16. Back To Default

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

(Warning, Slight gore and horror.)

"How should we go about it?" I ask home as i change my clothes. Passing by my vanity, I stop and look at myself fully.

My jacket, Of course, Was with (y/n). So, I was just in my plain white button up shirt. My hairstyle which took forever to get right, Was undone. I never really liked my hair down before, But looking at myself in the mirror. Knowing that she took my hair down herself, Told me i look darling. I suddenly can't help but adore it on myself.

Wally, Listen to me.

I snap out of my thoughts.

"R-right. What were you saying?" I asked as i continue to take off my clothes. Changing into my regular ones.

First, Bring him here. Then, We'll go from there.

"Like before." I mutter.

I try to not hurt my friends as much as possible but sometimes they step out of line, Home always tells me that things have to have a certain order to work and it hasn't failed yet.

"Let's get this over with." Walking towards the door, I twist the door knob but it wouldn't budge.

"Home?" I look towards the windows and it's staring at me.

You're at a point in this plan where you can't mess up. Not even once. You do understand?

"Of course. Otherwise...I'll loose her, right?" I ask and home hums in agreement.

You just convince her to stay-

"Even, With the lies I'm telling? She expects me to help her leave... To find a way out...." I look away, Feeling ashamed.

If that's the lie you have to maintain. It's for the best. It'll all be over soon. Just play your part and she'll be yours for as long as you want her.

I sigh and nod my head. Home is right, I can't let her leave. Not when what we have is real.

The door knob begins to move and the door swings open. Walking out into the cold night, I make my way to Barnaby's home.

It was unusually cold, Clouds covered the previously clear sky. My date with (y/n) seems like a warm bubble that was popped and now I'm stuck in the cold dead night. With home by my side once more.

Moving my hair to the side, I sigh and let the breeze hit my face.

Soon, I see Barnaby's home. The lights were off, He's asleep.

Going up to his door, I knock hard. I waited a few seconds and hear heavy foot steps and shuffling. The door swings open and there standing in a night gown and cap was Barnaby.

His eyes half lidded from sleep. Yawning and looking down at me, He mumbles.

"W-Wally. What brings you here so late at night?" He asks and i clear my throat.

"Get dressed. I need you to come to my home." I say simply and he arches an eyebrow.

"O-oh, alright?" He shuts the door and soon he comes out in his regular clothes. Shutting his door, I start walking back to home. He follows close behind.

"Is everything alright? Did the date... Not go well?" He asks and i roll my eyes.

"Why, Did you expect it to end badly?" I ask and he looks confused.

"No, I'm just worried.... Not to mention, (y/n) was second guessing going on the date the whole time she was getting ready..."

I stop walking and turn to him.

"Why?" I ask. My curiosity getting the best of me and he looks slightly alarmed by my stare.

"Uh.... Something about, Not coming out of this unscathed.... She looked like she was afraid of something..." Barnaby scratches his head and i turn to keep walking.

Does she know about my lies? I don't think so, She would have said something. Thought about it. Or maybe she's good at hiding her thoughts from me now.

Soon home can be seen and the door opens soundlessly.

I walk through and so does Barnaby. The whole room was dimly lit and i walk towards the room in the hallway.

"Uh, Wally? Why am I here? Where are we going?" Barnaby sounds nervous and soon walks into the room and stops.

"What... W-what is t-this?"

The walls drips black substance. Covering the red marks and scattered papers on the floor. Scratches can be seen on some corners.

The door behind us snaps closed and Barnaby turns around in shock.

"Home." I say simply and snap my fingers.

Soon the black substance starts to fall on Barnaby, Engulfing him. It runs down his big form, Down his arms and legs. Wrapping around him and soon suspending him slightly in the air.

His yells can be heard but the black liquid covers his mouth making him sputter and cough.

"Let him speak." I say as i take my sweater off. Letting it hit the floor in a thump.

Soon the liquid falls away from his face and i see him look down at me.

"Wally! Why, Why are you doing this? What's going on!" He looked frighten.

Be quick. It's almost sunrise.

I nod and look up at Barnaby. He froze when his eyes connected with mines.

"As my best friend, Don't you think it's impolite to be in (y/n)'s room. Before me? Not to mention," I walk forward one step.

"Adding yourself in situations where you aren't called upon."

"I.... i wanted to help! That's all. Wally, This is insane! You're acting like i did some kind of crime."

Don't listen to him.

"Stay in your place Barnaby. That's all I've asked from you." I said and a small sinister smile makes it's way on my lips.

"You'll be sent back to your default,"

"What? No!" Barnaby tries to break free but home was too strong. Instead it grips him harder and it makes him cry out.

"Wally! Please!" He begs.

He's going to ruin everything you made.

"It's time to show you how good I've been to you." I mutter. My heart feels like it turned into something colder yet my head felt hot.

I had anger flowing through me... But was it mine?

"Home, You know what to do." I say as the liquid wraps around Barnaby's neck, Ready to cut off circulation and remove Barnaby's head.

"Wally! W-what ....." He started choking on his words.

I turn my back and start to walk away.

"Would (y/n) t-think o-of t-t-t-this!" He yells and i stop.

"Home!" I yell and it stops strangling Barnaby.

"What did you just say?" I said angrily.

"What would she think if she saw this? You can't hide this forever from her!" Barnaby yells.

She won't find out. Wally, Don't listen.

"What do you kno-"

"I know this isn't you!" He yells and i freeze.

"You don't know that." I say simply and he sighs.

"Home, Home is killing you. You don't see it." He mutters and the black liquid starts to cover his mouth.

He's trying to trick you. I would never do anything that isn't what's best for you and this world.

"I..." I hesitate.

"Is that what your heart tells you?"

Her question runs through my head.

Does it? Is that what i believe....

Is this me?

She's going to leave, wally. Listen to me, Who's been here for you since the beginning? Tell me.

The black liquid touches my foot and i leap back in shock.

"I...i....home..." I stutter.

Answer me!

I breath in, Having my own internal war. I can't do this. What am I supposed to do? I can't loose her.

"You're right." I breath out.

"Take his head off."

"N-"

Snap!

A thud can be heard and blood splatters on my face and on the walls. I walk towards the headless body.

"Fill him." I mutter and the black liquid starts to flow in Barnaby's body. Replacing the blood.

I pull until more parts of him come undone. The black liquid filling up the places i dismembered.

Soon, He was in pieces infront of me.

I felt numb, Like i wasn't there.

"Hurry up." I told home as i put him back together, Renewing his memories, Letting the black liquid remake him and take him back to his default state.

"He'll remember nothing about the past three days. He'll stay in his place." I mutter and home stayed quiet. Soon he was fully put back together, The black substance turned red and i walk towards the door. Opening it and walking out.

The sun was peaking through the windows in the living room. Home drags Barnaby to the living room and i turn towards him.

"Wake up, Old friend." I tap his nose and it twitches for a second. Opening, One eye then another.

"O-oh! Wally!" He looks around.

"Did i pass out Infront of your home? Looks like i probably practiced balancing on my ball too much." He chuckled as he stood up.

I smile at him.

"Seems so. You should go home and get ready for the day. It's morning." He yawns and nods. Saying his goodbye, He leaves.

My smile slips and i fall to my knees. Shaking uncontrollably.

Good job wally. Get some rest.

I didn't respond or move. Feeling my whole body rejecting my own soul.

What am I doing.

Why do i continue to do it.

Everytime, I do. I fall ill and weak.

Putting my hand on my head with a sigh.

"It's worse this time." I mutter and drag myself to my room.

Shutting the door and falling on the cold floor as my body fails me.

Is this really me?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro