." Papa immediately got up and headed to the front door.

"If it's chocolate chip muffins, I won't mind." I said to Mama.

"Assalam Alaikum!" 

My heart skipped a beat and I looked up, eyes widening.

"Walaikum Assalam!" Mama smiled, surprised. 

Papa had walked inside, his arm around Rohaan. 

My husband was wearing black jeans, a white t-shirt, and had his sunglasses hooked on the neckline of his shirt.

Without thinking, I jumped up and rushed to him, wrapping my arms around him. "Rohaan!"

"I hope I'm not intruding!" He wrapped an arm around me.

"Intruding? Bachay, we are celebrating your happiness; yours and Yamna's." Mama said. 

Blushing at my impulsive reaction, I moved away from Rohaan.

"Come here, my boy." Papa hugged Rohaan tightly, patting his back. 

"Where's my mithai, Chachu?" Rohaan asked, grinning.

"Excuse me? You are the one who are supposed to be giving out the mithai!" Papa lightly slapped his cheek. 

"You are the one who are celebrating being a grandfather, as well as celebrating the happiness of your nephew. Ma Sha Allah, twice the happiness. So, you owe us a treat." Rohaan grinned cheekily at Papa.

"Of course, my love. As soon as we're back in London, we'll get you all your favourite mithai." Mama put a hand on Rohaan's upper arm. "In Sha Allah."

"And what about me?" I pouted. "Nothing for me?" 

"Your Tayan and Tayi can treat you." Rohaan smirked at me.

"Come, bachay, have breakfast with us." Mama told him.

"I'm just going to go wash my hands." Rohaan said. "Where's the bathroom in this place?" 

"It's not Buckingham Palace. It's not hard to find." I muttered.

"Yamna!" Mama glared at me.

"It's okay, Chachi. She's just jealous that I'm being pampered for a change, even though she knows that back home, she is the one who's going to be treated like royalty, while I'll be in the background." Rohaan said.

"Never, bachay. We won't let you be ignored." My own mother had changed sides. "Yamna, go and show him the bathroom." She glared at me, saying 'no arguments' silently.

I led the way to the bathroom, which was just a few steps away. 

The moment we were inside, he closed the door and pulled me into his arms. I gasped, startled, but then wrapped my arms around him. We held each other tightly for a long, long time. I closed my eyes, breathing in his scent, basking in his warmth and strength. 

"Congratulations, Mrs. Rohaan." He whispered, nuzzling his nose against my neck.

"Congratulations, Detective Rohaan Rehan Tariq." I whispered back.

We pulled back slightly, staring at each other. The way he was looking at me, it was as if I was meant the whole universe to him. The softness in his gaze, the sweetness of his smile, it was a complete contrast of the usual tough detective that I knew (and loved unconditionally). Maybe his love for me brought out this soft side of him, and maybe it was the added imminent fatherhood. But whatever it was, I loved it. I loved seeing him like this. Ma Sha Allah!

He pressed his lips against mine, softly and slowly. I had never thought that I'd feel the happiness that I was feeling now, at the prospect of being a mother... at least not at this time in my life. But here I was, thrilled and constantly praying for the baby's safety. 

"Are you happy?" I asked.

"You know how self-obsessed I am, so the idea of my own flesh and blood coming into this world... how can I not be thrilled by that?" He grinned, kissing my forehead. "What about you?"

"I feel like I want to smile forever. Alhumdulillah." 

"I pray that you smile forever. Ameen." 

"And, you know, the first taste of chocolate ice cream on a hot summer's day. Or getting an A* in a difficult subject. Or the feeling of going away on a much awaited holiday!" Now I was blabbering on excitedly. 

Rohaan was watching me, a small smile on his face.

"All those feelings combined, and it still doesn't come close to how happy I am! Alhumdulillah!" I giggled happily, now wrapping my arms around his neck. "Now hurry and wash your hands. Mama and Papa are waiting." 

"They know we're celebrating."

My cheeks burned. "Rohaan..." 

He kept kissing me, again and again, even lifting me off the ground. I couldn't stop giggling because it was weird and silly to be doing this in this tiny bathroom. 

"Eat some more, bachay." Mama told Rohaan.

"I'm full, Chachi." Rohaan patted his stomach. 

"I'm going to make coffee." Papa stood up. 

"You sit, Chachu. I'll make it." Rohaan placed a hand on Papa's shoulder as he stood up. He started carrying the empty plates and cups to the kitchen. "Relax, Chachi..." He said as Mama started to get up.

"I'm in such a state of elation, it's unbelievable." Papa spoke after Rohaan had left the room. "Alhumdulillah!" 

"Alhumdulillah." Mama said. "And I can't wait until Bhai, Bhabi, Mum, Dad, and Rohaan's siblings find out. They will be so thrilled, In Sha Allah."

Papa chuckled. "I can imagine Haya's reaction the most."

"Oh, she would be over the moon." Mama smiled. 

"I can't wait to hug Bhai and congratulate him. In Sha Allah." Papa said. "And I can't wait to see the happiness on my parents' face."

I felt tears in my eyes at the idea of giving my family so much happiness. Of course, Allah gave us this blessing, but through me and Rohaan. We were responsible for bringing smiles on their faces, after Allah, and I felt happy and proud.

I got up and headed into the kitchen, where Rohaan was waiting for the kettle to be boiled. He turned as I entered. I strode right up to him and hugged him again, wrapping my arms around his neck as I stood on my tiptoes. 

"Rohaan, main aapse bohat mohabbat karti hoon." I whispered.

*"Rohaan, I love you a lot."

The elders of my family often said that Urdu often beautified many sentences, and the expression of love in Urdu was extraordinary. I could only express my love to him in Urdu right now, because the romance in this language was the only thing that could come close to properly express the depth of love that I felt for my husband.

"Aur main tumse bohat mohabbat karta hoon." He replied, kissing my cheek.

*"And I love you a lot."

Mama came into the kitchen. "Oh..my! I'm so sorry!" 

I blushed, pulling myself out of my husband's arms, but he kept an arm wrapped around my waist.

"I better head back." Rohaan looked at his watch.

"You drove all the way out here, and now you're going back?" I looked at him bewildered.

"Ahmed is covering for me for a bit, but he'll legit kill me if I don't make it back on time." He kissed my forehead, unafraid of expressing his affections in front of my mother. "Chachi, I trust that you'll take care of my wife and baby?" He joked.

Mama laughed. "Your wife and baby are in safe hands, my love."

"There couldn't be safer hands." Rohaan agreed. 

Rohaan

Chachu and Chachi had both tried to convince me to stay. Even Yamna pouted and softly spoke to me as we stood beside my car, asking me not to go.

But if I didn't go now, the bosses would be kicking my a*s.

I couldn't stop grinning as I drove back to London.

My baby.

Our baby.

A cousin for Ali, Arham, Maham and Annie. In Sha Allah.

My beautiful hamster giving me the most beautiful present of my life.

Ya Allah, please protect my wife and our unborn baby. Please don't let us face the same grief again. Ameen.

I couldn't wait to see my family's reactions, In Sha Allah. My Mama and Papa would be thrilled, as would be Dado and Dada Jaan. Behaya would literally lose it. Her annoying Badrooh, and her adorable Yum-Yum. Hoor, Arsal, they would both be delighted, because us siblings had been raised to feel each other's happiness as our own.

I headed straight to the police station, and arrived only seven minutes late.

But Ahmed was practically breathing fire. "You twat."

"Biwi noun milan geya si, yaar. Houn te tu samajh sakda ay." I walked past him to my desk.

*"I went to meet my wife, bro. Now you can understand."

"You'll have to repay this favour." 

"Whenever you want." I turned and patted his back.

"I can't believe you went all the way to Portsmouth to have breakfast with Bhabi!" He grinned. "You're whipped on an epic level."

My pregnant wife. I couldn't keep the smile off my face. The love of my life, my entire world, my everything. I felt love for her with such intensity that I had wanted to bring her along and keep her within my sight all day. 

But she was in her happy little world with Chachu and Chachi, and they deserved that sweet time together. 

And seeing the happiness on Chachu's face today had made me feel a sense of pride, that I had some, even if just a little, contribution in giving them this happiness. 

Ahmed patted my back, a genuine smile on his face. "It's good to see you so happy. Ma Sha Allah. You do so much for others, Ro, that you deserve true happiness of your own."

"Thanks, Ahmed." That was the sign of true friendship. No matter how much you p**s each other off, tease each other, banter, you genuinely wanted good for your friend. Ahmed had always been that friend for me. He was loyal to the core, and I trusted him with my life.

I went to Dado's again after work, and met Mama in the foyer.

"Assalam Alaikum." I walked over to her and hugged her tightly. 

"Walaikum Assalam!" She ran her fingers through my hair. "What's with this sudden affection?" 

I felt a small smile on my face. "Nothing." 

I thought about Yamna's message.

<Yamna: My Mama and Papa know, so you should tell Tayan and Anabia Mama as well. It's only fair. But we'll tell Dado and Dada Jaan, and the siblings, together, In Sha Allah!>

"I want to talk to you and Dad." I told Mama, pulling back and placing my hands on her shoulders.

"Everything okay, jaan?" 

"Come. Where's he?" 

"Upstairs..." 

I took her hand and led her upstairs. She stumbled a little, but I steadied her, wrapping my arm around her shoulders the rest of the way.

Papa looked puzzled as we walked into their room together. "What's going on?" 

"Assalam Alaikum, Papa." I closed the door.

"Walaikum Assalam." He was reading a book while sitting on the bed, and he set it aside. "Rohaan, what's wrong?" 

I got Mama to sit down beside him, and then video called Yamna. "Hey, hamster. I'm with Mama and Papa now." I turned the camera, and she greeted them.

After they'd replied, Mama and Papa turned their curious gazes on me.

"Mama, Papa, you are going to be Dado and Dada Jaan, In Sha Allah." I smiled.

"Ya Allah!" Mama's eyes filled up, even as a bright smiled appeared on her face. "Ma Sha Allah!" She held out her hand. "Yamna, meri jaan..." 

I gave her the phone and she started giving duas to my wife.

I walked over to Papa's side and he stood up, pulling me into a hug. "Papa, I hope I can be even half as good a father as you have been, In Sha Allah."

He silently patted my back, holding me in a hug for a long time, before I felt him kiss the side of my head. "You'll be better. I believe that genuinely. In Sha Allah."

I had no idea why, but while previously I chose to be more pessimistic about things, I was starting to feel more optimistic now. I felt genuinely happy, and I had faith that the days were just going to get brighter with the arrival of my baby. In Sha Allah.

"May Allah protect you all, and bless you with good health and happiness. All of you. Ameen." Papa said, before turning to the camera. 

"May Allah protect our family from evil eyes. Ameen." Mama whispered.

I glanced towards Yamna on the camera. She was smiling as well, and I caught a glimpse of tears in her eyes.

I can't wait to be a father. I can't wait for us to have our baby with us, In Sha Allah.

The new chapter of Rohaan & Yamna's life is beginning.

But will all go well this time?

Favourite part?

Thoughts and comments?

Thank you for reading and don't forget to vote!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro