22: Halloween Nightmare part 2

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

*Insert cool caption*

"You sure are impatient to go back to the dorms, h-huh Ace?" Eden nervously laughed.

"Y-Yeah, what's the rush?" Nico asked. Both them and Eden were trying their best to make sure Ace got there after the rest finished with the decorations. According to Xander's plan, Hu was gonna text one of them to tell them that they were done.

"I'm tired. We've just been walking and hanging out all day, my feet hurt." Ace admitted.

"Hmmm, you wanna go to the nearby park to rest and get something to eat?" Eden suggested. Although Ace did so begrudgingly, the two agreed to the plan. They all went to a small coffee shop near the park, Eden insisting on paying for the snacks because she was the one who organized the whole hangout and so she was the one who had to take responsibility.

"Ah, my feet hurt..." Eden giggled as she sat down.

"Then why did we have to walk all day around the city?" Ace asked.

"Well, b-because it's a special day, and we wanted to treat you." Nico said.

"Special day? I mean, yeah, it is Halloween, but-"

"Wait... Do you not know?" the clockmaker asked, confused. Ace raised a brow.

"Know what?"

"It's your birthday today, Ace..." Nico sweatdropped. Ace's face went blank.

"...Ooooh... So that's why-" she interrupted herself "I forgot."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"HUUUUUH?!" Ace covered her ears at the two's outburst.

"W-What do you mean you forgot?!" Nico questioned.

"I never celebrated my birthday with my family, so I kinda forgot. I only started celebrating it up until two years ago." the jockey explained, taking a bite of her sweet apple. Everything was silent for a few seconds, and Ace felt uncomfortable, regretting sharing that little part of her life with them.

"...Sorry, I shouldn't be bothering you guys with-" she interrupted herself when she saw Eden's teary eyes and Nico's concerned face, also about to cry "Wha-Why are you guys crying?!" she exclaimed, confused.

"Y-You never c-celebrated your birthday! T-That's not fair! You should have been able to-to celebrate the best day of your life!" Eden hiccuped, hugging Ace tightly. The jockey just froze, surprised.

"We're going to make sure that you're going to remember your birthday as the best day of your life." Nico smiled "Until Xander proposes to you, that is." they added. Ace's face bursted into a bright shade of red at the thought of Xander popping the question a lot of people wait for.

"Ah... Eden, I think we broke her..." Nico sweatdropped. Eden was too busy hugging the jockey to even notice that. Ace was about to hug her back until she noticed someone watching them from the corner of her eye. Looking at it better, her eyes widened.

"GUYS WATCH OUT!"

*BANG!*

Both Eden and Nico gasped as Ace pushed them down to the floor, barely dodging a bullet directed to them. Ace had her arms wrapped around them in a protective manner as two people came out of the shadows. "Ah, I missed..." the woman sighed, pointing her gun at Ace.

"Hey, what the heck?!" Eden exclaimed "Why did you try to shoot our friend?!"

"Quiet, shrimp. Our business is with your friend." the man stated.

"..." Ace said nothing "Eden, Nico." she started, getting up. The two looked at her in confusion as she pulled out something from her pocket.

"Run away from here and tell the rest to go to the safe place." she told them as two blades appeared from the handles. Both of their eyes widened as the two people aimed their guns at Ace before shooting.

"ACE!"

*CLANK!*

Both Eden and Nico gasped as Ace sliced one of the bullets in half, while blocking the other with her blade. She then rushed at them, cutting the guns in half. "S-So cool..." the clockmaker said in awe.

"Tch!" the woman scoffed as she punched Ace on the face. The redhead was barely phased by that as she threw her swords upwards before punching the woman on the gut, making her double over in pain. Ace then knocked her out with an uppercut.

"You bitch!" the man shouted before running at Ace with a syringe in his hand. The jockey shielded herself with the woman's unconcious body. The man stabbed the woman with the syringe.

"!!" Ace smirked as she was quickly behind the man, both of her swords on her hands. One was on his neck, the other was poking his back.

"That's what you were planning on using that to kidnap David, right?" Ace asked, pissed off. The man remained quiet.

"K-Kidnap D-David?" Nico asked, his face becoming pale. Eden just gasped.

"Hehe... Hehehe." the man laughed. Ace raised a brow. However, before she could ask anything. Both him and the woman turned into goop, slipping out from the jockey's grip.

"What the?!-"

"...Shit... We need to head back right now!" Ace told them, pulling back her blades before hiding the handles and starting to run back to the dorms building.

"Ah! Ace wait, you're going the wrong way!"

"...I KNEW THAT!"

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro