❤30❤

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

VEER

I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Did he refer to the past?

He took advantage of my stunned self and pushed me aside.

"He never cheated you Suhani, it was me " He looked at her and she was equally confused.

What did he mean by that?

I got up to get a hold of him when he pushed me and Suhani inside the room and locked it himself entering inside.

"What the hell are you doing? " I marched towards him to give him his senses back but he joined his hand before me.

"Please listen to me once... Please... I can't live like this... Please"

I ran my fingers through my hair and glared at him, "BARK".

I was inches away from killing him. He was messing with my mind along with her.

" I thought you both have sorted out the misunderstanding when I got to know about your marriage. But looking at you two, I know you haven't. You are still living the misunderstanding that... I... I created between you too... "

Misunderstanding?

He created?

"Veer... You think Suhani cheated on you and Suhani you think Veer cheated on you. It's not true.... "

"Oh shut up! He asked you to make up this story right? Both of you are disgusting... " Suhani looked between us and gave a look screaming 'pathetic'.

She tried to walk away but Samrat stood before her blocking her way.

This time he didn't dare to touch her.

"Please Suhani... Let me complete "
He pleaded and she looked at him bored.

"Veer, remember Suhani used to tell you about me playing with girls' emotions? She used to tell you about all my bad deeds?... You never believed it... You considered me so close to you that you didn't even trust the person whom you loved dearly, who was your solace... "

I was mercilessly thrown back to our past... The dreadful past.

His eyes were glistening and had a look of guilt on his face.

I was looking at her intently but she didn't look up to match my gaze.

"It was all...T... True, Veer. Everything. She never lied to you. I lied. "

It felt like the air was knocked out of my lungs. I observed him carefully to find an ounce of a lie but I was only greeted with honesty. His eyes were not lying.

Did he really?

I felt disgusted, I still remember what Suhani told me and I thought it was her hate towards him. But all of it was true?

A truth that he destroyed so many girls' emotions. He was a playboy. And I always supported him unintentionally. I was feeling so low of me to be a part of his deeds unknowingly.

" I lied to you when I said Suhani wanted to break our friendship. I lied to you that it was a bet between us. I lied to you when I said she was into me. All of it was a pure lie. "

Taking a sharp intake of breath he continued, " That day you heard her saying you were her mistake. It was not true. I blackmailed her to say that, I trapped Vaidehi in my fake love and threatened Suhani to send mine and Vaidehi's messages to Vaidehi's parents. I wanted to record Suhani saying all those nasty things which I put in her mouth about you but fortunately for me at that time you came at the exact time when she was repeating my words to save her friend's honor and character in front of her parents. She never lied to you, Veer. She never played with your emotions."

Yet again, the ground beneath my feet slipped.

He used Suhani.

He used Vaidehi.

And all these years I was hating Suhani was being honest and a true friend?

All these years of my life were a lie?

"You  Bastard! " I punched his face, roaring in anger.

"I deserve it I know... But please let me clear Suhani's side... Please" He stumbled due to the impact of the punch.

"Suhani... I said Veer was like me that is why we were friends. It was again a lie. He is someone who loved truly... Who loves truly without a second thought whereas me... I am a sinner. I am a fake lover. He was and is not like me... That day I deliberately made you listen to only half of the conversation. And with Ashwini being your hater it was way easier. When you two were not on talking terms Veer always went missing for some time after the coaching... One day I followed him and got to know about both of your special place. When you were going to talk to Veer I already send Ashwini behind Veer to pretend as if they were having a good time. I killed the time by telling you my made-up stories.

When you reached there you exactly heard what we wanted you to hear.
You were hurt and broken and it gave me sadistic pleasure. Veer never dared to say a wrong thing about you even after the fight. What you heard was only half of the conversation. After those words, Veer caught her off guard,'This is what you wanted to hear, Right Ashwini? I know you don't like Suhani much and somehow you got to know about the difference we are facing and you thought just to take advantage of it so that you can have a perfect gossip topic. Am I right? Listen Ashwini I am telling you to stay out of it otherwise you won't like the consequences'

He never said anything wrong about you to anyone.

I am the sinner here. I created the misunderstanding that you guys cheated on each other. " As he finished I could feel my thumping heart...My hands were cold and

Tears of regret left my eyes... What did I do?

Only if I had believed her a little. Only if I would have heard her once. Maybe all of this could have been avoided.

"W.. W.. Why? " I lifted my eyes to look at the person whom I hurt the most, whom I didn't believe. 

"I was jealous of you. You were taking my friend away from me. Before you, Veer used to share everything with me. I was aware of his life's inch detail, He told me everything from his parents to his dreams but since the day you arrived, You changed our equation. You Changed the old Veer. You took my friend from me. I hated you. And wanted you out of his life"

Both of us gasped at him. At that time he was having this unusual hate for a thing he thought was true?

We wasted so many years because of this baseless hate?

My head was spinning with the turn of events. It was getting difficult to even breathe. What did I do?
Nothing can return those years. Nothing can forgive my mistakes.

Only if I would have heard her once.

"Why... Why did you... Come now? You said you were leaving for her then what happened? " I looked at him trying to know if that was also a lie.

"It was true... I never knew when my hate towards her turned into a small crush, when she left for her higher studies to the other city I too went behind her thinking I will get a chance with her.  But she closed me off from everything. She passed me a look of disgust and rejected all my advances. Later I went somewhere else leaving everything behind. Cutting you off from me "

"And I thought... "

"You thought Suhani was successful in breaking our friendship as I said. No, it never happened. " completing my sentence, He looked down with a shameful look on his face.

Suhani was silently crying hearing everything.

Every time she cries it's because of me.
How much I have hurt her.

I am ashamed of myself.

Only if, for once I would have believed her...

I was crying in front of Waheguru Ji that he never blessed me with love but he always did. I couldn't see it. He gave me so many chances but what I did? I neglected all.

A person like me who can't value love doesn't deserve love. She was right!

"I realized how much it hurts when you love someone dearly and they betray you. I learned it the hard way. I loved a girl madly. Insanely. But she left me. She betrayed me letting me taste my own medicine. Nobody gets happiness ruining other's happiness. I have been living with the guilt of separating you two for the past 5 years. When I heard you both got married I thought you were aware of the differences created by me I just came here to apologize. Waheguru Ji punished me for playing games with you two. I am a sinner. I know my apology can't bring those precious years back. My apology won't mend your burning hearts but I still dare to apologize to you both. Please if possible forgive me. I accept your every punishment. Please free me from this guilt "

He cried. He cried hard asking for our forgiveness.

Who am I to forgive him when I too did the mistake of not trusting someone as pure as my Soniye.

There was complete silence in the room.

An eerie silence.

She picked up her luggage and went out of the room leaving me in tears.

I wanted to stop her. I wanted to repent for my mistake. I wanted to talk to her, hug her, and tell her how much guilty I was.

But who was I to stop her?

Didn't I ask her to leave?

Why did I do that? What did I do?
Please ignore grammatical mistakes.

Editor :- its_chahat_here ❤✨

Next update :- Tomorrow

Thanks for reading❤.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro