16: A little family

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

More strawberry family fluff.

"Ah, Hiroto fell asleep." Ace pointed out when she saw said person resting his head on his arms, completely asleep. Xander looked up from his book, his face softening.

"I suppose we can end the study session early." Togo mused as she closed the textbook "Can you two bring him to his room so he can rest properly?"

"Yep! Don't worry about that." Xander smiled, carefully picking up the young redhead as Ace got up, taking the notebooks in her arms. Waving at Togo, the two went up the stairs towards Hiroto's room.

"Ah, Hiroto's eyebags have gotten worse." Xander mumbled to himself as soon as he saw Hiroto's face. Ace perked up at that.

"Do you think he's overworking himself?" she suggested, opening the door to Hiroto's room.

"I can understand why. He really wants to find his family, whether or not they're alive." Xander said, carefully placing the young redhead in the bed, before sitting on the bed as well. Ace placed the notebooks on the shelf.

"Togo and Utsuro are working on that, but since they're both studying, and there isn't much information about the Akagi family online, it's going a bit too slow." the jockey sighed as she walked over to the bed, sitting next to Xander. The rebel's face darkened, his eyes slowly turning gray. Ace looked over to him in worry.

"Dammit... Just. Just why would Zetsubou do this to Hiroto? To those innocent people?" Xander growled, looking at Hiroto's arms specifically. He still remembers when Hiroto showed him the bruises from the experimenting Zetsubou did on him.

"Xander..."

"It's... It's not fair, Ace. It's... Hiroto didn't deserve it any of that." the rebel choked out a sob "Not only that, they... they killed off Yacchan so easily... Yacchan could still be alive here, today..." he sobbed, looking at Ace with guilt and sadness, tears streaming down his face. The red eyed girl gently cupped her boyfriend's face, wiping the tears away.

"Zetsubou... They cause a lot of pain." Ace mumbled "Not only to us, but to the innocent. I don't know why David's parents were working with Zetsubou, but they were. Zetsubou could have harmed Hiroto's family. They're... They're awful." she ranted, clenching her fists. Xander stared at his girlfriend, tears still running down his face, before bringing her into a tight hug, scared that if he let go of her, she'd disappear from his sight.

"I know, Ace. That's why we're going to stop them. And... our classmates, our friends, everyone... will be safe. We'll make a great future." the rebel reassured her, although she didn't know if he was reassuring her, himself, or the both of them. Ace just buried her face on Xander's shoulder, feeling like crying too. But she wanted to stay strong.

As soon as the two separated from the hug, which took Ace a lot of time (almost 15 minutes) to convince Xander that she was not gonna disappear just because he wasn't hugging her, they heard Hiroto groan. Turning around, the couple saw how the young redhead sat up, a bit tired.

"Ugh... Huh..?" he sleepily let out, rubbing his eyes.

"Ah, Hiroto? Did we wake you up?" Xander asked, a bit concerned.

"Ah, no... I just... had a weird dream..." Hiroto yawned. Ace and Xander looked at him with worry.

"A weird dream?" Ace asked.

"Yeah, but... don't worry about it..." the vigilante mumbled before falling asleep yet again. Xander just shook his head.

"He worries me a lot..." he admitted, Ace nodding in agreement.

"Let's stay with him tonight, make sure he gets sleep."

Strawberry family is their name now.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro